Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell ideas :D 68 or even 78?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Hi, guys.
One of my beginning posts, so bear with me.

I have a number of appealing ideas for spells, I hope KI might like, and so might other players.

Fire:
I had 3 ideas. Naturally, since I'm a pyromancer.
First of all, a super-link, a further advancement to the Link and Power Link spells. It should deal about 700 damage and heal 400 over time.

Second, the Sunstorm spell. It'll be like a cold, garnet light will envelop the area. And from the sky, a point of bright yellow, and then a fusillade of fire rain. It'll do like 700 damage to each opponent over 3 rounds.

Thirdly, I had the Evil Flamefox spell.
It'll be like a desolate, desert area with red mist, where greyish-black ash will billow, and finally, a dark form will manifest from within the ashes. It will be like a small, orange fox whic'll then glow and mutate to a snarling, vicious monstrosity, each canine showing and with a trail of sparks at his paws. He'll take a deep growl and a vortex of magma will erupt from the opponent's feet, like a fire geyser. It'll do 1,200 damage to a single opponent and will dispel his next fire, ice and storm spell.

Ice: I had one idea, i.e. Ymir's Fury.

Ymir's fury: A series of cold, harsh, icy mountains will appear all engulfed in white mist. There'll be a deep rumbling and roar, obviously belonging to Ymir, and a giant mass of snow will fall rapidly, dealing 900 damage to one opponent and stunning him for one round.

Storm
Hypnotized Mermaids:
There will be a giant vortex of swirling, gushing, spurting water. On the edges, situated on three rocks will be three mermaids. They'll look beautiful, but a second later, their eyes will shine a menacing, hypnotized, empty black. They'll all point their silver spears into the maelstrom and it will grow, becoming more violent and suck up the opponent, dealing 1,400 damage and then they'll turn to the player and put a tower shield of sorts on the player.

I had weak ideas for the rest.
Myth: Anubis Knight. Guaranteed stun to the opponents for six rounds.
Life: Mountain Fairy. Deal 800 damage and put Spirit Armour.
Death: Risen Corpse. Drain 1000 health. Heal half to player.

Thanks for reading.
Hope you enjoyed this.
Comment freely, too1

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Abbx901 wrote:
Fire:
I had 3 ideas. Naturally, since I'm a pyromancer.
First of all, a super-link, a further advancement to the Link and Power Link spells. It should deal about 700 damage and heal 400 over time.

No. You already two Link spells, why do you need a third?

Second, the Sunstorm spell. It'll be like a cold, garnet light will envelop the area. And from the sky, a point of bright yellow, and then a fusillade of fire rain. It'll do like 700 damage to each opponent over 3 rounds.

This is coming off very Meteor Storm.

Thirdly, I had the Evil Flamefox spell.
It'll be like a desolate, desert area with red mist, where greyish-black ash will billow, and finally, a dark form will manifest from within the ashes. It will be like a small, orange fox which'll then glow and mutate to a snarling, vicious monstrosity, each canine showing and with a trail of sparks at his paws. He'll take a deep growl and a vortex of magma will erupt from the opponent's feet, like a fire geyser. It'll do 1,200 damage to a single opponent and will dispel his next fire, ice and storm spell.

Attacks aren't "evil", which is why I hate that the Evil Snowman is labeled 'evil' for no good reason, so I think it should just be Flamefox. Either way, it's coming off very Heckhound, escpecially in the sense that it doesn't really attack the target. Also, the attack is way too strong.

Ice
Ymir's fury: A series of cold, harsh, icy mountains will appear all engulfed in white mist. There'll be a deep rumbling and roar, obviously belonging to Ymir, and a giant mass of snow will fall rapidly, dealing 900 damage to one opponent and stunning him for one round.

Where's Ymir? He doesn't make an appearance? If he doesn't then the roar being Ymir's isn't "obvious" as you put it. Anyway, this seems kinda like Frost Giant. This attack is too strong as well.

Storm
Hypnotized Mermaids:
There will be a giant vortex of swirling, gushing, spurting water. On the edges, situated on three rocks will be three mermaids. They'll look beautiful, but a second later, their eyes will shine a menacing, hypnotized, empty black. They'll all point their silver spears into the maelstrom and it will grow, becoming more violent and suck up the opponent, dealing 1,400 damage and then they'll turn to the player and put a tower shield of sorts on the player.

Mermaids in nature are more like Ursula than Ariel, so there's no need for them to be hypnotized. Again, no direct monster attack and, even though it's a Storm spell, the damage is too strong.

Myth: Anubis Knight. Guaranteed stun to the opponents for six rounds.

No damage? Guaranteed stun for six rounds isn't very appealing to me as a Rank 9 or 10 spell.

Life: Mountain Fairy. Deal 800 damage and put Spirit Armour.

There's already a Fairy in this game. The damage is pretty good, but the Spirit Armor effect is a bit unoriginal to me.

Death: Risen Corpse. Drain 1000 health. Heal half to player.

Already a Ghoul in this game. Way too strong.

Final Thoughts: Research is your friend.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Nice ideas!Though for the Myth, a six turn stun is too long. In PvP it would allow for quick unblockable defeats. Here are mine:

Fire: Chimera. Deals ~500 Fire Damage + 510 Fire Damage over 3 rounds (single target).

Ice: Fenrir. Deals ~700 Ice Damage to target, plus a Mega Taunt.

Storm: Siren. Deals ~750 Storm damage to all + Stun

Life: Caladrius. Heals target by 50% max heath, and gives a 400 power Absorb.

Death: Anubis. Deals ~900 Death damage to target, convert 33% to health.

Myth: Behemoth. Deals ~860 Myth damage to target, plus remove all Charms and Wards.

Balance: Sphinx. Deals ~750 Balance damage to target, plus +1 power pip to all allies.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
I have some level 68 spell ideas.

School: Fire
Spell: Volcano
Pips: 9
Appearance: A big volcano appears and lava explodes out and hit all opponents one at a time.
Damage: 900 to all enemies and puts Elemental Sheild on all friends.

School: Ice
Spell: Polar Bear
Appearance: A polar bear on an iceberg appears and jumps up and attacks on enemy.
Damage: 915-995

School: Storm
Spell: Stingray
Appearance: A purple jellyfish appears underwater and stings on enemy.
Damage: 1,235 to one enemy and puts Weakness and Black Mantle on target.