Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Going first in PVP should really take turns.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2010
A lot of you probably have experienced this unfairness in pvp. Whoever goes first has the advantage and control of the game over the other. They can always read their moves and take advantage of that. It would be better for both players to have the option of going first by taking turns for each round. This will balance the PVP more and make it more fair for everyone.

If you support my post please reply and put in your comments as well.

Thank you and have a great day!

Explorer
May 12, 2010
If you mean, like in the game of Chess, where player one moves, then player 2 moves, yes, I completely agree! This will help even things out on the playing field!

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
the player with two consecutive turns will be able to break shield and strike in the same turn. not sure this would resolve matters but if the second turn were starting with a shield, it could even first turns shielding advantage.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I know they are small but there are actually some advantages to going second. Few but still there lol

For example if one of your team mates heals you when going second and the team going first knocked you out. If you team mate did heal you, you will be able to still cast despite being knocked out. If you were going first and KOed then you lose all your pips and just have to wait to be healed.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
Yeah I really wish they make it so that player 1 goes first in round 1. Then player 2 goes first in round 2. Constantly taking turns going first every round. Hopefully this clarifies the post.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Try being unpredictable.. There are many ways to control the fight from second, fire is a great school to keep the person on point ( first position) on the defensive. Train cloak and hide your shields and attacks. The path to victory is there you just have to look for the best way to get there.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
looneyz00 wrote:
Yeah I really wish they make it so that player 1 goes first in round 1. Then player 2 goes first in round 2. Constantly taking turns going first every round. Hopefully this clarifies the post.

This creates a wizard that is not only breaking you shield but striking you immediately. You will complain about this proposed fix a lot if it goes into effect.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
looneyz00 wrote:

This creates a wizard that is not only breaking you shield but striking you immediately. You will complain about this proposed fix a lot if it goes into effect.

That's exactly what I'm saying, if the person that goes 1st see that the second person puts up a shield, the 1st person can break it and if the second person puts up a blade, he will be open to attack from the 1st person. The second person is always reactive and never gets an open attack unless he stuns the first person. Tell me how you can fix this problem?