Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Accounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2009
I believe that multiple people should be allowed to go on one account. For example, say two sibling each want to make a character on one account because they plan on making that account a member. This is allowed, right? So, I noticed that two people cannot log onto an account at the same time, which causes them to take turns. This usually does not work out, so I am wondering if you can have another update and let multiple people log onto one account.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
sirlw7 wrote:
I believe that multiple people should be allowed to go on one account. For example, say two sibling each want to make a character on one account because they plan on making that account a member. This is allowed, right? So, I noticed that two people cannot log onto an account at the same time, which causes them to take turns. This usually does not work out, so I am wondering if you can have another update and let multiple people log onto one account.

I myself faced a similar problem. But KI has this transfer thing for characters. You make another account and prove that it is a family account and they will transfer the other wizard to that account. While it is assured they will make you pay for both accounts you get a family plan discount so it is nice.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
sirlw7 wrote:

They can't do that, because then the whole world could play off of one account. If the account was opened up like your asking, it wouldn't stop at six (the number of wizards) it would be open for as many people that had the username and password. That scenario encourages username and passwords to be shared, something KI expressly discourages due to fraud and other online issues. You may intend for your immediate family, but others may consider cousins as family too. The cousins that like to steal and things like that. Plus, the number of tickets KI would receive due to "misplaced" and "accidental delete/sold" items in the shared bank, because of siblings losing or fighting over them, would probably rise too.

Taking turns on the same account, to my knowledge is not expressly forbidden, but here is the Terms of Use:

"You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for any use of your password to gain access to your account and your account information. If you disclose your password to any other person, it is at your own risk. You do not own the account you use to access the Site, and you do not own any data the Company stores on its servers."

https://www.wizard101.com/game/termsofuse

Here is KI's response when others have brought this up:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/18425.ftl#94700

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/6585.ftl#32447

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/14831.ftl#75045

Community Leader
The only way to play multi players is to have 2 or more accounts. If you are paying for one subbed account why not have 2 as a family account which cost just about the same as the one single subbed account.

I hope KI does not allow multi sign ins to one account for many reasons this alerts me to if anyone signs into my account. Also I have seen many problems with shared accounts.
Example 1 child 1 - You sold my gear? child 2 - Yeah I was mad at you.
Example 2 Someone took(hacked) my account . Did you give your pass out ? Well only to my friend.

I have seen these thing all to often.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
YES! Thank you for posting this, sirlw7! I would love for several people to be able to go on one account. KI, please look into this.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
you cant do this cause KI wants you to make another account and get another membership.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
They have set up 'family accounts' so that if you have two or more accounts linked they each become cheaper.

Then again, if you are paying monthly, you could pay the same for two accounts by getting them both yearly when on sale.

In either case, neither, in the larger scope of the world, are very expensive (the yearly, when on sale, is $5/month)....that is half an hour work at the local buger joints where I live....

Explorer
May 11, 2010
I wish that they would let more than one person play on one account but they never will.