Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

does this minion attack?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
the storm minion doesn't attack. what is up with that?
i was battling cyrus drake, and all the minion did was sprite, shield, and absorb.
i know he has ghoul,vampire,and wraith because of wiz101 central wiki.

i had to flee :(

devin ravenmask level 41 myth
a very annoyed myth

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I'm not a big fan of minions for this very reason; you can't control their actions, so it's really up to them to be helpful or not.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
The minion is not suppose to attack. Storm is the best attacker in the game having a minion dealing out damage too creates an imbalance. The minion is also not designed to heal everyone on the team. It is designed to heal itself after it has taunted the enemies onto itself. It will heal, Elemental Shield and cast absorb on others occasionally, not everytime.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Storm minion is sort of a counterbalance for your school. Storm school is hard hitting raw power so the minion compliments it well and I will explain why. Your minion has high health compared to the other elemental schools and is meant to draw attacks away from you in essence keeping itself alive with heals and shields creating opportunity for you to strike. When used correctly it is a valuable part of storms arsenal considering storms main disadvantage--> low health.
My advice to you, when questing in early stages cast minion early on in the fight to draw a strategic advantage until you reach the later stages of storm school development where you definitely will outgrow it. Now go electrocute something and good luck ;)

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Why did you use the storm minion when you have myth minions?
Load all of your myth prisms and convert your myth attacks to storm.

The Storm minion is primarily designed to distract attention away from the caster, usually a storm wizard. The minion uses taunt and frequently shields and heals itself. It does use Ghoul occasionally, and vampire rarely because it can also heal with those spells. I have never seen that minion use wraith.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
hp1055cm wrote:

The Storm minion is primarily designed to distract attention away from the caster, usually a storm wizard. The minion uses taunt and frequently shields and heals itself. It does use Ghoul occasionally, and vampire rarely because it can also heal with those spells. I have never seen that minion use wraith.

That's a good point. The minotaur minion is a far greater alternative for distracting away an opponent than the water elemental.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
hp1055cm wrote:

i used the storm minion because i was fighting a myth character. i also NEVER get prisms when i need them. plus, i would only get 2 minotaurs with prisms because max copies is 4. -_-

devin ravenmask level 41 myth
p.s. i beat cyrus and now i am in the athenum

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
But only myth wizards have access to myth minions... Most of myth's exclusive spells are minions. I guess if he could find a treasure card...