Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching = Frustration

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Hey Wizards! I'm always hatching and I always try to get enough money to hatch, but the problem with hatching is that you don't always get a Hybird pet. I mean, I've been trying to get the ArchFriend and other Hybird pets and I've been trying for at least 2 weeks, and guess what, I still get the pet I already had! Kingsisle I think you should not make people try hatching 500 times before getting a Hybird pet, just let us get the Hybird pet first try and end it. For the people Who've been Ahatching for a while and still don't get what they want, it's just so frustrating. I try and try to mix my Helephant with a Wraith or Unicorn and it just doesn't work! I'm so mad! Just fix this problem with the hatching so we won't have any frustrating hatches! ~ Brianna, a frustrated Level 60 Pyromancer. Please somebody who runs the pet message boards tell me how to get my pet or reply about fixing this problem.

Explorer
May 25, 2009
Wow i am so glad i am not the only one!
below is an example of my frustration!

The first time i hatched i gotta ghost hound so i was like wow this pet soooo awesome!
2nd time oh well its still ok i mean i already have one.
3rd ok maybe ill be lucky next time.
4th ugh maybe i shouldn't try again.
5thok maybe just one more try but if i dont get it i am not trying again!
6th ok so i tried and i failed again.

it costs me 40,000 a hatch fix it that's still pretty high for regular pets that are not crowns or drops!

Fix this bug its very irritating cause now i have 6 ghost hounds!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
As far as I know danger hound only makes ghost hounds. I think it was supposed to be a special edition pet. Special edition pets cannot make copies of themselves. This is on purpose to keep them special.
There is a list somewhere of retired and special edition pets. check the headmaster's announcements, I am not sure if it is there or not.