Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

high to the sky

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
i'm always " not liking " how where only about three inches off the ground ( as long as you have a flying mount like a: dragon, broom, magic carpet, griffon, wings, skeletal dragon any i left out ) so maybe going sky high reaching the clouds and all that, maybe it could be part of a quest for something like holiday idk anyways i can plan out the rest cya

Explorer
May 25, 2009
I also want them to fly!!
I mean why give a mount wings if its only a foot off the ground? :?

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
flying mounts are obviously to prevent you from getting soaking wet when you cross water. You don't want to catch a cold here. Remember Sylvia Drake...

Seriously, if you could fly in dragon spire you could just land on top of each tower, and open a certain portal. What would you do, kick the dragon titan in the nose?
If you can fly over buildings you can get away from the roads, do you want them to add flying monsters? If you cannot fly over buildings are you just flying high enough to avoid the monsters on the ground? If a person on a ground bound mount, pony/tiger, wants to fight a flying monster what do they do? Will people have to avoid shadows of flying monsters when crossing the street? Where does a flying wizard fight? In the air? Do you plummet to earth each time you get into a fight? You do realize that we can look straight up, but we cannot look straight down. The camera will not angle far enough for us to see. How will you find stuff on the ground?

Just some questions that need answering. If you want it you have to figure it out, the staff have more important things to do. Like raising the level cap....

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
This is very interesting. I have some ideas

Idea 1
Mini games:

If you own a mount then there should be more perks to owning a mount. So comes mini games! These types of mini games only work if having a flying mount.
One could be about catching an item HIGH IN THE SKY . Another could landing on platforms and every time you land one you get higher and higher, its like doodle jump on the ipod. Lets not forget those mounts that don't fly. One mini game can have you riding on your mount catching some monsters like leperchauns and you gotta catch em at the right time. Hey why not each mount have one mini game of their own. An example could be the magic carpet mount having a mini game that no other mount has. This mini games can make mounts more wanted. Maybe someone would want to collect them all so they see what different mini game they have. Can't u just see that happening. I mean they made pet mini games so why not mounts. I mean if you think about we only get mounts cause they make us faster and make you look cool. Thats it :?
( This will work for Zeke's 1 day mounts )

Idea 2
New World only enter-able by mounts.

Say a world high in the sky nothing but clouds and land broken up into islands.
Imagine fighting monsters on the clouds, or how bout fighting monsters while you still riding ur mount. See how you cast a spell while on your mount.

An even cooler thing could be alternate paths for this "Skyworld" Say there are 2 paths to a boss:
One with clouds with monsters on them and the other path with nothing but they sky and no monsters. With a ground mount you have to go through the clouds infested with monsters But with a sky mount you can pass it no problem. Maybe areas that have no path for ground mounts and only sky mounts. And you might be like " we can just port to the person no need to fly there ;) " Well no you have to fly, if you try to port it would say " Requires Flying Mount" So it basically means flying mount will be most desirable. Oh that makes a problem for ground mounts since it will make it less desirable. Well i got an idea for that too

Idea 3
Gear for mounts:
This type of gear helps you in your stats. Not only that but it can make your pets look very coooooooooool 8)
But how does it make it better for ground mounts? Well ground mounts will have better armor stats then flying mounts. So it makes it fair. I mean we need more perks for having mounts.

Well feel free to give some ideas and such :-D ;)

Sean DragonSpear
Level 60
Legendary Pyromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Why? The mounts do their job. That's all that really concerns me. I'm waiting for the level cap increase. If they incorporate this into the game, that's another 5-6 months I need to wait.