Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what is with my accuracy!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 19, 2008
i'm fire so i have a 75% chance my spell will cast right? i have gear boosts so i have plus 11 accuracy so i should have about 86%. Thats a little higher than deaths accuracy. so i should fizz allot less then when my accuracy was 75, But my accuracy is even worse than it was at 75%. In fact its been like this ever since i got to Wintertusk.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
colagada wrote:
Tougher enemies must be harder to hit.

i guarantee that is the wrong answer. accuracy has nothing to do with the enemy to my knowlege. your accuracy is based on your gear and the ruling on the spell. i think your just having bad luck. in my oppinion tougher enemies should be easier to hit hence the word TOUGHER. (spelling) if they are harder to hit they will just kill you. so honestly, i think its just bad luck :(

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
It has been hinted at in past posts (by staff) that the game does some accuracy 'padding' in our favor. it seems likely, if this is truly the case, that at lower levels our accuracy is actually being calculated as being Higher than it shows. Then as we progress and reach higher levels it actually becomes the accuracy shown. This is, however, just a theory of mine because it does seem when i start new wizards that they are Not fizzling as much as they probably should. -etherchaos

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I think sometimes you just have some bad luck with fizzles.
My Legendary Life (90%) seems to fiz quite a bit and at the wrong times. I have not done a scientific study of it but it "seems" that he goes on streaks where he will fiz more than 10% of the time. By contrast, when I switch pets to a fairy that adds 6% accuracy it "seems" like he almost never fizzles.

I think it is a lot like power pip percentage in that you remember when you fiz more readily than when you don't. I mean you expect to successfully cast a spell so when it happens it seems normal, but when you fiz you take note of it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
It has been hinted at in past posts (by staff) that the game does some accuracy 'padding' in our favor. it seems likely, if this is truly the case, that at lower levels our accuracy is actually being calculated as being Higher than it shows. Then as we progress and reach higher levels it actually becomes the accuracy shown. This is, however, just a theory of mine because it does seem when i start new wizards that they are Not fizzling as much as they probably should. -etherchaos

You know, I always suspected that Wizard City was one of those "padded" areas, since it seemed like fizzles skyrocketed in Krokotopia. Always puzzled me given the fact we start out with gear with absolutely no accuracy enhancing stats. In other words, the fizzles in WC felt right, but KT was all wrong!!!

I hate when that happens. I start thinking about fizzles whenever Valentina Heartsong has been absent from the Spiral for sooooo long. Until next February........

Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
I'm currently working on my storm wiz and have like 12 added accuracy to my normal 70 and fizzle like mad too.

Explorer
May 21, 2011
I am balance (85%) and fire (75%). fire is my secondary so the BALANCE ONLY precision spell is very helpful. it adds 10% accurucy, but it can be cast on other people too.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
This may just be my bad luck, but I have been using weakness ( -25% to next damage spell and 90% accuracy) and I swear it fizzled 6 times in a row, in the end sizzling 9/10 times