Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

sun spells that confuse me

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 24, 2009
just like the title says, i have seen some sun spells that confuse me. in the waterworks, in the clam room, if you don't do it right,you battle som sun ghosts, and one of their attacks is a sun spell that does a triple blade/ shield with fire life and i think storm, and wondering, KI, what this spell was called.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
kckool wrote:
just like the title says, i have seen some sun spells that confuse me. in the waterworks, in the clam room, if you don't do it right,you battle som sun ghosts, and one of their attacks is a sun spell that does a triple blade/ shield with fire life and i think storm, and wondering, KI, what this spell was called.
well, i know it's not trainable and the only creatures i've ever seen cast these odd blade and shield combinations are those creatures in waterworks. i'm guessing by those observations that there isn't a name given for these spells. -eli and crew

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
kckool wrote:

I believe it's Sunblade and Sunshield. They are enemy-type only.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
so the monsters draw a sun when they cast this blade?
also are you sure they are not casting a elemental or spirit blade with a cloak card attached? The cloak sun spell lets you cast blades and traps, but hides what element they are so that other players can't see them.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
zebulous wrote:
so the monsters draw a sun when they cast this blade? also are you sure they are not casting a elemental or spirit blade with a cloak card attached? The cloak sun spell lets you cast blades and traps, but hides what element they are so that other players can't see them.
cloaked blades and wards show up black with a question mark on them. the blades and shields that the O.P. is referring to Do show which schools they affect and react properly to the spells of the schools they show. -eli and crew

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
zebulous wrote:
so the monsters draw a sun when they cast this blade?
also are you sure they are not casting a elemental or spirit blade with a cloak card attached? The cloak sun spell lets you cast blades and traps, but hides what element they are so that other players can't see them.

zeb, i don't think you got the post, enemies in the waterworks cast a sun spell that does a visible blade that does fireblade, stormblade, and lifeblade. same with vise versa on the shields. and thanks everyone for commenting on my post. just wanted to know if anyone else saw this.

Kenneth Frostwalker, Legendary Thaumaturge
Kyle Sandwalker, Adept Sorcerer

P.S. i wouldn't mind if this became a trainable spell, adding other combinations of schools.