Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Secret to make fighting jotun easier!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
I was helping a friend out in the hall of valor when i saw a another room just past the area where jotun is. I went up the ramp to the new room where a secret boss called Grendal Madlings was.

I fought Grendal Madlings to see what he gives at the end. But, when me and my friend faced Jotun after beating Grendal Madlings only he and the Grendal Minion came into the battle!

So i conclude that if you beat Grendal Madlings in the room right next to Jotun, Ulik and Grettir will not enter the battle with jotun. So this makes the battle much easier!

I've used this method three times now and it still works! Hope this helps those people out there stuck on the Jotun Quest!

Matthew Dragonflame level 60 Fire

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I've never heard of this, but i know if you beat helgrind and winterdeep warren, the 2 dungeons on either side of the hall of valor, then you fight jotun with just the weak grendel minion. Did you beat those 2 places at any point after receiving the jotun quest? If so, it was doing those dungeons that did this and has nothing to do with defeating maddings. -eli and crew

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If you defeated Jotun's brothers prior, that is why Jotun is by himself. It has nothing to do with Grendal Madlings.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/18284.ftl#95365

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
O wow! I thought it was a glitch but it isn't! I tried it out and it made the battle with Jotun so much easier for my friend. I had to leave so I could not help her. Sorry Savannah! (you should know who you are!!)

From now on, I will keep playing with my legendary account.

Taylor LifeWhisper
Legendary Sorcerer (Secondary: Death)
"Waterworks Warrior"

If you can find my Master Sorcerer account somewhere in the spiral,
I'll gift you the snack pack!

Amber LifeWhisper
Master Sorcerer (Secondary: Storm)
"Savior of the Spiral"

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
I need to find someone to help me fight jotun. The guy who said to fight the one on the right side of the main area where you fight jotun is right. If you kill him then you only fight jotun and the little fellow. But I can not find anyone who will help me. And i have fought these guy at least ten times and you can not win without someone helping you. Will someone please help me. Thanks Amber

Survivor
Apr 28, 2011
Hello! I will be trying this tonight 7-6-11 at 9pm EST. I'll be in the main hall outside the dungeon, I'll wait till 9:15 before I go in.

Tristan Firebrand
51 pyro

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
you dont have to fight the guy to the right of jouton just walk straight up to him and him and his little minon will be in battle i know because i did this yesterday

Survivor
Apr 28, 2011
I killed Jotun last night.

I have not killed either brother in their dungeons. First I tried to fight straight up---both brothers joined the fight.

I fled, and came back.

Then I killed the Grendel Madling. Next to Jotun!

Jotun then fights with just his lowly minion.

Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!

Tristan Firebrand

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
alloral wrote:
I killed Jotun last night. I have not killed either brother in their dungeons. First I tried to fight straight up---both brothers joined the fight. I fled, and came back. Then I killed the Grendel Madling. Next to Jotun! Jotun then fights with just his lowly minion. Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!! Tristan Firebrand
Were you with someone who had beaten the 2 brothers? i remember about a month and a half ago i went in to battle jotun and was trying to find the 2 brothers. since i didn't know where they were at the time, i fought madlings hoping he was one of them, but after that battle jotun was still waiting for me with both brothers and the minion. maybe battling madlings as a shortcut was added in a recent update, but i'm not certain. i can't test it out until my next guy gets to the quest. -eli and crew

Survivor
Apr 28, 2011
Nope, I did it solo.

I tested to see what would happen just walking up to him first, and got all three. After madling--- the brothers stayed out of it.

Tristan Firebrand