Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Card deck expansion help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
I am leveling up everyday and every now and then I get new spells from Prof. Greyrose. But I don't have room for ALL of these spells. I have a Novice Ice Deck and I can't find anything bigger to accomodate the spells. What can I do?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
aaroncupcake1 wrote:
I am leveling up everyday and every now and then I get new spells from Prof. Greyrose. But I don't have room for ALL of these spells. I have a Novice Ice Deck and I can't find anything bigger to accomodate the spells. What can I do?

A larger deck should be obtainable at the bazaar. However, as you learn more and more, you'll need to start making decisions about what spells and in what quantity you should have in your deck. There's a very good chance that soon you will start wanting to build decks for different purposes. A common thing to do, for instance, is to take your starter deck and build a "quick kill" deck that you can use for farming. Being that it sounds like you're ice, you'll probably want to build a defensive deck for playing with friends, etc...

I hope this helps.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Ask yourself one thing- how many of these spells do i actually need to win a battle? i'd recommend making 2 decks, at least. one for normal enemies and one for boss battles, then get in the habit of switching between them. i'm sure some fellow wizards would be willing to give you a list of spells to use, too, if you post your level. -eli and crew

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The Bazaar has a full collection of spell decks.

You don't need to include every spell that you've learned in your deck. Some spells are almost never used, while others are only useful in certain situations. For example, there would be no point in having Snow Shield or Melt in your deck if your enemies don't cast any Ice spells. Taunt isn't useful if you're fighting alone. Stun Block is virtually useless outside of PvP. Cramming everything in only clutters the deck and can make the spells you really want unavailable on a given turn.

Of the spells you do use, there's no reason to put the maximum of each in.

Making up your spell deck is one of the main strategies in the game. Too many wizards include a few of everything, and when they need a spell, it's not available because the unnecessary spells are in the way. Keeping your deck lean with useful spells will make battles go smoother.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
aaroncupcake1 wrote:

Go to the deck shop. Each world has a deck shop that is located near all the other shops. The higher the level of world the more card slots that will be available in the decks. Additionally, some bosses and monsters drop decks, so be on the lookout.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Check the Deck shop in the world you are currently working on. They have decks with more room for spells, Treasure Cards, and allow more copies of spells. The best decks allow 64 cards and up to 7 copies of spells from your school!! Also, you can check the Bazaar, or if you are lucky, you will get a deck as a boss drop.

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
Well. the solution is simple, if you're leveling up a lot u should be going through worlds at a quick pace and buy decks from vendors or you could farm. also there's the bazaar and everyonce in a while they have a good deck from a boss. plus the decks are not meant to carry every spelldepending on what level you are, you as ice i would suggest 2-3 copies of you're top 2 spells and have the rest shields, heals, traps, and blades.

Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
Check the bazaar or the shops in the other worlds. The decks with 55+ are available at level 45. Hope that helped!

-Madison Silverblade
Level 46 Pyromancer