Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is storm not powerful anymore?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Well I remember how storm use to be a powerful school back then, today anyone even Life can do as much damage as storm just for the fact how the game has change over time. Even Fire now have their own wild bolt with Immolate...

The pvp system was broken into pieces when Celestia came out, at that time Ice wizards became very powerful and then worst mistake ever to put the critical system just threw everything off balance.

After wintertusk came out, Fire has become powerful healers healing 200 each round just by using PowerLink, the over-use of PowerLink clearly makes fire unbeatable in PvP as they can do up to 500 damage each round.

Balance has indeed become powerful too, sand storm and others spells are really off the charts with the damage.

Storm, has become strong but you wouldn't see a big difference, everyone can do as much damage. Storm school may not even consider the strongest anymore. What is sad is that every school got stronger and obtained more health.

Has KingsIsle never thought about giving storm more health? Just for the fact that every school has become powerful... Hello? I think they should...

Myth also has become powerful, Orthrus spell doing 1,700 damage or even more... High health and powerful attacks surely make Myth school very powerful, a storm may not even handle a hit from a orthrus.

Well there is a lot more but you get my point...

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Storm is probably the best school in the game right now. At this point i don't even think it is opinion lol. Look at how many posts are dedicated because of the fact that storms can have 91% damage increase with like 144 critical chance, plus gargantuan on all their spells. I wouldnt ever complain if I could hit a tempest 2k to everyone the first round of a fight.

Plus you guys have universal resistance now which I believe storm has never had before plus what I had already mentioned storm has.

What about the fact that you guys have a 22% accuracy increase on top of 24% resistance, 82-91% damage increase, 144 critical rating. If you look at some of the other schools they made sacrifices to their gear, and storm didn't have to, is it insanely unfair yes. But I usually don't care much for it because I know it happens but I don't understand how schools can still complain even after they are given everything.

Balance and Death for example got the resistance and some buffs on their attack, however the price they had to pay was absolutely no accuracy from their gear at all, so they are using the same accuracy from the base cards like back when they were novices they have the exact same chance of fizzing.

Ice got docked like 5 resistance points which isn't all that bad it is their key trait, but the fact that the supposed tank school loses resistance gain it is a little off key. They got docked some accuracy to.

Life has no accuracy.

Storm is basically on top of the spiral now they hit like trucks, they hit fast and they critical like every other spell. They have very low chance of fizzling now which had always been their weakness which isn't really the case anymore. They have universal resistance of 24% another thing that should have been their weakness which isn't the case anymore.. I don't see at all where your coming from i'm sorry.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Another thing I wanted to add is how bad is the Water elemental minion, compare to all other minion IS NOT helpful at all.

Water elemental minion doesn't shield, attack or heal the wizard. It never does! Why uses taunt? Isn't that ice ability not storm.

Ice minion can attack and shield, Fire minion attack and shields, Life minions heal, as for the other school they attack and are also helpful.

Also, how can a storm get multiple shields off in PvP? Well if you go 1v1 anyone could use mutated storm elf. But what about going against teams?

Storm doesn't have a dot spell so if the opponents uses storm shields a storm wizard attacks are nothing.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
After seeing a legendary storm wizard in action in waterworks i can honestly say that, by far, they have the highest damage potential. are they more powerful than any other legendary? no, i'd say they are pretty much equal due to their low health. -eli and crew

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Well I remember how storm use to be a powerful school back then, today anyone even Life can do as much damage as storm just for the fact how the game has change over time. Even Fire now have their own wild bolt with Immolate...

The pvp system was broken into pieces when Celestia came out, at that time Ice wizards became very powerful and then worst mistake ever to put the critical system just threw everything off balance.

After wintertusk came out, Fire has become powerful healers healing 200 each round just by using PowerLink, the over-use of PowerLink clearly makes fire unbeatable in PvP as they can do up to 500 damage each round.

Balance has indeed become powerful too, sand storm and others spells are really off the charts with the damage.

Storm, has become strong but you wouldn't see a big difference, everyone can do as much damage. Storm school may not even consider the strongest anymore. What is sad is that every school got stronger and obtained more health.

Has KingsIsle never thought about giving storm more health? Just for the fact that every school has become powerful... Hello? I think they should...

Myth also has become powerful, Orthrus spell doing 1,700 damage or even more... High health and powerful attacks surely make Myth school very powerful, a storm may not even handle a hit from a orthrus.

Are you kidding me? Storm is still the strongest school out there. The only reason Ice and other schools can hit for so much damage is cause we can last longer and blade up more. All a storm has to do for a big hit is storm blade and gargantuan and BAM! 1,300 damage with a kraken. I think you should try to go for quick kills with wild bolts and insane bolts when you about to die.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
No, I don't. What is your point? All I see is you complaining about Storm's power not being up to your standards and using some weak or even erroneous examples to "prove" your opinion.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
No, I don't. What is your point? All I see is you complaining about Storm's power not being up to your standards and using some weak or even erroneous examples to "prove" your opinion.

lol no my point is that our low health is extremely low and compare how everyone has gotten stronger shouldn't storm get a little more health? that's my point...

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Storm is probably the best school in the game right now. At this point i don't even think it is opinion lol. Look at how many posts are dedicated because of the fact that storms can have 91% damage increase with like 144 critical chance, plus gargantuan on all their spells. I wouldnt ever complain if I could hit a tempest 2k to everyone the first round of a fight.

Plus you guys have universal resistance now which I believe storm has never had before plus what I had already mentioned storm has.

What about the fact that you guys have a 22% accuracy increase on top of 24% resistance, 82-91% damage increase, 144 critical rating. If you look at some of the other schools they made sacrifices to their gear, and storm didn't have to, is it insanely unfair yes. But I usually don't care much for it because I know it happens but I don't understand how schools can still complain even after they are given everything.

Balance and Death for example got the resistance and some buffs on their attack, however the price they had to pay was absolutely no accuracy from their gear at all, so they are using the same accuracy from the base cards like back when they were novices they have the exact same chance of fizzing.

Ice got docked like 5 resistance points which isn't all that bad it is their key trait, but the fact that the supposed tank school loses resistance gain it is a little off key. They got docked some accuracy to.

Life has no accuracy.

Storm is basically on top of the spiral now they hit like trucks, they hit fast and they critical like every other spell. They have very low chance of fizzling now which had always been their weakness which isn't really the case anymore. They have universal resistance of 24% another thing that should have been their weakness which isn't the case anymore.. I don't see at all where your coming from i'm sorry.

well yea we are strong, but my point is that our health is extremely low, every time i do pvp and i go against a life, a myth or a fire I always end up dying.

Life all they do is heal after every attack i do and after ran out of cards they hit with high damage just 2 attacks and I'm dead.

Everyone seems to have storm shields and ALL storm attacks are just one attack, there is NO Over time damage spell for storm.... like fire, ice, death and even myth have.

Only when i do 1v1 i use muted storm elf but he barley does any damage :(

Fire all they do is OVER use Power-Link over and over. Making them unbeatable in pvp.. Just like everyone complain about wild bolt I complain about fire overpower powerlink. Is really ridiculous how they can heal so fast and do a lot of damage.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Daviato wrote:

Fire is best, efleet does 1000 damage or something, and -25% and it fizzles less then storm :p
In my oppion its best to be mainly fire and secondary life, even though i'm mainly life and secondary death :P

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Daviato wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Life has no accuracy.

well yea we are strong, but my point is that our health is extremely low, every time i do pvp and i go against a life, a myth or a fire I always end up dying.

Life all they do is heal after every attack i do and after ran out of cards they hit with high damage just 2 attacks and I'm dead.

Everyone seems to have storm shields and ALL storm attacks are just one attack, there is NO Over time damage spell for storm.... like fire, ice, death and even myth have.

Fire all they do is OVER use Power-Link over and over. Making them unbeatable in pvp.. Just like everyone complain about wild bolt I complain about fire overpower powerlink. Is really ridiculous how they can heal so fast and do a lot of damage.

While I can respect that you are having problems with DoTs. I see a lot that some situations certain people just see that as harder than other people, while schools have weakness I believe real players have weaknesses. Like for example i'm not very good in a situation where the other player or other team is healing It isn't my school it is just me, I'm not good against healing situations. So i'm guessing your having the same Problem with DoTs, and more specific a big amount of them..

Remember that while you can get a storm shield easily you can get a fire shield just as easily. I believe you have a fire shield from your starting spells? Just spam them, if your playing your deck and cards right you should be able to have 7 of those and use thoses to defend mainly against a big heck hound. But the thing you have as a storm is the disarm if i'm correct or some spell that gets rid of an enemy blade, Which is what you should do don't let them charge up a DoT with blades and fields and stuff you have to be on top of that.. Well thats the advice I have.

And you know I myself had this problem, sometimes it isn't the school it is the player and I asked around for people to help me understand my problem with healing. And now I myself am trained in infection and doom gloom...

So if I was you, I would ask around the message boards how people deal with DoTs. I just gave you what I think you as storm should do. But I guarentee that are more people that have a much better solution than I do..

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
A couple of ideas for getting past storm shields- pierce or shatter treasure cards, storm prisms- cast after storm shield is cast, plus, if you use a myth wand and put a treasure card myth prism on the opponent after a storm shield is cast, you can get rid of the shield without using up your blade. these are just a couple of ideas that popped into my head, although i really don't pvp much so i'm not certain if these are practical solutions or not, but they could be tried. -gabriel darkthorn, adept diviner (and crew)

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Life has no accuracy.

While I can respect that you are having problems with DoTs. I see a lot that some situations certain people just see that as harder than other people, while schools have weakness I believe real players have weaknesses. Like for example i'm not very good in a situation where the other player or other team is healing It isn't my school it is just me, I'm not good against healing situations. So i'm guessing your having the same Problem with DoTs, and more specific a big amount of them..

Remember that while you can get a storm shield easily you can get a fire shield just as easily. I believe you have a fire shield from your starting spells? Just spam them, if your playing your deck and cards right you should be able to have 7 of those and use thoses to defend mainly against a big heck hound. But the thing you have as a storm is the disarm if i'm correct or some spell that gets rid of an enemy blade, Which is what you should do don't let them charge up a DoT with blades and fields and stuff you have to be on top of that.. Well thats the advice I have.

And you know I myself had this problem, sometimes it isn't the school it is the player and I asked around for people to help me understand my problem with healing. And now I myself am trained in infection and doom gloom...

So if I was you, I would ask around the message boards how people deal with DoTs. I just gave you what I think you as storm should do. But I guarentee that are more people that have a much better solution than I do..

Thanks for your suggestion :D

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Egammelg wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Fire is best, efleet does 1000 damage or something, and -25% and it fizzles less then storm :p
In my oppion its best to be mainly fire and secondary life, even though i'm mainly life and secondary death :P
It does 895 damage and a -90% weakness (which can be easily destroyed with a wand move,sacrifice,dark pact, cleanse,ect?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:

Life has no accuracy.

Life doesn't need accuracy.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
mman17 wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Life has no accuracy.

Life doesn't need accuracy.

Wasn't the point I was trying to make. But ok and true. Sooo yeaaa.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Daviato wrote:
lol no my point is that our low health is extremely low and compare how everyone has gotten stronger shouldn't storm get a little more health? that's my point...

Yes, the schools have gotten stronger, but the health and accuracy have stayed static for the most part.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:

Life has no accuracy.

UM, NO WAY DUDE! seriosuly, i kill storm a lot! and i am death, life can heal like nuts and forest lord is amazing, balance shields and hard to shield balance and does judge which pwns, myth does not even have to worry about shields, because the orthrus and minotaur take them out with first hit, and death has dragon so shields not a problem, storm dies easy, fire is pretty good now with efreet and all, ice has amazing and better attack and critical, so i tihn you cant say one or the other is best. It ALL depends on how you use them and the luck you get. Luck is based on who goes first, critical, critical block, fizzling, what cards you draw, what pet you get, what abilities your pet gets, your drop in battles, so it luck and skill. Nothing with what school.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Daviato wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

actually my storm health is almost as big as fire's at 2,500 hp. I feel storm is on top right now as they could hit about 2,000 to everyone with a garg temp critical on the first turn.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
Aight dude i had the same question before. Your question is actually the answer. Everytime i would pvp i would lose only if a storm was playing against me. the whole point of everything you said is to make storm not most powerful but equal to all the other schools. I am fire and i havent pvp since i got power link. The thing is is that Tempest and Storm lord with super charge could kill highly. Now that us other schools have the power ups we can beat that out and maybe even win against storm!

Really hope this helped :D

Luke DeathBlade ~ Level 60 ~
Connor RavenSword ~ Level 21 ~
Justin MythStone ~ Level 12 ~

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Oh yes, I think storm remains as the most powerful.

You have to think, most players will augment their spells with the +power cards, such as monstrous and gargantuan.

Even before I actually trained in those spells, my natural, unbuffed spells save for my blades and such, STILL hit for more damage than other players' augmented spells.

I have a pet that gives me both Pain giver and Storm giver. And because of that, I have a +97% damage boost. Thing is, that is not even the highest a Storm wizard could have!

Naturally, the base damage of Storm spells will always be higher than any other school.

With the +power cards, Storm's damage spells will still be higher than any other school.

With criticals, Storm spells will always be higher than any other school.

Leviathan - 1030. Efreet - 975 (Something like that.)
Leviathan + Gargantuan - 1255+ Efreet + Gargantuan - 1200+
Leviathan Critical - 2060+ Efreet Critical - 1950+

See, Storm will always be out on top.

** Efreet's damage was simply an estimate, since I don't remember the actual point value.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Hee hee! I'm a life and storm wizard, and even though it can be annoying to fizzle on storm spells they are so much more powerful than my life ones :D I think that all the schools have their ups and downs, but storm definately does a lot of damage.

Gazelleclaw the Dragon Queen~

Heather ShadowTalon level 28 theurgist

Defender
Apr 19, 2010

Well if you think about it, if storm had high health plus it already has high damage with the +90% damage, storm would be impossible to kill!

Well dont do low damage try to boost and kill them in one shot thats what I do with Efreet.

Myth doest have a dot spell, Minatour and Orthrus do small damage at first to remove shields but if you have 2 myth shields your not dead....

People mutate fire elf to storm elf to remove shields not do damage...

Well some fire students do use Power-link in the first round but then you have to wait 4 or 2 rounds to get the pips so then you have enough time to attack and if they shield storm you have your storm elf to remove the shields or storm snake even lightning bats.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Oh yes, I think storm remains as the most powerful.

You have to think, most players will augment their spells with the +power cards, such as monstrous and gargantuan.

Even before I actually trained in those spells, my natural, unbuffed spells save for my blades and such, STILL hit for more damage than other players' augmented spells.

I have a pet that gives me both Pain giver and Storm giver. And because of that, I have a +97% damage boost. Thing is, that is not even the highest a Storm wizard could have!

Naturally, the base damage of Storm spells will always be higher than any other school.

With the +power cards, Storm's damage spells will still be higher than any other school.

With criticals, Storm spells will always be higher than any other school.

Leviathan - 1030. Efreet - 975 (Something like that.)
Leviathan + Gargantuan - 1255+ Efreet + Gargantuan - 1200+
Leviathan Critical - 2060+ Efreet Critical - 1950+

See, Storm will always be out on top.

** Efreet's damage was simply an estimate, since I don't remember the actual point value.

i no it was an estimate but it was wrong efreet does more. my friend, antonio storm breaker, and i 1v1 and i pwned him with and efreet that did more than his levy. i had a fire blade and dark pact and critical he had elemental pain giver storm giver and storm blade. they are even when it comes to certain things and unbalanced on other things

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
When i first started as storm and leveled up a lot my friends would ask me to help because i'm the strongest out of me and my freinds now with upgrading every school my friends went to Big Ben and beat by themselves and they did it with 2 people each. And I've realized the people who get criticals are people who are very high. Plus every other school has better accuracy and HEALTH would it kill them to buff up our health a bit?