Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doom and Gloom

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Why does doom and gloom decrease heals anyway? It would be so much more useful if it could increase death attacks. I understand it's meant for pvp but I have tried it in pvp and it always back fires on me. Even when i use it with my death I am always the one who needs to heal. I would be able to do this much better if it increased my scarecrow or wraith's power.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Death already gets most of the attack increasing spells in the game, another spell really won't help. Plus, Doom and Gloom is two pips, thereby making it the most costly attack increase spell for Death Wizards. Hardly worth it to me.

Death Trap
Death Blade
Curse
Dark Pact
Feint

Additionally, Doom and Gloom only affects healing spells, not transfer health spells. So my recommendation is to not use Pixie or similar spells while Doom and Gloom is up. Use Vampire, Wraith or similar spells, as those are unaffected (hence the full heart versus broken heart icons). Your adversary is smart to change the global if Doom and Gloom is up, when/if that happens, then go back to Pixies or Satyrs if needed.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I guess it's done that way to be the opposite of life's sanctuary spell. i'm sure a number of life students would prefer sanctuary to boost life damage. the way they are now, though, i rarely use either. -keller moonblade, valerian daisytamer, and crew

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I have an idea! How about when you train it, dworgyn asks you if you want one to increase damage or decrease healing.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
While I disagree a bit with the fact that doom and gloom should be an increase death attack, Because life death's counterpart gets a bubble for heals so it is only right to give a healing deduction bubble

However I think there should be some kind of pet like life got that gives a +25% death bubble.