Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Hard Lock

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

I have recently be getting hardware locks on my 64-Bit Windows 7 when playing Wizard101, and I have sent a message to support, and I never got anything back, so I am a bit worried. They said my drivers were up-to-date and everything, and the last thing they said is they were finding the root cause, but it's been 3 days, so I am scared if I deleted it be accident, but now the real problem is, has anyone experienced this problem, that Wizard101 hardware locks on your Windows 7? If so, how did you fix the problem? :)

-Mason D. -Level 45 Necromancer-

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Justin3620 wrote:
Hello,

I have recently be getting hardware locks on my 64-Bit Windows 7 when playing Wizard101, and I have sent a message to support, and I never got anything back, so I am a bit worried. They said my drivers were up-to-date and everything, and the last thing they said is they were finding the root cause, but it's been 3 days, so I am scared if I deleted it be accident, but now the real problem is, has anyone experienced this problem, that Wizard101 hardware locks on your Windows 7? If so, how did you fix the problem? :)

First, check your trashed email and see if you may have deleted a response from W101. If not, be patient. Some problems do take them a few days to figure out.

Also, you might want to send an email to Microsoft or your computer manufacturer and let them know you are having problems with the hardware.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:
Justin3620 wrote:
Hello,

First, check your trashed email and see if you may have deleted a response from W101. If not, be patient. Some problems do take them a few days to figure out.

Also, you might want to send an email to Microsoft or your computer manufacturer and let them know you are having problems with the hardware.

Yep, your right! I received the e-mail today, and I sent them a file they needed. I hope they can fix this for me! :) Patience is key, of course, I forgot for a second! :) Thanks!

Defender
May 06, 2009
I am running win 7 64 bit and I don't have a problem with the game locking up. Of course the first comment is check your drivers which you did already. The next comment I would say is check windows itself make sure that you don't have some hardware that is going on the fritz. Check the event logs and see why is the computer locking up. Maybe your video card is going on the fritz?

IF (huge word in this case) it isn't a hardware problem or a driver issue, I would mostlikely just try deleting wizard101 and reinstall the game. Yes this is timeconsuming but it removes the posibility that one of the wizard101 files got corrupt.