Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Oh no! My dragon hoard helmet went pink.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I have a dragon hoard helmet on my balance wizard; it used to have suitable colours for her (sort of bronze) and I liked its look, so I stitched the stats from my hood of judgement onto it. All was well, until today, when I logged in after the last maintenance and my helmet was pink! Why? Is this a glitch or is it a misguided update?
I happen to deeply dislike pink (except in babies and piggles) and if the helmet had been pink from the start I would never have paid the money to have it stitched! This helmet cannot be painted.
Please please restore the original colours, or otherwise give me back my original hood of judgement and dragon hoard helmet, and my money.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
My daughter's entire dragon hoard outfit is now hot pink where it used to be bronze. On Wizard101 central's forum it is also a common complaint this morning, and it seems to be only the girls who are affected. I find it hard to believe that suddenly, simultaneously, everyone's graphic drivers are malfunctioning.

Please tell me that the girls are not going to now be forced to wear pink if they want the dragon hoard gear.

My daughter instantly wanted crowns to stitch it. She hates pink.
Is this going to be fixed?

Thank you!
Madeline Soulhaven
Legendary Pyromancer, and mother of two players

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I tried updating my drivers, but it seems they are up to date.
The helmet isn't completely pink; it has a distinct pattern and details, and looks as if it was intentional. I don't think it's a graphical problem.
Also, I have had this helmet for a while now, and it was tan before I logged in today. On another forum there are also people who say their dragon hoard gear turned pink, they say it's an update.
I had a nice tan helmet, and I'm very disappointed that it is now pink. Like I said, I would never have stitched my hood of judgement stats onto a pink helmet!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Sounds like your graphics card drivers need updating. This is just a graphical issue. If you need assistance updating your drivers, please see our Help & Support article at http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/kingsisle.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=172

Professor, mine did the same and my graphic drivers are up to date. The pink is not a weird graphic color, it is a soft pink. It is as if they were dyed. It happened to my hat and my shoes from the dragon hoard pack on my other account. Also, when I logged on to that wizard earlier today, those items had to redownload.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Administrator
Thanks all, we're looking deeper!
In the meantime, please do not waste gold trying to dye these items as it will not change their appearance.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 25, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
In the meantime, please do not waste gold trying to dye these items as it will not change their appearance.

They don't even give you an option to dye them in the dye shop anyway. which makes everyone look the same..... 500 crowns down the drain for items that I cannot even dye....

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Ack! Pink armor. We all know how I feel about the pink thing.

Good to know it's a fixable glitch. I really liked the bronzey color.

qbb

Defender
Aug 06, 2010

Hi Professor -

I had my legendary balance hood, robe and shoes stitched to the kinda tan/rust colored dragon hoard gear.

It turned pink! I didn't realize this was an issue... and since I don't really do pink and I knew I couldn't change the color, I restitched my balance gear back to the archeologist look just yesterday...

If you are able to fix this pink issue, is there anyway you can please restitch me back?

I think I have spent A LOT on the buying hoard packs (please check my account!), and then the double stitching for getting the look on my legendary gear...

Thanks!
Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death
Nora SeaStone lvl 60 storm
Ellie WinterBane lvl ?? ice in Mooshu
and currently playing Alex StormRider lvl 22 storm

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
NotSoStr8Dude wrote:

They don't even give you an option to dye them in the dye shop anyway. which makes everyone look the same..... 500 crowns down the drain for items that I cannot even dye....

I have to agree with this. I really like the armor and what I get with it. But I don't really like hot pink all that much. It's a real downer when I cannot even spend in game coins to dye it another color.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
Hello this is your investigative reporter for today, Destiny Soul Rider!

Malistair appears to be up to his old tricks again! It has been alleged that he broke into Darla Whisper Wind’s Dye Shop during the power outage caused by the last update and stole an undetermined number of dye spells.

When interviewed, Ms Whisper Wind stated that all of the bottles of pink dye had gone missing from the shelf and some had been spilled on the counter below.

Shortly after this theft, Dragon Riders all over the spiral began to notice that their outfits had been dyed pink.

In response to the inquiries and complaints on the Wizard 101 boards Professor Grey Rose suggested that it may be a video driver problem. Astute observers noticed, however, that only the female Dragon Riders Utility outfits had been vandalized. The male versions had not been touched.

A number of people became concerned that KI had given artificial intelligence to its drivers which allowed them to distinguish between the female and the male outfits. However, more sinister forces may have been at work.

Malistair has been linked to this skullduggery by an unnamed source (who will remain unnamed) who reportedly saw Malistair emerging from Crab Alley in the company of a tall blond wearing an entirely pink outfit and plastic shoes. This source swears that Malistair, while brushing off crumpet crumbs from his robe, turned to the blond and said, “I think all the female Dragon Riders should look like you, Barbie!”

Professor Grey Rose in a later post remarked that there was the need for a deeper investigation. I’ll say! Right down in Crab Alley or in someone’s lair perhaps?!

This is your Reporter for the day, Destiny Soul Rider, signing off!
Oh, and yes, sadly I too got Pinked!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
my graphics card was just updated with the drivers and my whole out fit is

PINK..... not the Dark Red that is so becoming a Dragon Rider.

Administrator
As I said, young Wizards, we are further investigating this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I know it is a glitch and KI is working on it so it is going to get fixed. But really is there a problem with it lol? I mean when it happened to me everyone else saw it as the normal colors. So really is that much of a bother o. o??

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
Skat100 wrote:

Malistair appears to be up to his old tricks again! It has been alleged that he broke into Darla Whisper Wind’s Dye Shop during the power outage caused by the last update and stole an undetermined number of dye spells.

When interviewed, Ms Whisper Wind stated that all of the bottles of pink dye had gone missing from the shelf and some had been spilled on the counter below.

Shortly after this theft, Dragon Riders all over the spiral began to notice that their outfits had been dyed pink.

In response to the inquiries and complaints on the Wizard 101 boards Professor Grey Rose suggested that it may be a video driver problem. Astute observers noticed, however, that only the female Dragon Riders Utility outfits had been vandalized. The male versions had not been touched.

A number of people became concerned that KI had given artificial intelligence to its drivers which allowed them to distinguish between the female and the male outfits. However, more sinister forces may have been at work.

Malistair has been linked to this skullduggery by an unnamed source (who will remain unnamed) who reportedly saw Malistair emerging from Crab Alley in the company of a tall blond wearing an entirely pink outfit and plastic shoes. This source swears that Malistair, while brushing off crumpet crumbs from his robe, turned to the blond and said, “I think all the female Dragon Riders should look like you, Barbie!”

Professor Grey Rose in a later post remarked that there was the need for a deeper investigation. I’ll say! Right down in Crab Alley or in someone’s lair perhaps?!

Wow, I absolutely love this! If this was the actual explanation for why my dragon armor is now pink I may have accepted it without question. I don't know about KI but this is a great story.
Thanks for the smile!

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
Skat100 wrote:

Destiny Soul Rider, reporter of the week! :D
That was a great article. Do we now have to defeat Barbie as well as Malistaire? Now that would be an interesting experience...

signed Iridian Skullslinger, Still waiting patiently to be unpinked...

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
I was about to make a topic saying "Oh no! My dragons hoard clothes went back to brown :(" lol... I want the pink colour back!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Djohdja wrote:
This is your Reporter for the day, Destiny Soul Rider, signing off! Oh, and yes, sadly I too got Pinked!

Destiny Soul Rider, reporter of the week! :D
That was a great article. Do we now have to defeat Barbie as well as Malistaire? Now that would be an interesting experience...

signed Iridian Skullslinger, Still waiting patiently to be unpinked...

LOL, I want in on that boss fight. Will Barbie be rank 12? Will she cast pink fluff balls? Or will she just beam her laser smile in the general direction of her opponents?

I'm not pretty in pink, either.

Scarlet/qbb

Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
Hello, this is your investigative reporter for today (again), Destiny Soul Rider!

It was reported that joy, laughter and dancing had broken out all along the Spiral! The pinked Dragon Rider Utility ensembles had become unpinked! It appears that the Program Wizards worked long and hard these past several days to undo the spells of pink! A great big Woot! Woo! goes out to them!

It has been suggested that Orthras be placed in front of the dye shop to guard against any further break-ins or theft. When interviewed, Ms. Whisper Wind was worried that the dog would scare away customers and recommended that he should just be deployed there during the night.

An unnamed source (who shall remain unnamed) reportedly saw Malistaire once again in the company of the blond female near Crab Alley. She got into a pink plastic car and, with a wave of a wand, the car lifted off and sped away.

Malistaire was heard to yell, “No, don’t leave! I can fix this!” but to no avail. Shaking his fist in the air, Malistaire then exclaimed, “Curses, you Program Wizards! Foiled again!” whereupon he disappeared into a fiery ball of light. Only a puff of pink smoke was left where he had been standing.

Many thanks to those intrepid Program Wizards for all their hard work in ridding the Spiral of this evil!

This is your Reporter for the day (again), Destiny Soul Rider, signing off!

Oh and yes, happily I too am Unpinked!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
It is fixed now. Thank you VERY MUCH KI!!

Madeline Soulhaven
Gabrielle Ravenspear

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
Yes! Unpinked!
I look proper again, thank you so very much. :D :-) :)

Now all I want is to battle Barbie :P

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
24hourmama wrote:
My daughter's entire dragon hoard outfit is now hot pink where it used to be bronze. On Wizard101 central's forum it is also a common complaint this morning, and it seems to be only the girls who are affected. I find it hard to believe that suddenly, simultaneously, everyone's graphic drivers are malfunctioning.

Please tell me that the girls are not going to now be forced to wear pink if they want the dragon hoard gear.

My daughter instantly wanted crowns to stitch it. She hates pink.
Is this going to be fixed?

Thank you!
Madeline Soulhaven
Legendary Pyromancer, and mother of two players
it is like that with every girl. i have a couple girl chars and when ever i got that stuff it always went pink it i ssupposed to be like that for girls