Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thank you KI for taking away our identity!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
I am very frustrated. Because, this game seems to be get a bit worse (spell-wise) every time there is an update.
I am talking about life's new spell "triage" which take away the dot effect of schools such as death, ice (partly), and ESPECIALLY fire!

For those of you who may not know, triage is a new spell, it costs ZERO pips and it can remove dot (death over time) effect of powerful spell such as fire dragon, skeletal dragon, poison, heck hound etc..

This is a BIG DEAL, because in pvp, especially for fire students, some of us based our strategy on saving pips and killing the opponent with Heck hound. I know some death students do the same thing which dragon and poison.

KI, with this spell, what you just did is just take away what make sire students FIRE! we are not as deadly as storm, who can kill you with a single blow. We rely on our spells to take away shields and do major damage over time. so you when you give life the ability to use a spell that cost them ZERO pip to remove the dot effect prepared heck hound, it makes us MAD!!

If the life happens to go first! it makes it even easier for them to remove the effect. so plzzz look into this!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
doudjy wrote:
I am very frustrated. Because, this game seems to be get a bit worse (spell-wise) every time there is an update.
I am talking about life's new spell "triage" which take away the dot effect of schools such as death, ice (partly), and ESPECIALLY fire!

For those of you who may not know, triage is a new spell, it costs ZERO pips and it can remove dot (death over time) effect of powerful spell such as fire dragon, skeletal dragon, poison, heck hound etc..

This is a BIG DEAL, because in pvp, especially for fire students, some of us based our strategy on saving pips and killing the opponent with Heck hound. I know some death students do the same thing which dragon and poison.

KI, with this spell, what you just did is just take away what make sire students FIRE! we are not as deadly as storm, who can kill you with a single blow. We rely on our spells to take away shields and do major damage over time. so you when you give life the ability to use a spell that cost them ZERO pip to remove the dot effect prepared heck hound, it makes us MAD!!

If the life happens to go first! it makes it even easier for them to remove the effect. so plzzz look into this!

true ice,fire,and death have damage overtime spells but that not all these schools have, they also have one hit attacks that can be deadly

fire has effreet that puts a minus 90% weakness on the enemy and like 900 or so damage, against a life that is hard to counter much
death has drain spells that can bypass a absorb or the enemy and death also has a global spell that lowers healing by 65%, so a life has a really hard time against a death
and finally ice has collosus and the frozen armor spell, ice can take many hit and so life isnt very good against them either because life has low attacks sometimes and ice has low attacks sometimes but ice defends crazy and life heals a lot

life just got something to block a little bit amount of spells and can easily be counter by switching to hitting them fast and hard
dont be mad its a game and every game can be defeated, ya just need to think how to use every thing ya have

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I would definitaley say it is worse for death and ice seeing as their best spells are Overtime.

I don't mind that life has triage I think it is great for life because they are healers and it helps with DoTs you just can't heal through very well.

However i'm against the fact that Triage treasure cards exsist it isn't right that other schools even remotely can use this spell I think if you use the triage spell it should be completely life only.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
However i'm against the fact that Triage treasure cards exsist it isn't right that other schools even remotely can use this spell I think if you use the triage spell it should be completely life only.

@thorvon65,

I agree with you about the Triage treasure cards. I think the spell should be Life School Only.

Iridian

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
For A Death wizard is not that difficult when you have spells like infection and doom and gloom, the solution to this spell for death wizards, if they are first is cover there big damage over time spells with a poison so that there triage wont destroy the skeletal dragon.

For a Fire Wizard, considering this new card, just don't heckhound! I see that your strategy largely depends on it by your post but they added new spells and you have to adapt to it.Maybe try using double erfeet and take of there shields with links, A good strategy that works.

Now for ice wizards the same thing goes, for what I said with Death cover your more powerful DoT spells with a weaker one like frostbite or you can just use a frostbite and then hit them with a stronger spell perhaps colosus.

As long as you play your cards right life Wizards should not be an issue

Explorer
May 25, 2009
Ya but think about this logically!

In fire school ok so we have a heck-hound as an overtime spell but fire dragon isnt as good as medusa and isnt as good as storm lord so yes its kinda even with other schools.
Just because we have a good overpower spell doesn't mean that your school might have the power later!
Anyway the spell is to balance the schools!
after all fire has the weakest lvl 58 spell.
And besides they made the spells for what they are for a reason you know!

Anyway whats with the "Thank you KI for taking away our identity!"?
they never took our identity you know.

Sarai griffen dust lvl 60 fire/death

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
If triage shouldn't have treasure cards, do you think pierce shouldn't have treasure cards, either? that's myth's thing. however, i use pierce for my balance mage all the time. i think having triage as a treasure card is fine as well, though i have yet to use one. -eli and crew

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Against ice and death it doesn't make a difference because, on my life, I have high death resistance and high enough healing power from clothes to where not even death wizards can stop me from healing. Ice has high health and they could still do frostbite and keep doing colossus to kill you as they did before. Now fire is pretty over powered with its efreet spell. It can practically eliminate your attack. If you wanna burn them to death still, you can think up a different idea. My fire friend used a skill on me that almost had him (although he had a BIG lack of defense so it didn't turn out his way) he kept stacking tons of power links on me that almost burned me down. I triaged a few of them but he had made treasure cards.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
If triage shouldn't have treasure cards, do you think pierce shouldn't have treasure cards, either? that's myth's thing. however, i use pierce for my balance mage all the time. i think having triage as a treasure card is fine as well, though i have yet to use one. -eli and crew

Well no my whole thing on the triage defene is this. It is meant so that a life wizard can still heal through DoTs they were having problems because people could Snow angel like max, and same with skeletal dragon and the life would try to heal through it and it was just insanely difficult so they made triage an amazing spell so that it could lessen the strain of healing through DoTs which seemed really fair to me I love any spell that boosts life's healing. But of course some players found out well I can take advantage of this nice spell KI gave to life. I can use it for my own needs to fight any ice, death, or fire.. If you ask me Triage alone, is the only spell that shouldn't have a treasure card. I think an amulet with triage is a could compromise so they can only use it once. But for people spamming triage treasures to take advantage of fire and ice schools and especially death it just isn't right.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

@thorvon65,

I agree with you about the Triage treasure cards. I think the spell should be Life School Only.

Iridian

Thank you xD

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
paulthunderfist wrote:
For A Death wizard is not that difficult when you have spells like infection and doom and gloom, the solution to this spell for death wizards, if they are first is cover there big damage over time spells with a poison so that there triage wont destroy the skeletal dragon.

For a Fire Wizard, considering this new card, just don't heckhound! I see that your strategy largely depends on it by your post but they added new spells and you have to adapt to it.Maybe try using double erfeet and take of there shields with links, A good strategy that works.

Now for ice wizards the same thing goes, for what I said with Death cover your more powerful DoT spells with a weaker one like frostbite or you can just use a frostbite and then hit them with a stronger spell perhaps colosus.

As long as you play your cards right life Wizards should not be an issue

what are you talking about?? telling fire wizards not to use heck hound anymore is like telling life not o heal,or ice not to use tower shields, storm not to use strong attacks. It just doesnt make sense! it's part of who we are! we kill OVER TIME (mostly), and giving a school the possibility to use a spell as cheap as triage to remove the DoT effect of a loaded and prepared hound, or dragon as a matter of fact, is just outrageous!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
doudjy wrote:

I have thought and continue to think that triage should cost at least a pip. But I don't really have a problem with it outside of being zero pips.

doudjy wrote:

Sounds like its time to change your strategy.

doudjy wrote:

Scald, heckhound, link, and power link suffer the most from triage as they are only guaranteed one hit, though link and power link will continue to heal you. However, fire elf and fire dragon will get the initial hit and at least one over time hit. That makes elf a very effective and low pip cost shield breaker, and dragon does a little over half its damage on the initial strike. Besides, you'd be surprised how much damage a gargantuan critical fire elf can do. There, of course, is still spells such as entangle, black mantle, and smoke screen, not to mention the various stuns (myth or ice treasure cards of them if you're in 1v1 PvP for zero pips).

I find your assertion that triage takes away fire's identity to be absurd. Fire still remains one of if not the most flexible and challenging schools to face in PvP simply because it has the tools for a huge variety of strategies. I see them "turn on a dime" constantly and consistently. What you are complaining about is the equivalent of posts I've seen from storm that get upset about people using storm shields. Does a storm lose his identify because someone shields? In summary, we can agree that triage should not be zero pips and in fact, I vote for two so that its more costly to other schools. However, we cannot agree that this somehow removes Fire's identity.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
etherchaos wrote:
Well no my whole thing on the triage defene is this. It is meant so that a life wizard can still heal through DoTs they were having problems because people could Snow angel like max, and same with skeletal dragon and the life would try to heal through it and it was just insanely difficult so they made triage an amazing spell so that it could lessen the strain of healing through DoTs which seemed really fair to me I love any spell that boosts life's healing. But of course some players found out well I can take advantage of this nice spell KI gave to life. I can use it for my own needs to fight any ice, death, or fire.. If you ask me Triage alone, is the only spell that shouldn't have a treasure card
I know this is a pvp issue, and i personally wouldn't care if it were made a 'No PVP' treasure card like poly draconian is, but i would really hate to see the availability of this card be removed for us who find uses for these cards in PVE (like waterworks and Wintertusk where the death enemies barrage you with Dot spells). having it be 0 pips, also, is quite handy there. -eli and crew

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I have a mid level fire that I use all the time and I really don't see a problem with triage, the only time when I could see triage becoming a problem is when my opponent goes first and I hound, next turn the he triages and the hound goes away. Most experienced fire wizards know about triage and cover up thier Hound DOT with a link or a elf or even another hound. However in most cases fire wizards use the Fire Minion which can cover your big hound for you. I think triage is a completely legitimate spell and should be allowed to be used by everyone. The worst that can happen is you only get one of the three rounds of damage which on a good hound is still 1000. I know it isn't the same as 3000 but still... All you have to do is plan your attacks, and you will be fine :D

Explorer
May 12, 2010
The only thing that I agree on, is that Triage should be a 2 pip spell!

Nothing else!

1 power pip for life or 2 pips for any other school!

Treasure cards are fine, amulets are fine!

People really do need to start thinking outside of the box, rather than complaining just because of 1 spell!

Which, mind you, is only effective if they go first, even then, you can get initial damage plus secondary damage already, also stating that they have this spell ready to use! And even if they have treasure cards, they are not all that common, to where they have a full treasure cards slots filled with them!

There are many ways and strategies fire can use to defeat an enemy and if you can't figure them out, then Fire is not for you!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
true ice,fire,and death have damage overtime spells but that not all these schools have, they also have one hit attacks that can be deadly

i fought a person with only 19 resist to all schools, my attack being 65. they had no shields, i was fully buffed and hit with skelletal dragon. know how much i did? around 300-400 per turn (this was a gargantuan buffed dragon too). my resist is 39 to all schools, they hit me with the same spell. no criticals on either of our attacks, know how much THEY did? over 700-800 with just one 35% death blade from the spirit blades their attack being only 50-55. my wraith did around 500 fully buffed, theirs did over 2000 with one blade. explain this to me.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
jkalio wrote:

i fought a person with only 19 resist to all schools, my attack being 65. they had no shields, i was fully buffed and hit with skelletal dragon. know how much i did? around 300-400 per turn (this was a gargantuan buffed dragon too). my resist is 39 to all schools, they hit me with the same spell. no criticals on either of our attacks, know how much THEY did? over 700-800 with just one 35% death blade from the spirit blades their attack being only 50-55. my wraith did around 500 fully buffed, theirs did over 2000 with one blade. explain this to me.

you had weaknesses on, possibly double stacked

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
lol. This is exactly the reason i don't pvp anymore. Too many people complaining to KI "KI i lost a pvp match cause of this change it" or "KI i don't like this spell it should not be able to be used in pvp and no treasure card versions of it" seriously? all of you need to man up (or woman up, didn't want to be inconsiderate to the ladies) and get a better strategy. If you can't do that then you shouldn't be playing pvp. Sure it's fun and sure when there's nothing else to do i understand the need to pvp to be doing something, but, all this complaining about spells has GOT TO STOP! otherwise all the GOOD spells we wizards use in pve will be rendered completely useless. Look at wild bolt now, people complained about it to KI so they did something about it for the pvp community, rendering it completely useless to a person such as myself whom up until advanced pets, used wild bolt as something as a quick kill/last ditch effort to kill. In conclusion, please don't try to ruin the game for others just because of the spell that is getting on your nerves. There's always a way around it.