Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So much Bugs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
OK, first of all I just want to say I love Wizard101. But am I the only one realizing the big amount of glitches/bugs? For example: A few days ago I was doing the Mooshu history quest. The only other history quest I had not done was the Marleybone one and I still had two books left. Anyways, I got the last book for Mooshu in Hamestu Village, and went to talk to the guy.
After getting my experience, I got a quest to talk to the dog Rilford (I forgot his name). So I go talk to him and I get the experience for Marleybone book quest which I had not even gotten the last two books. This was a beneficial glitch for me but here is an example of a bad one. Two days ago questing in Dragonspyre with my friend we both had the same exact quest in a dungeon. We went in and broke the girl out of a crystal which we both got two thousand something experience for.
And then, my quest skipped one ahead. What i mean is after talking to the girl my friend got a quest to clear the area (kill the spiders in the room) and I got a quest to kill 8 spiders. So he got two thousand experience but I got none. I am positive that i did not get a side quest because after he had the same task as me to kill eight spiders. My friend got two thousand experience and I didn't get any but i already had the next quest.
And by the way I still got Dragonspyre Master badge but I am POSITIVE that it glitched. And for me who does all side quests I was very upset. Another glitch has to do with houses. Nearly every house I go to has a tower pathway of rugs leading in to the sky. Its been like this for over a year.
There is a lot of other small/serious bugs I wont talk about because I don't want people looking to do them. Now I don't mind glitches but I really think KingsIsle could do a better job fixing there game when a glitch occurs. I'm not saying they don't fix anything, but maybe if they put a little more effort in that department? Idk, you tell me what do you think about this?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Tylerownsu wrote:
And then, my quest skipped one ahead. What i mean is after talking to the girl my friend got a quest to clear the area (kill the spiders in the room) and I got a quest to kill 8 spiders. So he got two thousand experience but I got none. I am positive that i did not get a side quest because after he had the same task as me to kill eight spiders. My friend got two thousand experience and I didn't get any but i already had the next quest.

Milaka Jewelbender does not give any side quests. You are mistaken and are accusing KI of glitches. She only gives main quests. She gives you the quest to defeat 8 spiders and you can defeat them anywhere in Crystal Grove, including the same room she is in. There is no seperate quest. Your friend had the same exact quest. The only other spider quest she gives is a collect 3 quest (from any spider). Check the information below:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Room_to_Breathe_(Dragonspyre)

Tylerownsu wrote:
Another glitch has to do with houses. Nearly every house I go to has a tower pathway of rugs leading in to the sky. Its been like this for over a year.

KI knows about this glitch and chose to let players continue to do this. Below is the official response from KI in regards to that glitch:

"This 'stacking' bug allows you to stack rugs, tables and other furniture pieces in your home to create new levels and interesting structures. This has been a long standing bug, and every time we bring up whether or not to 'fix' it, we realize that this stacking bug is a harmless bug that in fact allows our community to be very creative. We're always delighted to see just how much our players enjoy being creative and we feel that removing the functionality to stack housing items would stifle that creativity, and we obviously don't want to do that!" - Proffesor Greyrose

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/news/february2011

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
In my experience over the last two years I have not really encountered that maybe bugs\glitches so I would have to disagree with you that they are common or that KI doesn't repond quickly to them.
The examples you listed sound more like confusion on your part than a bug in the game. I have done the books quests 5 times and have not ever had any problem. Same with the quest you mentioned in Crystal grove.

Survivor
May 24, 2011
Tylerownsu wrote:
OK, first of all I just want to say I love Wizard101. But am I the only one realizing the big amount of glitches/bugs? For example: A few days ago I was doing the Mooshu history quest. The only other history quest I had not done was the Marleybone one and I still had two books left. Anyways, I got the last book for Mooshu in Hamestu Village, and went to talk to the guy.
After getting my experience, I got a quest to talk to the dog Rilford (I forgot his name). So I go talk to him and I get the experience for Marleybone book quest which I had not even gotten the last two books. This was a beneficial glitch for me but here is an example of a bad one. Two days ago questing in Dragonspyre with my friend we both had the same exact quest in a dungeon. We went in and broke the girl out of a crystal which we both got two thousand something experience for.
And by the way I still got Dragonspyre Master badge but I am POSITIVE that it glitched. And for me who does all side quests I was very upset. Another glitch has to do with houses. Nearly every house I go to has a tower pathway of rugs leading in to the sky. Its been like this for over a year.
There is a lot of other small/serious bugs I wont talk about because I don't want people looking to do them. Now I don't mind glitches but I really think KingsIsle could do a better job fixing there game when a glitch occurs. I'm not saying they don't fix anything, but maybe if they put a little more effort in that department? Idk, you tell me what do you think about this?

the Mooshu one was the other way around for me! i got the last Marleybone book and with no Mooshu ones found, I "finised the quest" and now i cant read them! i am dissapointed. i like dragon stuff.