Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new generation has arisen.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Hello, I'm Jack Wild.

If you were to go out onto the streets of wizard city and ask people opinion on Player VS Player, usually your answer would come in a negative way. I've came here, because this bad reputation all us duelists have, needs to end and it needs to end now.

I will go through all the existing "issues" that I hear people whining and crying about as the player VS player we know today. Most problems however come through 4v4.

1st order of business, Let's start with ice. Everybody is hyped up about ice. They have 4,000+ health and around 39% Resist to all schools of the arts, due to the new waterworks gear. Bottom line - Ice is to powerful. What? You say they are to powerful. You whine that they are to powerful. You cuss because you think they are to powerful. Do you really expect Kingsisle to fix whatever your complaints are, due to how lazy you are? People, and I cannot stress this enough, there are ways to fix these problems on your own. Do something about it why don't you. Figure out a strategy. Make the perfect pet with Spritely, spell-proof, spell-defying and ice-proof. That pet alone will give you 23-25% to resist to ice alone. Plus the new waterworks gear. Plague them. Earthquake their blades off. Take smokescreen treasures to your advantage. Nothing you can do in the arena is cheating. I don't care what your opinion is, you cannot cheat. Dispel them. Weakness them. Shield from ice. Hit them.

You all complain about ice blade stacking correct? I've seen it go on, even from my own triple ice life team. People yell, people cuss, and no people don't like it. Well here's a news flash, your just gonna have to deal with it until you find a way yourself to fix it instead of waiting on Kingsisle to do all the hard work for you. So I say to you - ice isn't powerful, you make them powerful. Their accuracy isn't the best, use smokescreen they will most likely fizzle. There are ways. No complaints.

2nd order of business. Storms famous and wel known tempest teams. KI! Take away gargantuan from tempest just cause were to lazy to find a way to counteract is ourselfs. Oh give me a break. There are ways to beat tempest teams. The best way is to look towards your pets. Make them enormously resistful. Make them have spell-proof, spell-defy and storm-proof. Tempest can't kill you, unless your doing the temp team yourself against ANOTHER temp teams. It's even easier if you go first against them, Smokescreen right away, Be prepared for anything fellow duelists. You never know what's coming.

3rd order of business. Sportsmanship. The amount of bickering that goes on in the arena is unbearable. It makes absolutely no sense to lash out at someone because you got unlucky. Saying that you would of won going first means nothing. Nothing at all. Saying, I can own you in 1v1 means absolutely nothing at all. There is absolutely no need to lash out at anyone. Even if you lose in the first 2 rounds. Better luck next time, or just don't pvp when you see a temp team or ice teM in the lines for a match, your the one who mde the decision to go into a match, your gonna be the one who is gonna have to deal with whatever cosequences you get, good or bad.

Some of you may be thinking, what if some people don't want to put in the time to make these unbearably awesome pets? Then, it's your own fault if you lose, you have no right to complain unless you have done everything you possibly could of done to stop what you don't like.

I personally have my own triple ice one life team. I have got all 4 of my accounts packed with the best gear possible. All 4 guys have the famous Hammer of Stone Skies. All 3 ices have both the life amulet, and crafted rebirth treasures in case of need. All 4 characters have the stellar signets and cosmic kris's. All 4 characters have a cloned copy of a frontier dragon with Spritely, Spell-Proof, Spell-defy and Storm-Proof. Do you think a little simple tempest team is gonna beat me? In your dreams. The only reason they won't beat me is because I actually did something about it. The team with the better gear will always have the advantage.

So if your sick and tired of losing. Do something about it. Don't go whining to KI to do the hard work for you.

Happy Dueling ;D

- Jack Wild

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Everyone knows about these strategies a lot of complainers aren't just complaining because they lost. If you look at any post about people that are upset that one school is overpowered you will find every post the same. Well you can tower shield, or you can weakness, or you can use spam smokescreen. I think its safe to assume that everyone understands the full grasp of how the game works and it isn't that hard to figure out. I think the idea is it just gets so bland and repetitive i want a challenge. I want to fight a storm who doesn't just think that blading and spamming tempest is effective, the complainers aren't the lazy ones if you ask me. The lazy ones are the ones that defend these new OP ways, they don't want to have to think the game through, they want to be able to spam gargantuan and tempest and not even blade sometimes when i see a storm blade it is refreshing because it doesn't usually happen lol.

The new generation should be making this game more complex and you know more challenging I feel that if people want to win a PvP match they should have to think out and strategize and figure out how they are going to win rather than just rely on a critical or insane damage boost from gear. That is why I play the schools that are more challenging.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
skier339 wrote:
Hello, I'm Jack Wild.

If you were to go out onto the streets of wizard city and ask people opinion on Player VS Player, usually your answer would come in a negative way. I've came here, because this bad reputation all us duelists have, needs to end and it needs to end now.

I will go through all the existing "issues" that I hear people whining and crying about as the player VS player we know today. Most problems however come through 4v4.

1st order of business, Let's start with ice. Everybody is hyped up about ice. They have 4,000+ health and around 39% Resist to all schools of the arts, due to the new waterworks gear. Bottom line - Ice is to powerful. What? You say they are to powerful. You whine that they are to powerful. You cuss because you think they are to powerful. Do you really expect Kingsisle to fix whatever your complaints are, due to how lazy you are? People, and I cannot stress this enough, there are ways to fix these problems on your own. Do something about it why don't you. Figure out a strategy. Make the perfect pet with Spritely, spell-proof, spell-defying and ice-proof. That pet alone will give you 23-25% to resist to ice alone. Plus the new waterworks gear. Plague them. Earthquake their blades off. Take smokescreen treasures to your advantage. Nothing you can do in the arena is cheating. I don't care what your opinion is, you cannot cheat. Dispel them. Weakness them. Shield from ice. Hit them.

You all complain about ice blade stacking correct? I've seen it go on, even from my own triple ice life team. People yell, people cuss, and no people don't like it. Well here's a news flash, your just gonna have to deal with it until you find a way yourself to fix it instead of waiting on Kingsisle to do all the hard work for you. So I say to you - ice isn't powerful, you make them powerful. Their accuracy isn't the best, use smokescreen they will most likely fizzle. There are ways. No complaints.

2nd order of business. Storms famous and wel known tempest teams. KI! Take away gargantuan from tempest just cause were to lazy to find a way to counteract is ourselfs. Oh give me a break. There are ways to beat tempest teams. The best way is to look towards your pets. Make them enormously resistful. Make them have spell-proof, spell-defy and storm-proof. Tempest can't kill you, unless your doing the temp team yourself against ANOTHER temp teams. It's even easier if you go first against them, Smokescreen right away, Be prepared for anything fellow duelists. You never know what's coming.

3rd order of business. Sportsmanship. The amount of bickering that goes on in the arena is unbearable. It makes absolutely no sense to lash out at someone because you got unlucky. Saying that you would of won going first means nothing. Nothing at all. Saying, I can own you in 1v1 means absolutely nothing at all. There is absolutely no need to lash out at anyone. Even if you lose in the first 2 rounds. Better luck next time, or just don't pvp when you see a temp team or ice teM in the lines for a match, your the one who mde the decision to go into a match, your gonna be the one who is gonna have to deal with whatever cosequences you get, good or bad.

Some of you may be thinking, what if some people don't want to put in the time to make these unbearably awesome pets? Then, it's your own fault if you lose, you have no right to complain unless you have done everything you possibly could of done to stop what you don't like.

I personally have my own triple ice one life team. I have got all 4 of my accounts packed with the best gear possible. All 4 guys have the famous Hammer of Stone Skies. All 3 ices have both the life amulet, and crafted rebirth treasures in case of need. All 4 characters have the stellar signets and cosmic kris's. All 4 characters have a cloned copy of a frontier dragon with Spritely, Spell-Proof, Spell-defy and Storm-Proof. Do you think a little simple tempest team is gonna beat me? In your dreams. The only reason they won't beat me is because I actually did something about it. The team with the better gear will always have the advantage.

So if your sick and tired of losing. Do something about it. Don't go whining to KI to do the hard work for you.

Happy Dueling ;D

- Jack Wild
but pets are so unfair.... Lol

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Finally some common sense on these forums! Thank you Jack, I hope this will definatly resolve some issues. If not then the ones that continue to complain are just immature in all senses.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I agree Jack. People need to stop complaing and go out do the work to farm for better gear, train better pets, buy some treasure cards, or what ever it takes to make themselves better, instead of just complaining.
When I did pvp on my life wizard, I would always get killed by a judge. So I made a balance wizard, that is now level 60, and geared all up. I don't win all the time, but do allot better since I have learned and evolved :)

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
Defender
May 24, 2009
for once someone has constructed a reasonable post backed up by explinations and you even posted a way around common pvp whine generaters. I am a legend myth 70 damage 25 universal resist 170 critical and 75 critical block in my gear i have found a way around most strategies and my pet frog brings me up to 19 accuracy for myth and 6 additional strength included in the 70.

THE new generation you are regarding is one with futile effort to work around startegies in pvp who ever invented the use storm blade than low lvl spell for storm is smart and that dominates 1v1 because it hits 2,000 damage each hit for not very many pips.

i believe skier 339 is going to save the message boards.

joseph wyrmbane level 60 conjurer

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
skier339 wrote:

WOW! 4 Accounts. KI likes people like you, but I think you have WAAAAY too much time on your hands and take this pvp thing tooo seriously. Not to mention a social issue, if you wont pvp with anyone but yourself.

I do agree with what you are saying though. If what you are doing does not seem to be working, then adapt and try something else. That is what the practice arena is for; trying new strategies.

I personally got tired of every ones pet healing them, so I hatched until I received a pet that heals me. Still don't think its fair, but at least I have a fighting chance.

Unlike the new problem of legend/novice teams knocking down the ones that just want to have a fun even match. Gm's and Legends need to have their own arena and stop ruining the fun by so-called helping a friend rank up. It's not fair for those that cant block high damage spells/criticals. (but that is separate topic all together.)

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
alexmf2 wrote:
this entire post sounds like a big whine...

Yea I have no idea on how you got that explanation in your head.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009

</div>
</blockquote>

WOW! 4 Accounts. KI likes people like you, but I think you have WAAAAY too much time on your hands and take this pvp thing tooo seriously. Not to mention a social issue, if you wont pvp with anyone but yourself.

Lol. I see your point on this one. Most people don't know however what having 4 accounts is really like. For say I do not have much time on my hands. It's that I've been patient considering I have played this game for more then 2 years.

It's not any different then having 4 characters on 1 account, spread to 4. It's actually takes less time leveling 4 characters at once, then leveling 1 character alone.

So don't take me as a Noob who doesn't have anything else to d because that is not the case. I will admit there are some weekends where I have nothing to do and I go through Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone and Mooshu in 1 weekend, but that doesn't happen often. We all have those kinds of weekends.

Thanks for the other Posts guys :-)

- Jack Wild