Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Split Hoof Ragers...Rank 4 Elite MYTH???

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I had a quest to defeat some Split Hoof Ragers in the Boar Camp. Twice, not once but TWICE I caught one using CYCLOPS!!! Ragers are realitively high rank ELITE STORM enemies, yet they used Cyclops! A MYTH spell! Plus that's what killed one of the dudes helping me! Grr...

Can anyone please give me a good explanation for this?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
It seems to be a recent change. I've found some storm enemies using myth as well. And it's not just storm. Life guys are now casting Death spells, etc. I personally don't like the change at all. You have no idea what shields to put up.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
This is really not anything new. Up until Celestia and Wintertusk, the enemies always cast out of school spells.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
It is very annoying. I put up all six shields, and though I have a 57% Balance resistance. I'm usually fine. I was fighting in the Nastrond yesterday, and then this freako Skeleton dude uses a Balance spell on me. It does 970, killing me. My friend is killed when a level five ported to him, thus bringing in another enemy. KI, can you please help us?

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I always find it weird when enemies have a high rank spell of the opposite school.

Explorer
May 21, 2011
Opposite schools:

storm-myth

ice-fire

life-death

balance has no opposite

i am lvl 31 and i have evry shield cept balance. r there any lvl 60 balances out there that have balance shield? LET ME KNOW lol

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Ohnoswords wrote:
Opposite schools:

storm-myth

ice-fire

life-death

balance has no opposite

i am lvl 31 and i have evry shield cept balance. r there any lvl 60 balances out there that have balance shield? LET ME KNOW lol

There is no shield for balance. Just Tower Shield and some life shield spell.

But yes, this does get annoying. You're expecting a storm attack... But surpise! Myth. It doesn't make any since. But Split Hoof Rangers are easy... but I should say it from a different view.

Blake - lvl 60 balance
Wolf - lvl 60 death

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ohnoswords wrote:
Opposite schools:

storm-myth

ice-fire

life-death

balance has no opposite

There is no balance shield. The only thing that works against balance is the tower shield which you can train in the school of ICE or buy as a treasure card in the bazaar.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Um wow I don't know where you vs these people but don't complain cause in DragonSpyre It's all level 42-48 spells and don't get me started on celestia

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Most common out of school spells ( Kt, Gh, Mb, Ms, Ds )
Weakness
Heckhound
Cyclops

It only seems that CL and WC are the only places that don't cast out of school spells that much.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Every creature know at least on spell out of it's main cshool of focous.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
eggywig wrote:
I had a quest to defeat some Split Hoof Ragers in the Boar Camp. Twice, not once but TWICE I caught one using CYCLOPS!!! Ragers are realitively high rank ELITE STORM enemies, yet they used Cyclops! A MYTH spell! Plus that's what killed one of the dudes helping me! Grr...

Can anyone please give me a good explanation for this?

Ok, first of all, it doesnt matter what school the ragers are. they can still use myth, probably because lots of somewhat higher ranks can use their school and their opposite school, making them more powerful in some way. Second, you asked for help, and i have some experience in needing help when something kills you after fighting it for, like, half a minute. Ok, heres my advise. Hit escape on your key board. On the top right of the spell book is a button that says when you go over it, 'realms'. Click on this and go through pages of realms until you find a realm that is crowded, which usually has at least one person battling something in the area. If your computer is old and very slow, i reccomend using a 'normal' realm. Or, if you find yourself lucky, invite a friend to help you. I hope this helped you, eggywig.
Rachel Ghostcatcher, level 58 conjurer