Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Minions Please!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Everyone adores minions but it is just not fair that myth gets so many. When people find out myth has so many minions that start their accounts over and try to be myth. It would be okay if the other schools could have something special but none of them do. I am in the Ice class but there us nothing special about ice, we dont even have high attacks. So can't you give other schools cool things or let the other schools have more minions.
If you want ideas for special things,

Ice- a card call "Freeze Me" which turn your opponent into a block of ice for three turns or can call the ice god/giant to come and blast each of your opponents three turns straight with icy lightning.
If I think of more ideas for cards and minions, I will post them.

Administrator
Each school has a purpose.

Fire has mid range health, low accuracy and high damage.
Ice has the highest health, mid range accuracy and low damage.
Storm has the lowest health, the lowest accuracy and the highest damage.
Life has high health, the highest accuracy and the lowest damage.
Death has low health, high accuracy and low damage.
Myth has mid range health, mid range accuracy and mid range damage.
Balance has mid range health, high accuracy and mid range damage.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Timetwister95 wrote:
It would be okay if the other schools could have something special but none of them do. I am in the Ice class but there us nothing special about ice, we dont even have high attacks. So can't you give other schools cool things or let the other schools have more minions.

Every class has at least one thing that is special about it. In the case of ice, it's not hard to come up with several things.

1. Ice class gear typically gives damage reduction against all damage types, not just ice damage. This is really a huge advantage until you get crown gear.

2. Ice has the highest base class health. At level 50, you get a full 225 health more than the next highest classes, before adding in gear.

3. Ice gets the most health from class gear. This is most obvious on rings and daggers, which are easy to compare in a shop. Everyone would buy the ice one if they could, except that it's restricted to the ice class only. It's also true of hats, robes, and boots, even from boss drops, though here the comparison is less straightforward.

4. Ice gets arguably the best shields, though there's a case to be made for balance here. Every class except balance gets a shield that defends -70% against two schools of magic at level 8. The shields that ice gets defend against fire and storm, the two highest damage classes. Ice also gets tower shield, which is -50% against everything.

Those can be purchased by other classes for training points, too, I suppose. But ice gets them for free, which means 5 more training points to spend on other things, without having to use them up to get down to tower shield.

Myth gets the best minions, and doesn't really have any other obvious advantages. You can't reasonably expect to have all the advantages that you have as ice, and also get as good of minions as myth, too.