Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeletal Dragon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Wizard101, I want to report that,being a necromancer, skeletal dragon is a very weak spell in comparison to other level 58 spells. Skeletal dragon does just 1000 damge in comparison to snow angel as it does 600 damge per turn.
Efreet does 895 damge but also reduce enemies damage by -90%.
Snow angel also attacks per turn and also taunts the enemies.
Medusa stuns the enemies for 2 rounds also.
Leviathon also does high damge and removes 2 positive blades.
And Forest Lord And Ra they attack everybody, right?
Well, there are lots of advantages in other spells so who not in skeletal dragon?

Suggestions: Make Skeletal Dragon attack everybody so all oth them are damaged or just make skeletal dragon a draining spell also.
Thank you a lot for reading this post and I hope you make all the schools equal in their power.
Thank you,
Robert Deathtamer
Level 45 necromancer.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Skeletal Dragon is FINE as it is. You guys get your All Hit spell 10 levels before Life gets THEIR All Hit spell. Skeletal Dragon's damage is designed for one enemy, and does 200 initially then does 270 a ROUND without boosts or resists. That's 1010 damage from a DEATH Spell.

Snow Angel does 100 + 220 a Round to all, and draws attention to the Ice wizard who cast it. Base total: 760 an enemy

Forest Lord does 540-620 all damage where as Centaur does 515-595 to one.

Medusa only does 775 Damage and then stuns (unless its a boss) for 2 rounds.

Leviathan does 1030 damage to ONE enemy and destroys 2 blades (unless the enemy dies).

Efreet does 895 damage to ONE enemy and puts up a super (cleanseable) weakness.

Ra does 560-640 to all.

So let's put that all together when facing a lone enemy:
Life: 540-620
Balance: 560-640
Ice: 760
Myth: 775
Fire: 895
Death: 1,010
Storm: 1,030

Just from the total base damage, you're looking at the second strongest card against a single target. Now lets look at the Damage boost from the Waterworks (L60) Gear:
Ice: 34%
Myth: 47%
Fire: 48%
Balance: 53%
Life: 53%
Death: 56%
Storm: 67%

Huh... go figure, you guys have the second best Damage boost too!

So 1,010 + 56% = 1,575.6 before blades. Now you guys get 3 blades: Dark pact (30%), Spirit Blade (35%) and Death Blade (40%).
1,575.6 + 30% = 2,048.28
2,048.28 + 35% = 2,765.178
2,765.178 + 40% = 3,871.2492

So yeah, with just your gear and your blades you are doing 3,871 damage in the course of the 3 rounds (going first, 4 rounds going second). So please, don't whine about it not being an all hit spell. At least your Ominious Scarecrow card didn't get a major accuracy debuff.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Johnist wrote:
Skeletal Dragon is FINE as it is. You guys get your All Hit spell 10 levels before Life gets THEIR All Hit spell. Skeletal Dragon's damage is designed for one enemy, and does 200 initially then does 270 a ROUND without boosts or resists. That's 1010 damage from a DEATH Spell.

Snow Angel does 100 + 220 a Round to all, and draws attention to the Ice wizard who cast it. Base total: 760 an enemy

Leviathan does 1030 damage to ONE enemy and destroys 2 blades (unless the enemy dies).

Ra does 560-640 to all.

Just from the total base damage, you're looking at the second strongest card against a single target. Now lets look at the Damage boost from the Waterworks (L60) Gear:

So 1,010 + 56% = 1,575.6 before blades. Now you guys get 3 blades: Dark pact (30%), Spirit Blade (35%) and Death Blade (40%).
1,575.6 + 30% = 2,048.28

So yeah, with just your gear and your blades you are doing 3,871 damage in the course of the 3 rounds (going first, 4 rounds going second). So please, don't whine about it not being an all hit spell. At least your Ominious Scarecrow card didn't get a major accuracy debuff.

Then if you add Curse and Feint, you'd get another +90%, then if you used the Bear's Claw of Death and the level 56+ Death Only ring, you'd get 14% more damage of death.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Wizard101,this is the same necromancer who wrote the complaint of skeletal dragon. I would like to report two more complaints so please don't block or ban my account. You don't know how hard i tried to get to dragonspyre.
OK you made me understand a little bit but what i meant was like some special advantages.
Like for example,
Aside from Ra and Forest Lord,
Leviathon destroys two positive blades.
Efreet puts up a super weakness.
Snow Angel taunts the enemy.
Medusa stuns the enemy.
We need some special advantages, OK?
And another thing,that the percentages i calculated were way too different than yours.If you think i am wrong please do the calculations here.
This is the first complaint.
The second complaint is that people on youtube and other websites make fun on how it looks.Here one: somebody said its head looks like a cow.
To me it looks like a cow head too and what about the wings? Skeletal dragons don't have lightning wings.
So please change on how the skeletal dragons look.
Thank you for reading my post.
I hope you agree with me
And make all schools equal in power.
Lvl 45 Necromancer,
Robert Deathtamer

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Well now, the power cannot be equal. Death and balance are the most accurate schools so they have to do less damage than the other schools. Now it is good if the schools have a balance of power. One may hit harder while another has added effects. Skeletal dragon is a damage over time spell, you really should not compare it to spells that do their damage all at once.

Well you are going second, and select efreet to cast. They throw up a fire shield. Your spell just lost 80% of its damage. Now still going second; pick a skeletal dragon. They throw a death shield up 80%. You just lost 80% of the initial hit, the damage over time is unaffected by that shield. The only way they can reduce the damage over time is to put up shields each turn for the next three turns. If they are doing that, then they aren't hitting you.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
the funny thing is it all just a game and anyone who gets upset about how something looks needs to take a few pictures of it at different angles.
then cut out those angles and print them.

now try drawing them....

i think you will gain an insight of how this bone dragon works.
i am a fire wizard and that is what i did.

as a kids game you do not want really scary things in it. and the people who make fun are not in to this game,

they want those very dark and deadly game where you loose your character you have to start all over again.

me... i enjoy the creativity of the KI staff in the art work in this game
i an i like the fact i do not die.

please do not let what other people think bother you so much
and just enjoy the game .

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
Johnist wrote:

Ra does 560-640 to all.

1,575.6 + 30% = 2,048.28

wow

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
kwikkar wrote:
Johnist wrote:

Ra does 560-640 to all.

1,575.6 + 30% = 2,048.28

wow

lol i agree

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
if you are a level 45 Necromancer, how do you even know that it is a weak spell, i thought it was the best...
Taha1 wrote:
Wizard101, I want to report that,being a necromancer, skeletal dragon is a very weak spell in comparison to other level 58 spells. Skeletal dragon does just 1000 damge in comparison to snow angel as it does 600 damge per turn.
Efreet does 895 damge but also reduce enemies damage by -90%.
Snow angel also attacks per turn and also taunts the enemies.
Medusa stuns the enemies for 2 rounds also.
Leviathon also does high damge and removes 2 positive blades.
And Forest Lord And Ra they attack everybody, right?
Well, there are lots of advantages in other spells so who not in skeletal dragon?

Suggestions: Make Skeletal Dragon attack everybody so all oth them are damaged or just make skeletal dragon a draining spell also.
Thank you a lot for reading this post and I hope you make all the schools equal in their power.
Thank you,
Robert Deathtamer
Level 45 necromancer.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Johnist wrote:

Ra does 560-640 to all.

1,575.6 + 30% = 2,048.28

You forgot to add in resist.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
besides the death school symbol is a stylized human skull, a death's head. You may notice that the skeletal dragons skull has a very human like skull, the jaw is a bit longer, with a couple of horns tacked on.
I would prefer the head to match the one on the mount from the dragon horde packs. I also know that they won't change it. They paid someone to make that animation.
Just think of it as a death's head dragon. It sounds cool and it is more accurate.

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
Let me get this straight, you are level 45? and you are complaining about a spell that you don't get for another 13 levels? Let me tell you that i have lost several duels because the necromancer cast skeletal dragon. Do not complain about the spell until you actualy learn it, okay? Actually, Efreet is the low end of the scale, unless it is against only one enemy. I mean, I could do more damage than leviathan with a heckhound for the same amount of pips. Against multiple opponents, efreet sucks. And isn't fire always second strongest in damage? i mean, just look at all of our damage spells, except for fire dragon and efreet, we are always playing second fiddle to storm. in efreet, we are way worse, in fire dragon, we are much better, about 101 better.
You can use dark pact, death blade, spiritual blade,feint, curse, death trap, spiritual trap, and the treasure cards of these added on top. There you are already at least doing a total of 15,000 (I may not have gotten the effects of the darkpact treasure card incorrect (give me a break my sister hid my laptop so i haven't been able to play for a while (which stinks because all of my friends are on vacation and it is cloudy and i have no books to read and nothing to watch and nobody will play any board games with me)), but the point still stands) So do not complain about having a weak spell!

Rogan Dragonflame, the Dragonhound, author of the destined ones. "The heat of the sun keeps us alive, but the heat of the flame, can bring us great pain".

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
It is still powerful with blades traps and everything else. but if there is a resist i suggest puting converts on first and if there are shields the damage over time will take those out so you can use other strong spells like scarecrow

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
TheDarkestMask wrote:
You forgot to add in resist.

If you're going against something that resists death, you wouldn't USE Skeletal Dragon, unless its in PVP, and then Poison is the better choice due to the lower pip cost to destroy shields. Of course, if you are going first in PVP against a life wizard, you'd want to use Skeleton Dragon and then follow it with Poison so they cannot use Triage to destroy the Skeleton Dragon DoT. All my math was based off default amounts on enemies that do not boost or resist. and yes, I left off the Level 56 Bear's Claw of Death and Black Spinel of Battle because I did not have their stats recorded fully.

From base damage, it is the second most damaging spell for Level 58 against 1 enemy. There is no need for a secondary effect, and to give it a secondary effect would make it broken. They could have just made it a weaker and skeletal duplicate of Fire Dragon, much like Ice Giant is a weaker duplicate of Storm Lord. They tried to make all the Level 58 spells unique and they succeeded. I have made my case, and I stand by my mathematics.

Also, from the view of a player who initially was a Pyromancer: Damage over Time is NOT a tactic to use against your own school bosses. for those bosses you want to run an opposite wand (Death doesn't need to worry about this, as death enemies do NOT use Life Shield), and use Converts and Single Hit spells.