Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

millionth wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Hi, I notice that the millionth wizard is named fiona ashblood and I wonder if there are more than one. My daughter also that name. Did the millionth wizard get anything special?? (crowns, treasure cards?)

Administrator
Wizard names are not unique, so yes there are several Fiona Ashbloods before and after the millionth. :)
You can read all about our Millionth player by clicking here

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
I haven't counted for female characters, but for male, it's slightly over one million name combinations. From the announcement, I'm not sure if they meant one million characters created or one million accounts; if the latter, it's unclear why the millionth corresponds to a particular in-game name.

If there are one million male character names, that means that an average one is had by one character. If all character names were equally likely to be chosen, then the number of characters with a given name would be essentially a Poisson distribution. But this isn't the case, of course. Ask Luke SkyWalker about that.

Administrator
We displayed the name of the first Wizard that the millionth registered player created. Hope that helps.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008

I noticed that the Storm Beetle offered by Zeke is refered to as "Limited Time". How Limited are we talking here? I want to get one; but I'm literally shy just a couple of Crowns, and can't get any more until later this month....

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
mumtoakl wrote:
Hi, I notice that the millionth wizard is named fiona ashblood and I wonder if there are more than one. My daughter also that name. Did the millionth wizard get anything special?? (crowns, treasure cards?)

Here's an Idea to help them stand out in the crowd : A special Title they can wear, like "Millionth Student" or something like that.

I know that another MMORP I use to play gave the Players from its original Closed Beta period something just like that.

Administrator
Defender
Oct 14, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
We will warn you WELL in advance when we decide to change out the storm beetle.

So that explains it, I didn't want to spend my crowns because i didn't like any of the pets so I didn't by any.... I just wanted to save up crowns, and now I have none! I guess I didn't look at the "limited" sign.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
We will warn you WELL in advance when we decide to change out the storm beetle.

:)
Thank you, Professor; I was kinda worried, since it looked like a cool pet.

BTW, love the Free Blue Cyclops Pet Quest that Zeke is giving out after Penny's series of Quest. I wasn't sure if that was only a Limited Time Quest; so I went ahead, and did it with all of my Wizards ...

If it wasn't Limited, .... well, I still think its a cool Pet ...
:)

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
I haven't counted for female characters, but for male, it's slightly over one million name combinations. From the announcement, I'm not sure if they meant one million characters created or one million accounts; if the latter, it's unclear why the millionth corresponds to a particular in-game name.

If there are one million male character names, that means that an average one is had by one character. If all character names were equally likely to be chosen, then the number of characters with a given name would be essentially a Poisson distribution. But this isn't the case, of course. Ask Luke SkyWalker about that.

Also ask Taylor Swift. XD

Explorer
May 10, 2009
I saw one of the seven Fiona Ashblood students. I saw one in the pyramid of the sun, in Krokotopia. I was lucky.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
mumtoakl wrote:
I dont think that they would give anything away just 4 the millionthd person but u never now mabe u got luckey

Defender
May 06, 2009
Rye1211Wells wrote:
mumtoakl wrote:
I dont think that they would give anything away just 4 the millionthd person but u never now mabe u got luckey

The person I talked to in game said that they were the real one (really I don't know and didn't really care) and said that they got a bunch of gold. /shrug maybe it's true maybe it isn't dunno.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
When is that announcement going to be changed anyway? We now have over 2 million students.

As for names... yeah, my first wizard was "Luke SkyWalker". I didn't give it much thought. I was just so surprised that that was a combination I could use that I went with it. However, I only ran across a couple others during my quests. But I ran into endless people who thought they were ever so original and clever by standing outside my battles saying "I am your father" over and over.

Now that I am mainly using a different wizard, I am seeing a lot moure Luke Skywalkers though.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Resetti123 wrote:
Quizzical wrote:

Also ask Taylor Swift. XD

While your at it, why don't you speak to Jack Frost about that?