Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragon's Crown

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2008
Has anyone entered the Dragon's Crown to defeat Malistaire? Everytime I play it the door is locked. I have played theis level a dozen or so times and still cannot get in. I have tried two ways; 1. I have snuck past all bosses and minnions to the door and it remains locked. 2. I have defeated every boss and minion in the Spyre, Dragons' Roost, Howling Cave, and Dragon's Maw and the door is still locked. The quest simply says to defeat Malistaire but I do not know what I am suppose to do. There are a couple of crystal stands around the Roost that I activate but go out shortly later. I have even tried to activate them all to open the door but they go out before you can run across the elevator platform. Can any Professor or student throw me a hint as to what I'm doing wrong?
Thank you for any assistance.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Each crystal has to be turned on at the same time. To do this you need 3 people. Put one person standing near each crystal. When i did this i explained to them what we needed to do and that on my mark when i whispered "go" to them, that they need to turn on the crystal as fast as they can. After you completed that and the door opens, after you go through the dorr there are going to be 2 dragons at each side of the wall. You need to kill them at the same time to open the next door leading to Malistair. 8) Good Luck

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
you need to three other people to come for this part of the instanced level. each person (including you) has to activate one of the crystals. they all have to be activated at the same time and then the door will open. hope this helps :-)

William Dragonflame lv. 43 conjurer

Survivor
Jul 13, 2008
Survivor
Sep 17, 2008
Hold on if you need 3 people total to get past that and you need the crystals put in at same time, but what if you dont have text chat how can you signal that you put in ctystals on the count of 3? can some1 please tell me. thanks

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
wizardmaster1107 wrote:
Hold on if you need 3 people total to get past that and you need the crystals put in at same time, but what if you dont have text chat how can you signal that you put in ctystals on the count of 3? can some1 please tell me. thanks

Oh, i'm not sure if that will help if you dont have text chat ? My best advise it to just let him whipser to you, so you can known when to turn it on. :?

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
They should have instructions stating that you need three people to complete this quest. I tried a dozen times with no luck. Thanks for the tip.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Aw... I was trying to figure out for more than a week already how to get past the door. I knew it had something to do with the crystal stands.

I even killed all the monsters in the areas leading up to the door. Yeah, even the one who respawns his two minion buddies, thinking it would enable the crystals to stay put long enough to let me in. All this time, I needed three other companions.

You see, I've been playing solo all this time. It's not easy for me to find other players in my time zone. Daytime here is late at night US Central time. When I play at night here, it's early morning there.

Guess I'll just wake up extra early in the morning here so it'll be afternoon where you guys are this weekend. The servers will be more crowded and I'll have a chance to find companions to finish this quest.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
After doing Malistaire many times, someone suggested an easy way to sync the crystals.

All you have to do is each of you hit it again and again until one of you get the message that the door is open.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
lupin i play late at night and would love to do it with you i am east coast adult that plays after work for the tough instances and at work for easy ones look for me seirra pearlridder grand master of balance i would be happy to add another late night friend
(quote)
lupin i play late at night and would love to do it with you i am east coast adult that plays after work for the tough instances and at work for easy ones look for me seirra pearlridder grand master of balance
:D :P 8)