Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do you get for beating Kensington Park?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 09, 2008
I am level 46 and can't beat Kensington Park. So, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what I can get from it. So I will know if it's worth doing. :-) :-) :-D :-P

P.S. Go Ice

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
You get to say that you beat Kensington. That by itself makes it worth doing.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
A badge. It's not worth it. Took me five hours... twice... and didn't get ANYTHING good either time.

Defender
Dec 09, 2008
Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
anyone else can wage in on this so i know whether to do it?

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
Midsummer wrote:
A badge. It's not worth it. Took me five hours... twice... and didn't get ANYTHING good either time.
what badge?

Defender
Dec 09, 2008
drago529 wrote:
Midsummer wrote:
what badge?
Machine Master

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
I have done Kensington 1 time and I dont care if I ever ever do it again.

An instance that takes 4+ hours to complete and you get no reward or any good drops from it just isnt worth it. I never got a badge for Kensington so not sure if its bugged or even if there is one.

Yes a black and red spider can drop from the boss in there but for me it's not worth the hassle.(I have farmed for days for items I want but not doing it there)

Kensington is the hardest instance in the game even to me harder then the spiral tower in Dragonspyre.

Shadai

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Oh yeah it's long. My husband and I just did it ourselves with our lvl 33 wizards and it took us six hours!! It was major hard too. What I really don't like is the fact that the mobs fill all four spots no matter how many of you there are. There were only two of us, and we had to take on four at a time every battle. And all we got was xp for it. I think I got one drop from one of the sprockets, but I didn't really pay attention. If it wasn't for the xp points that help toward leveling up, we'd probably skip it too.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
hrm. what you get from kensington park? All i got was a headach and laughed at by a friend. I'm most not going to do it my second wizard. :-D

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
I started to do it but I decided to do story related quests first and any of the running enemies bug me I don't want to fight those weaklings ( Well they are to me.) I just want to fight the bosses. But right now I'm at Katzenstein's Lab. If I made any typos please tell me I hate typos.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
Warlock9999 wrote:
I started to do it but I decided to do story related quests first and any of the running enemies bug me I don't want to fight those weaklings ( Well they are to me.) I just want to fight the bosses. But right now I'm at Katzenstein's Lab. If I made any typos please tell me I hate typos.

Those "weaklings" are tough!

If you try it by yourself it is three against one.

Kensington is to be avoided at all costs!

I tried last night on the test realm, as there is a street fight in there on the level 48 storm spell quest. My storm wizard is level 50 grandmaster.

I died 3 times, and gave up. I finally found a friend and we were able to get through it together.

So not fair that Kensington is part of this quest.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2008

BY doing kensington park, you get expereince and gold. The main quest is to save a certain DR.WAGGS.

I tried it once and it's too hard for a magus. My friend said that even 3 masters and one grandmaster tried but didn't succeed.

Any way. this is a side quest not needed to get to mooshu! 8)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I don't know about the badge, I haven't looked to see if I got one or not.
Myself and 2 other friends ran this intance Sunday night. It took us a little over 6 hours with no battle repeats. A few times we would complete a battle and before we could clear the battle field there would be a whole new set of the enemy to fight. I am a level 35 Fire and Storm. One of my friends is a mid to upper 30's level Storm. The other one was a level 44 Life. The only reason we were able to complete this instance is because she and her pixie minion were able to keep us in good health. There was a point that we did have to use our own healing spells and potions to reduce the strain on our healers spells so that she could regain her strength in order to get us through. The rewards at this point are not worth it. All I know is that when we finally did finish I went to the shops and sold off a lot of stuff from my backpack that my wizard could not use or was below my current level therefore being of no use.
This instance needs to be toned way down to come closer to the ones we have been running up to this point. Enemy is way to strong, the instance in itself is at least 4 hours to long compared to the previous instances and the current rewards is not worth it. About the only thing you might gain is xp, but if you don't complete the whole thing, even that is not worth it.

Do it again? Not one your life if it is not toned down. This is supposed to be fun. Not stressful. I have other friends that are coming up to this area quickly, and I have beed warning them to avoid it. I would advise this to any wizard. I would suggest that unless you have a friend who is a very strong healer, DON'T DO IT UNTIL IT IS TONED DOWN OR YOUR OWN HEALTH AND MANA IS STRONGER THAN THE COMBINED HEALTH OF THE ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
I was able to solo it with my grandmaster necromancer. But it took me around 3 hours or so. Apparently there is a robot spider you can get as a pet from the end boss. but other that that bragging rights is all you get from this quest. I used it as a measure to evaluate my characters soloing expertise. Well that is all I got.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
What a waste of time. Myself and 3 friends did it last night (levels 30, 33, 48 and 49) and it took over 4 hours. The XP was minimal. The only person who got a useful drop was the level 30 wizard got a new deck. As for any gold gained, I won about 1,500 gold - that doesn't count how much I'll get for all the level 25 drops I will sell today though. That was another thing that really ticked me off - I would like to see a level 20 or 25 wizard go through there! All the drops are set up for that level even though there is little chance of them even beating the thing.

You do not get the machine master there. If someone got it there, it was just because they killed enough golems while there to earn the badge. 90%+ of the enemies are golems, so that's not too surprising.

I despised Marleybone when I was there and this was sealed MBs fate in my mind. I will never return there for any non-quest related issue. I've been dropping back to WZ and Krok to help my friends who aren't as high level yet, but told them once they get to MB they are on their own and to call me when they get to MooShu.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Did it once and never again not worth it. So anytime I see the yellow exclamation mark above the police officers head I run as far away as I can.

For all the effort and time KI really blew this area. Maybe they can make it better or at least make it so the rewards equal the time it takes. Worse area in the whole game !!!!!!

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
My friend said you can get a certain pet from it... But Idk yet should I try it?

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I've never gotten a pet from there, so I don't think any pets drop there. The only reason to even go into Kensinston Park is: 1. You want to a challenge, or 2. You're a storm wizard doing you're level 48 class quest.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 11, 2009
I had to go there with Three of my Friends to beat it.

It took about 3 1/2 hours, complete waste of my Time!

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Just got finished with this nightmare..........not much else to say. Got a bunch of worthless drops, a little xp, an area completed, and the begining stages of carpal tunnel syndrome! Nothing in this list will drive me to going there again. All this and it only took five hours of my life which I can never get back. There were four of us to start and only two of us stuck it out. The only positive thing about this area is that it is not required to progress in the game. Good luck to anyone who decides to give it a try, you will not see me in there again, unless the pet drop becomes part of the reward for completing this.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
drago529 wrote:
Midsummer wrote:
what badge?
machine master :| boring!!!

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I was invited to help a friend last night who was busy doing Kensington Park. I have to say that is one of the most intense places I've been so far. It definately makes you do it as a team. Three mobs at once for a single person. Yes it takes a very long time to do and I can't say I got any spectacular drops out of it either but I liked it simply for the challange that alone made Marleybone for me. It took a long time yes but in my humble opinion it was all worth it.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I contacted support and found out Machine Master is the badge for completing Kensington Park. So :-D

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
OK here is something you get:

The pet: SPIDER GOLEM. Spider Golem is the rarest pet of all! ! ! ! ! Barely anyone can get it and you barely see anyone with it. The last boss in Kensington drops this pet and its a rare catch! Whoever gets the rare pet is the luckiest person alive!

WOOT I WANT IT! (I am a pet collecter)