Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shields and traps not activating properly

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Noticed something strange in the last few days.I've Been playing pvp for two years almost every chance I can get. Recently I saw a few universal traps and school shields still on me after getting hit with according spells? What is going on? Has anyone else encountered this anomaly?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
This is a bug, many notify this as a bug, or know the true meaning behind this. This is to prevent overpowerment and simple one hit kills so often. So here is a basic description/explanation of how it works:

1. You cannot stack the same card, but if it is a different version or the same card, it will work. [Ex: One feint from your deck is placed on them, then you use another feint that came from the same region of the deck will not work. However, use a normal feint from your deck that you set up, then a amulet feint, and a treasure card feint, a pet's feint, and they all work together and stack up properly.]

2. Regarding this, that does not mean that if you use a Elemental trap, then a fire trap, will not stack up. They will, if it is a different spell or the same spell except all copies of it came from different sections of the deck. So I am hoping this helped and it was what you were wondering.

-Nicholas RubyShard, Legendary Pyromancer.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
so now your telling me now if i use my hats fire blade 40% and my regular fire blade 35% from the sam section from my deck they will not work together that is not cool at all i hope they realize this and turn it back the way it was

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
]Here's the run down, had spirit armor on and opponent casts Ice trap then I cast ice shield and when he hits the trap is activated but the shield is not affected. This is one example of the strange observations I have made. In another example everything activated except a universal trap that was not double stacked. Might be isolated incidents but strange none the less

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
travisAk wrote:
]Here's the run down, had spirit armor on and opponent casts Ice trap then I cast ice shield and when he hits the trap is activated but the shield is not affected. This is one example of the strange observations I have made. In another example everything activated except a universal trap that was not double stacked. Might be isolated incidents but strange none the less

I would assume it didn't activate the shield because of the spirit armor.

As for the universal trap. Something I noticed when using feints, if your opponent also casts feint, it does not stack, therefore when you hit them you get the 30% damage trap. Your next hit will trigger the 70%.

Hannah Lifebringe Level 60 Life