Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Experience!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 06, 2009
I was doing a dungeon at lvl 5 to lvl up so I can get tower shield to help my friends. But for some reason I only got 495 experienxe. Is this a bug or is this something Idk about?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
That would depend on the dungeon. And they might have fixed it to suit your level because that is a substantial amount at level 5

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It would depend on the dungeon. In any case, the main way to get experience is to finish a quest or sub-quest, which usually means talking to an NPC at the end of it. Just defeating enemies--even a full dungeon of them--- doesn't give a lot of experience.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Your question is difficult to understand because you have not provided enough context.

My guess is that you ported to another higher wizard in Celestia and were hoping to gain a lot of experience by doing the Portico or Solarium.

The dungeons in Celestia give you experience proportional to the level you are at at the time you do the dungeon. Since you are at level 5 you are given experience at the end equal to the amount required for you to raise one level.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jessessej wrote:
I was doing a dungeon at lvl 5 to lvl up so I can get tower shield to help my friends. But for some reason I only got 495 experienxe. Is this a bug or is this something Idk about?

Not sure which dungeon you are referring to, but if you do a dungeon twice, the xp is only half the amount as the first time through. Third and subsequent times give no experience.

Defender
Mar 06, 2009
Sorry for not puting enough info in. But I was doing Tree of Life. And all your replies helped alot to get an idea why. Thanks! :)