Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009

I think that life school is unappreciated because the school doesn't get that much attacking spells. Life school has more healing spells than attacking ones. It would be nice if you replaced one healing spell with a attacking spell. Like you can make it so like you don't even get the sprite spell, but later one when you are like level 40 you can get the earth walker spell. I think that would be a good spell for life school.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I feel that Life mages do not need another attack spell. The Spiral is already endangered by all the classes becoming too similar to each other. However, I do understand how you might feel another attack is needed because Life heals so well. One heal spell can completely restore all your life points fairly easily. Why does Life need 3 or 4 spells that all do the same thing, heal players over their max? Instead, how about we reduce the healing on all main school life spells by 50% and non main school life spells by 75%. Let’s claim the Life mage back to concentrating on keeping their team alive instead of pelting enemies with sticks and stones. You wouldn’t miss another attack spell this way =)

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Moribund is right when he said the schools are endangered of being to similar to each other. However myself having a life wizard. I know people always have this view about life not having good attacks. But really I never had that problem I loved the life attacks. Sure we didnt get like 7 attack spells or something but every attack spell we did get is a very dependable spell. Seraph was an any situation spell and it would do good damage. Centaur is amazing life always has great powerpips so a life with centaur at midlevel is like a cannon just loads and hits again, and the thing is they are powerful spells like look at this way ice is supposed to have more attacks than life and yet the spell we get at level 33 is more powerful than the spell they get at 42. When you get centaur basically on top of the spiral in attack except storm, and you can still heal. And even when you hit legendary forest lord is an amazing spell attack all and because life still has amazing powerpips you can basically forest lord very often. Which is super effective.

My adivce to you would be train in some sun schools. Because life doesn't have a lot of attacks you gotta make the ones you have count. Hope this helps.

Survivor
May 16, 2011
we don't need another attack spell because there's no room between leprachaun, natures wraith, seraph, and centaur. The only attack spell we could need is a attack all spell other then forest lord.

We do have lots of heals but they all have different uses so I thinks its fair. Plus ive beat marleybone and krok and i'm finding life has two much power with feint and lifeblade i cast rapid centaurs and seraphs easily beating every monster i come across.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
The only thing Life is missing is a 4 pip muti attack spell.
Seraph, Centaur and Forest Lord are very effective attack spells; they do good damage and Life's accuracy is 90 percent. Life also has a 40 percent blade. The addition of Forrest Lord made Life a formidible attack school.

IMO the biggest problem most life wizards have is they spend too much time worrying about healing.

I have a Life and I usually shock players with how much damage I can hand down. I even did the Warehouse in MB solo with my life (because I could not find any help at the time).
Just like any other school you need to use blades (plural) and traps, add extra damage cards/spells and use spells effectively.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Triage is the right step in getting away from only healing spells for life wizards. More attack spells is what 6 other schools are already doing. Triage is the type of support spells you would expect from a healer that isn't healing. i.e. removing poison from the body with triage.

Now it isn't that life wizards shouldn't get any attack spells at all, they do have to solo sometimes. But attack spells should be minimal, relying on others for attacks like they rely on you for healing.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
life is a healing school. its the POINT for it to have lots of healing spells, though im not a theurgist. at start, we get pixie which heals 400 self only but you lucky theurgists get fairy which heals 420 ANYBODY. you also have unicorn and satyr which is vital on the battlefield. you can also use regenerate and dryad at higher levels which people surely need the support of. seriously, feel yourself lucky. then, you get the massive attack spell forest lord which attack everybody and has a cool animation following it

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
Many Life wizards feel the same way believe me :) My first wizard was Life and I have to say ,sometimes, i felt that way too but I don't think the spells should change. Every person in wizard101 wants a life wizard in his group and everyone hopes not to have a life opponent in pvp. If you want to try a different school you can create an other wizard and see if you like it better.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Moribund wrote:
I feel that Life mages do not need another attack spell. The Spiral is already endangered by all the classes becoming too similar to each other. However, I do understand how you might feel another attack is needed because Life heals so well. One heal spell can completely restore all your life points fairly easily. Why does Life need 3 or 4 spells that all do the same thing, heal players over their max? Instead, how about we reduce the healing on all main school life spells by 50% and non main school life spells by 75%. Let’s claim the Life mage back to concentrating on keeping their team alive instead of pelting enemies with sticks and stones. You wouldn’t miss another attack spell this way =)

I have two Life wizards.

I disagree Life should be delegated back to team healer and healing spells should have healing reductions. What you propose would hurt a lot of people who like to solo. That is doing a great disservice to our versatile school. Life is much more than just healing. Life can hit or heal. I do whatever my team needs. Some battles it is better and more efficient for me to just heal, others my hitting and healing is best. My Life wizards are not just healers. I refuse to let anyone pigeon hole me like that. You can play that way if you choose. I know many Life wizards like myself don't want or need the label team healer. We are much more.

Megan

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
You guys are right. Life is supposed to be for healing. The reason that message up there is because it would be nice if there could be a five pip spell so i didn't have to pass to use the centaur and let the enemy attack me.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
:-)Life should have more health too because in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 everyone wants to kill the life first. And the school is called LIFE so we should have about as much as an ice does

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
I have two Life wizards.

I disagree Life should be delegated back to team healer and healing spells should have healing reductions. What you propose would hurt a lot of people who like to solo. That is doing a great disservice to our versatile school. Life is much more than just healing. Life can hit or heal. I do whatever my team needs. Some battles it is better and more efficient for me to just heal, others my hitting and healing is best. My Life wizards are not just healers. I refuse to let anyone pigeon hole me like that. You can play that way if you choose. I know many Life wizards like myself don't want or need the label team healer. We are much more.

Megan

Exactly! It's all about strategy

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

I have two Life wizards.

Megan

I feel that there is too much soloing going on and groups are harder for many people to find. The uniqueness of the schools becoming less diverse only encourages solo play. Other players are simply no longer needed as much. I in no way meant to imply that Life mages should be unable to hit, only that their main focus should be returned to healing, not the addition of even more offense as requested by the OP.

I can also understand why you and the many Life wizards like you want to be hitters, healers, and supporters all at the same time. Versitility is power and nobody wants to give up power willingly. There is nothing wrong with that. Yet, while bennifiting the individual player, I feel it lessens the game as a whole.

I trust we can agree to disagree.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Moribund wrote:
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

I have two Life wizards.

Megan

I feel that there is too much soloing going on and groups are harder for many people to find. The uniqueness of the schools becoming less diverse only encourages solo play. Other players are simply no longer needed as much. I in no way meant to imply that Life mages should be unable to hit, only that their main focus should be returned to healing, not the addition of even more offense as requested by the OP.

I can also understand why you and the many Life wizards like you want to be hitters, healers, and supporters all at the same time. Versitility is power and nobody wants to give up power willingly. There is nothing wrong with that. Yet, while bennifiting the individual player, I feel it lessens the game as a whole.

I completely agree with this. People want life to be this unique big hitter, Support, And healer, But like you said that ruins the diversity because thats what the balance school is for. All these people say well they want more attacks and they don't want to heal, and its like have you ever tried healing? I myself realize that life has the true potential to be a good attacker.. But they have the potential to be an amazing healer, I like healing on my life a lot more than attacking because it is my schools advantage, Because i'm life i can heal like no other school can.. I know people that play ice or life don't like this diversity and don't like being low hitters but they should focus on more of what advantages they already have, rather than just try to change the whole idea of the school.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I can see what Megan is saying, and I agree that Theurgists are much more than support wizards. Personally, I enjoy working with a full team of life wizards, as we fight well and no one ever dies :)

Any advanced Theurgist knows that s/he is capable of dealing massive damage AND healing repeatedly throughout a fight. However, it isn't solely the Theurgist's responsibility to sacrifice all his or her pips for healing others on the team. Heck, sometimes I don't have many heals in my deck, especially if I'm soloing. Anyone who joins my battle in that situation should be prepared to take care of him/herself.

I get frustrated when I'm asked to join a battle just to have my teammates expect me to do nothing but heal them. Yes, my Pixie heals for over 1000 most times, but I like to fight AND heal, as well as share blades, traps, and charms.

LOL, a quick check of my stats will reveal that I have 57% damage boost. I have that boost for a reason, and it has nothing to do with healing :D

Theurgist's Regards,

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Moribund wrote:
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

I have two Life wizards.

Megan

We agree more than disagree. Thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful reply. You brought up many excellent points.

I would love another damage spell on down the road. But, I love Triage and Brilliant Light. They give me more useful tools. Triage really takes Life in another wonderful direction and adds more depth to our school.

I do what my team needs. That to me is true purpose of any school. Some battles especially in higher level worlds I have my heals only deck equipped. It just makes more sense. Other times, for street mobs I do what ever needs being done. I am spoiled by great teammates who look out for themselves and me. We make joint decisions. Then I love all the marvelous heals and the support I can give.

I react strongly to Life should primarily heal because of past negative experiences. Some rude people assumed that was all I could do. Playing with them was a short lived thing. It was not a power thing, I am perfectly happy being the team healer. It is an attitude thing that gets my dander up.

To be quite honest I did not think I could solo on my first Life. I started another little Life to prove to myself I could. She is teaching me a lot about Life. I knew we are not the strongest school, but, we are extremely hard to kill. Life is very versatile. I love being a jack of all trades. I guess the way I play my Life echos what and how I do things in real life.

Megan

Megan

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
Moribund wrote:
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

I have two Life wizards.

Megan

I completely agree with this. People want life to be this unique big hitter, Support, And healer, But like you said that ruins the diversity because thats what the balance school is for. All these people say well they want more attacks and they don't want to heal, and its like have you ever tried healing? I myself realize that life has the true potential to be a good attacker.. But they have the potential to be an amazing healer, I like healing on my life a lot more than attacking because it is my schools advantage, Because i'm life i can heal like no other school can.. I know people that play ice or life don't like this diversity and don't like being low hitters but they should focus on more of what advantages they already have, rather than just try to change the whole idea of the school.

Thanks to you for your kind and thoughtful response. I appreciate it.

I don't want to be a big hitter. I have a Storm that can do that. I want to be treated with respect. I love being the team healer. I don't like be told healing is all I can do.

My attitude comes from people treating me or others in a demeaning manner because we are Life. Needless to say after that battle I was gone. I have surrounded myself with wonderful people. They treat me with respect because I am Life. My friends are wonderful about saying do whatever you want. They trust my judgement or we make a joint decision. My friends have found I can do whatever is needed and generally I make sound choices.

Moribound is right. I agree more than disagree.

Megan