Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets and gear; general ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
Hello,
Pets:
I have heard a lot of complaining about pet leveling and I think I have a potential solution that may make everyone happy.
Mega Pet snacks are pretty expensive when looked at the view of real money; 5$ each (5 hamberburgers from a general 1$ hamberburger fast food place, a days worth of food to most, but besides the point at hand. I just like comparing money with food, also off topic. my bad).
I digress, Kingsisle is a business, thus this is all fair. However, I suggest that Mega Snack packs be offered for gold for paying members. Think of it as another membership bonus. Of course, it shouldn't be cheap; e.g. perhaps each pack could cost 20000 gold or such. This way there is more motivation to maintain subscription while also not making the snack packs too easy to get. T understand that Kingsisle probably makes most of it money from crown purchases, but like with the houses and mount shift to "gold or crowns", I think that this idea will relieve some stress in the message boards and in game caused by pets being very expensive to train.
(average price to train a pet to epic is 10$ with the special crowns deal[1000per$], or 20$ if done by the smallest package.)

Gear:
To be frank, I was a very hardcore diablo2 player(hope saying this doesn't affect my posting abilities :X), and the main reason was the variables of the gear (diablo2 have infinite gear combinations). Now I am not suggesting the same thing by any means as that would be drastically detrimental to the game being children-friendly, but the higher level gear is very static. (one would use one hat of perhaps 5 to get a good combo of stats) What I am suggesting is perhaps some varying in the upper level gear, perhaps one item would drop from a high level boss and said item would have a small range of variables, e.g. a range of 1-8% accuracy or whatever.
I believe that such a gear addition would add a much needed spark to the upper level dynamics(pvp etc). additionally, small variable gear could bring absent players, whom may be too bored to play, to come back and farm for "better" gear.

overall, I think these ideas could help the atmosphere in game and increase the general happiness of the higher level players.

Thanks for any consideration that may be made to my ideas.
-the bug man