Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taking a long break!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
To all my fans out there:

Thank you for listening to my posts, thank you for taking any advice I have given, and thank you for understanding my attitude to whining and complaining...

However, as of recently, things have gotten very out of hand, you could say... Some people are like talking to brick walls... (Yes, I know I can be at times)

However, I do not push the fault and blame entirely on everyone else. Yes, I am at fault for some of the PvP within the message boards!

For that, I apologize!

I really think this game is as balanced as it can be, without all the schools being exactly the same. I am all about making this game better!

However, some people, want to change everything, so much so, that they try and close your posts, they try and blame you for everything, they try and get you banned!

So, I have decided to take a leave of absence on the message boards. You all can find new ideas or get everything changed to insane spell, because that is what will happen if all these complaints go unchecked!

However, I am done with the arguments, I am done with wasting my time and effort on deaf eyes.

My apologies to any and all of my fans!

DarthJT

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
You can't leave yet. you're like 4 posts away from legendary! if you do take a break, though, i hope it's not for too long, as your posts will be sorely missed by quite a few people. i might be one of them, who knows? -etherchaos

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I apologize myself for any kind of sparring. But you know i want people to understand a lot of it was in self defense. I know I don't take a lot of these message boards seriously but I myself just don't take lightly to being called stupid..

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I didn't try to get you banned either... I don't understand why you had to get so personal... Name calling really dude?? Just because you didn't agree with my posts give you no right to accuse me of being anything.. If your calling people names and just trying to troll because people aren't agreeing with you, your trying to get yourself banned..

Anyone that reads this should take this as the lesson of the story..

" You can disagree with someone's opinion..... But you have to respect it!"

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
darthjt-
You will be missed. I know we have disagreed on occasion, but, we have also agreed.

Thanks for all of your efforts! You do make me think. :D

Please come back at some point.

Megan

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Darthjt,

You will be greatly missed here on the message boards, so I hope you don't go away for too long. You can't let a few bad apples spoil the entire patch! Some people are so thick headed, that they don't care to see or learn anything, they think they know it all!

I wish you well and do hope you return soon, I will miss reading your thoughts, ideas, and strategies!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
While I know you will still be playing the game......don't be gone too long off the forums. I'll need to mooch off your strategies for the new upcoming world possibly later this year.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I have always agreed with you on everything you have posted or replied to.. You are about the only person on the boards that I've ALWAYS agreed with- with the exception of a few other good ones.. :) I know what you mean about the arguements & people just "not getting it".. I know you're about making this game better- that's why I enjoyed your posts. I stay off the message boards A LOT too for the same reason- too many people just don't get it- Maybe I will run into you on the game- Please stop in from time to time and keep people in check.. :) You're respected by more people than you know on the boards- and I'm one of them.. Best Regards!!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Well i don't know what inspired this post but for a guy that posted 1001 messages I would think that at least a few of them were contructive input... :D
So take a break, find your happy place and once you decide to rejoin us we'll be glad to hear from you again.
:)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I hope you're not gone for long. You and mman17 are the only reason I'm comfortable with not being on here as much: because I know as long as you're here, (in most instances) my opinion will be heard to the same way I'd give it.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Thank you for listening to my posts, thank you for taking any advice I have given, and thank you for understanding my attitude to whining and complaining...

However, as of recently, things have gotten very out of hand, you could say... Some people are like talking to brick walls... (Yes, I know I can be at times)

However, I do not push the fault and blame entirely on everyone else. Yes, I am at fault for some of the PvP within the message boards!

For that, I apologize!

I really think this game is as balanced as it can be, without all the schools being exactly the same. I am all about making this game better!

However, some people, want to change everything, so much so, that they try and close your posts, they try and blame you for everything, they try and get you banned!

So, I have decided to take a leave of absence on the message boards. You all can find new ideas or get everything changed to insane spell, because that is what will happen if all these complaints go unchecked!

However, I am done with the arguments, I am done with wasting my time and effort on deaf eyes.

DarthJT

Your posts to me are some of the best of this Forum. I wish you well!

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
darthjt wrote:

For that, I apologize!

DarthJT

Well you desrve it you helped many people with your postes

Devin MythBreath Lv 60 fire

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
I always admired you posts, it made me understand the game more (even though I was playing for almost2 years now). You're a great guy with good information :(. We all will miss you while you're gone (yes, that includes me). Who'll take your place for answering and asking questions, DarthJT?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I know there are a few times we have disagreed on an issue, but not many. You have been like a rock on the forums with a lot of constructive points.

I do hope you won't be gone too long. But Take your break and as was said in another post, "Find your happy place" and rejoin us soon. You will be missed.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Explorer
May 12, 2010
DarthJT,

Please come back soon! I don't know if you are following the message boards or not, but they are making a mockery of the game!

I know a lot of the ideas being shuffled around in PvP forum may never pass, however, if they continue to make all these silly requests, without going unchecked, some might pass through!

You are the one, that makes most people see reason and can argue to the point, with facts and figures, to make most people see clearly how and why this is good or bad!

Don't let one person, who is totally clueless, run you off the message boards! We need you!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
RosamaryH wrote:
DarthJT,

Please come back soon! I don't know if you are following the message boards or not, but they are making a mockery of the game!

I know a lot of the ideas being shuffled around in PvP forum may never pass, however, if they continue to make all these silly requests, without going unchecked, some might pass through!

You are the one, that makes most people see reason and can argue to the point, with facts and figures, to make most people see clearly how and why this is good or bad!

Don't let one person, who is totally clueless, run you off the message boards! We need you!

Oh wow your funny... I'm sorry if the only other storm needs to be super powered die hard darth left for constantly getting into fights on the message boards?? And who are you to say those people have bad ideas. Just because they don't apply to you doesn't mean it can't better the game. Like really I can't stand people that think that are so high and mighty that they own the message boards and that the game should only change to fit their benefits which is exactly what your trying to do..... If you want to be in charge I suggest you make your own game.... Until then your just going to have to accept that other people play this game.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
....You could have at least left us with some cheese to pass out, complementary of course.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
RosamaryH wrote:
DarthJT,

Oh wow your funny... I'm sorry if the only other storm needs to be super powered die hard darth left for constantly getting into fights on the message boards?? And who are you to say those people have bad ideas. Just because they don't apply to you doesn't mean it can't better the game. Like really I can't stand people that think that are so high and mighty that they own the message boards and that the game should only change to fit their benefits which is exactly what your trying to do..... If you want to be in charge I suggest you make your own game.... Until then your just going to have to accept that other people play this game.

Oh, and you don't attack people Thorvon? lol, you are too much! So full of yourself!

DarthJT has given many ideas, has helped people, given strategies to help people. A lot of people have learned a lot from him. Just by reading this post, you can see he has fans.

You on the other hand, constantly attack and badger anyone who does not agree with you. You have no fan base and are disliked by many Thorvon. You have not helped or given any good advice. If any of your suggestions ever are incorperated, I firmly believe that Wizards would go out of business...

Oh, and get it right, I am a Legendary Ice Wizard!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
RosamaryH wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
RosamaryH wrote:
DarthJT,

Oh, and you don't attack people Thorvon? lol, you are too much! So full of yourself!

DarthJT has given many ideas, has helped people, given strategies to help people. A lot of people have learned a lot from him. Just by reading this post, you can see he has fans.

You on the other hand, constantly attack and badger anyone who does not agree with you. You have no fan base and are disliked by many Thorvon. You have not helped or given any good advice. If any of your suggestions ever are incorperated, I firmly believe that Wizards would go out of business...

Fan Bases lol?? I really don't care for any of that I have helped people with advice and strategies. Or supporting people in ideas on the dorms. And that is all I do it for. I really don't care if I don't have a "fan base" on the message boards of a childern's video game lol.. And if you actually read a lot of Darth's posts that are "advice" he is either calling them stupid, crying, or complaining.. And they did put some of my ideas in. I helped out a lot with getting pvp rings in homes. I had been using the comments and emails to do that since Dragonspyre and as soon as they came out with a home with a pvp ring in it I bought it immediately lol. I mean i can understand if it was a little just for fun but I didn't think it was that bad of an idea..

You stated in plenty of PvP posts that you were a storm wizard sooo yaaa...

Explorer
May 12, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
RosamaryH wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
RosamaryH wrote:
DarthJT,

Fan Bases lol?? I really don't care for any of that I have helped people with advice and strategies. Or supporting people in ideas on the dorms. And that is all I do it for. I really don't care if I don't have a "fan base" on the message boards of a childern's video game lol.. And if you actually read a lot of Darth's posts that are "advice" he is either calling them stupid, crying, or complaining.. And they did put some of my ideas in. I helped out a lot with getting pvp rings in homes. I had been using the comments and emails to do that since Dragonspyre and as soon as they came out with a home with a pvp ring in it I bought it immediately lol. I mean i can understand if it was a little just for fun but I didn't think it was that bad of an idea..

You stated in plenty of PvP posts that you were a storm wizard sooo yaaa...

Show me one post, just one post, that states that I am a storm wizard, Thorvon. But then, I expected as much, as always, this shows just how much you know.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I just want to quickly jump in and say this is A FAMILY game not a childrens game. IF I worked at kingsisle I would be offended when you compared this wonderful MMO to a game of hop scotch lol.

Thorvan... Last time I checked this thread was about Darth saying goodbye to his friends and somehow, even though you were a determining factor in him leaving for awhile, you managed to highjack the thread and make it about you. Are you trying to get this thread closed? You should have stayed out of this one... I don't want to gang up on you, because I don't believe in that, but I will ask you to stay on topic or just don't post here. Have some respect for the original posters on this message board and provide input that relates to the topic.

Defender
May 24, 2009
you will be missed wierdly enough by people who dont know you but you are a great debater and with all other cases of people leaving there will be more people trying to post ridiculous posts and i honestly have to say mman you and etherchaos have been making the message boards balanced and reasonable. not saying others havent contributed to this as much as you have but only on a smaller scale and sometimes less reasonable.

Theres to many haters here escpecially the one's who threaten physical harm [remember that someone threatened to ax darth jt thats not ok] and people who know they are wrong and are just spewing nonsense
goodbye darth jt

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Darthjt, John,

I have been taking a break from W101 boards and somewhat the game too.
I jumped on here to find an old post and get blindsided by this post.
I have no problem with you taking a break, as long as it's just a break and nothing more. You are the heart of soul of this message board, imo.
I know that things have gotten a bit hot lately, and I don't really understand it.

When you decide to stop back in, I expect that I will still be here and still want to pvp you, after I move up the rank a bit.

Take care,
Joe.