Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Prism

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2009
I find that every school is easily capable of soloing the game, except for balance. I find when a balance wizard faces another balance mob or boss, I find it difficult becuase I have to cope with their resist and there's no way around it. Since balance has no opposite, there can't really be a true prism, but there should be an elemental prism and a spirit prism. Elemental prism would change the spell to a random elemental school and spirit prism to a spirit school. This way when balance vs's a balance boss it's possible to solo without needing someone's help.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Balance does have a prism...it is called Spectral Blast and Hydra. Both spells work great against Balance enemies. I soloed much of the game with my balance wizard without any problems. Before getting Spectral Blast, I used my secondary school (death) against balance enemies.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 life
Hannah Earthbreaker Level 60 Balance

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
superluther wrote:
Balance does have a prism...it is called Spectral Blast and Hydra. Both spells work great against Balance enemies. I soloed much of the game with my balance wizard without any problems. Before getting Spectral Blast, I used my secondary school (death) against balance enemies.

not everybody picks a secondary school so they only have ther own spells and ones from secret trainers

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
superluther wrote:

not everybody picks a secondary school so they only have ther own spells and ones from secret trainers

There is such a thing as treasure cards. Also, at the lower levels, the resistances on bosses is much lower so you can still use same school it will just take longer than if you used another school.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
i have no trouble in the game as balance. when i face another balance enemy i change to my balance resist clothes, witch is a 72% resist. then i equip lots of spectra, hydras, blades, traps and balance dispells.

if you are high enough level, or got a good attack, the spectra can hit 2-3k+. more than enough to defeat an enemy.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
superluther wrote:

Spectral Blast and Hydra are Balance school spells. They just dish out non-Balance damage, negating the need for prisms.