Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Gold Limit

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Today, I was selling some drops I got while questing in Dragonspyre to the Bazaar. I'm a level 46 storm so by now I have a lot of gold and I'm not a crown player. I believe once my gold was at 189,000 I got a pop up saying I needed to spend money because my bag was nearly full. Can we make it so you can hold more gold? I don't wanna waste my money for things I don't need. I already buy mounts and have the Real Estate house. If thats not possible, what should I spend my money on?

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Tylerownsu wrote:
Today, I was selling some drops I got while questing in Dragonspyre to the Bazaar. I'm a level 46 storm so by now I have a lot of gold and I'm not a crown player. I believe once my gold was at 189,000 I got a pop up saying I needed to spend money because my bag was nearly full. Can we make it so you can hold more gold? I don't wanna waste my money for things I don't need. I already buy mounts and have the Real Estate house. If thats not possible, what should I spend my money on?

Im sure theres alot of people in the commons running around that could use your money....lol....but really do what i do when you get full go to the bazzar and but gold spell cards ...lord knows everthing in the bazzar cost alot

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
lets see. the gold limit is 200,000 and you need to spend gold ok. thats pretty easy. just by more furnurature(spelling) for your house. maybe buy a second house as you can have 3 lands 8) there is a lot you can do you know. so just get out there and try these, your gold will be up in no time! gosh i sound like a tv comercial

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Tylerownsu wrote:
Hatch some pets thats how i get rid of money. 30,000 a hatch. you'll have a lot more room after a single hatch.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Tylerownsu wrote:

Try pet hatching. You won't have this problem anymore.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Tylerownsu wrote:

i suggest maybe buying a crown house for 100000 gold and then maybe hatch some pets to lower the amount of gold you have so you can sell more then buy some more stuff

i hope this helped

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Good question!

You can spend a lot of money on your garden, it costs a fortune to become a grandmaster gardener...

You can hatch pets, to try and get the perfect pet to help you.

You can buy a bunch of reagents to craft things, like gear and housing!

This is about all there is left, to spend gold on! I used to spend a fortune on Mega Snacks, but they removed them from the Auction Block!

Almost anything really good or totally worth buying, is no Auction!

So, once you reach max gold, if you have done everything else listed above, as I have, then there is nothing left to spend gold on!

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
I very much agree with the removal of the gold amount cap. However, if such never happens, I suggest hatching pets(a great way to erase you're gold funds. LOL)

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
If you don't already have a second character, you can make one and trade a bunch of your stuff to them through the shared bank to sell. or you can buy equipment for them on your primary character and trade it over. also, if you don't craft already, now is a good time to start. buying recipes and reagents can end up being expensive. there's also pet hatching which can be costly, too. i personally never seem to have enough gold for everything. -eli and crew

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I agree whith you. Raising the limit on the amount of gold would make things easier. I have hit my max gold at least six times, and it is annoying to have to go out and spend money on random things that i don't really want just so i can continue to play the game. If i've hit the max gold i can't sell items when my backpack is too full and because of that i won't be able to get anymore items. Please raise the cap on the gold KI!

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Thanks for the pet hatching idea, I'll do that with my fire serpent. I also bought the 2 houses in Dragonspyre but was back up to full a day later. But with this pet hatching idea that should not be a problem anymore thanks.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
Pet Hatching, Houses, Pet Snacks, Garderning.

I suggest using a lot on Pet Snacks and Pet Hatching, then you'll find it fun and do some farming in the waterworks to get some more money!