Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chain Smoke Screens ---> a REAL lame problem.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Today three of us midlevels went into a 3v3 all of us commanders.

We faced a legendary knight with two others (they weren't level ones, I think they might have been an adept and a journeyman). They get first turn.

The two puppets with the legend smoke screen EVERY single turn to the point where we have about four or five stacks of smoke screen on as we try to defeat a legend who is sending us critically striking death dragons or whatever they are called (none of us over level 29).

We lose of course. Kings Isle's way of adding insult to injury? Docking us nearly max points. -.-

All my friends think I'm stupid for trying to post here and have the hope that Kings Isle is listening or that Kings Isle would do anything to fix the problem.

Could we please get some manner of answer from Kings Isle as to our problems please?

Does anyone know if they ever post on this board?

Suggestions for fixing chain smoke screens:

* Just put smoke blocks, as many as you do with stun blocks. 3 in 3v3, 2 in 2v2, 4 in 4v4.
* Please fix the scoring system, players under 39 defeated by grandmasters of legends that are hitting critical strikes every turn should NOT lose anywhere over 5 points.

Anyone listening out there? anyone?

Crickets?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
There is something we can always agree on laura. I liked your idea on the other post about like a smoke screen block.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
There is something we can always agree on laura. I liked your idea on the other post about like a smoke screen block.

thank you.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Yeah, this is a problem, Gtarhannon and I brought this up a long time ago, before they even fixed chain stunning!

The best I can say, until the create some type of fix, is carry unstoppable, which adds 30% to accuracy... Just wish you could enchant blades and shields with that accuracy!

Not sure why you can't, seems quite logical!

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
I have faced something similar but way worse. Ok 3v3 2 used some screen every single round. But, one was a treasure and one was a regular smoke screen i think that ads up to 90% fiz? Well there was almost no way out of this but our pets saved us by using spritely and taking off the smoke screens. But without a pet with spritely there would almost be no way to win. This needs to be stopped.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
We all had spritely pets but they didn't save us. The smoke screens weren't stacked which made them last longer.

Can't just fill myself with unstoppable on the offchance I encounter this type of cheap team.

If this issue was brought up long ago, why wasn't it fixed?

Malistaire took over King Isle's headquarters?

wow. seriously :-( they must be so poor they can't feed their pet birds if they can't fix a silly problem like this in such a long time. :-(

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
We all had spritely pets but they didn't save us. The smoke screens weren't stacked which made them last longer.

Can't just fill myself with unstoppable on the offchance I encounter this type of cheap team.

wow. seriously :-( they must be so poor they can't feed their pet birds if they can't fix a silly problem like this in such a long time. :-(
have some patience...wow. The team works hard addressing problems and fixing them as they evolve. Chain-smoking is a relatively new evolution of the previous form of chain stunning. They fixed chain stunning so what makes you think this won't be addressed. Your sacrcastic jabs are not going to speed up the process and are quite annoying to me. KI has more than one issue to resolve at a time but has a good record of resolving issues as they arise.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
travisAk wrote:
laurawatersong wrote:

have some patience...wow. The team works hard addressing problems and fixing them as they evolve. Chain-smoking is a relatively new evolution of the previous form of chain stunning. They fixed chain stunning so what makes you think this won't be addressed. Your sacrcastic jabs are not going to speed up the process and are quite annoying to me. KI has more than one issue to resolve at a time but has a good record of resolving issues as they arise.

I'm sure they know about it.. But you never know a lot of the things KI tries comes from the players I think it was seasnake that came up with the multiple stun shield solution to chain stunning. Of course the KI team is proffesional and can find the fairest way to fix a problem. But that doesn't mean laura is just complaining or being sarcastic about it, she wants people to help KI come up with a fair and effective solution to this problem. Why can't you respect that?

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
laura if we only win/lose 5 points every match even like how you described some people would never get any where. and besides not many people chain smoke screen.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
travisAk wrote:

TravisAk,

If you notice, Roland Silverheart opened this forum in 2010 and the first request was to fix chain stunning. Then you can see he posts a year later that it was fixed.

Darthjt said the issue with smoke screen was brought to their attention before the issue with chain stunning so that means players have been waiting for over a year for a smoke screen fix. That's not what I call "relatively new."

Don't you think waiting over a year is sufficient patience? No offense but I think creating an entire Wintertusk world is a littler harder than fixing smoke screens yet smoke screens chains.

I write here because I have hope and when I sense that a situation is hopeless, of course I am upset, but my empathy to Kings Isle was real - I rather believe them to be cash strapped than to believe they just dont care. There was no sarcasm. Sarcasm is when you that opposite of what you said. I don't use that. I say what I think exactly.

The jest of Malistaire is so obvious a joke, you need to be an adult to spot it's a joke.

Though I have no doubt the team is working hard, the priorities are perhaps not in the right order. I'm not going to wait around past the Summer. School's starting up again for everyone and there's more of the world to see if on this one we stand ignored.

LW

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:

:-(

Question, if it's only an off-chance you will encounter this type of team to need unstoppable, why the big rush to get KI to fix it?

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
KI has many more issues and items to fix for the actual game than a chain-smoking problem. PvP is optional. You don't have to go, it's just your choice. They didn't even have to add it, really. It's more of an add-on; entertainment for people who want to play around or finished the main storyline. So just be patient, let them do their work and deal with more important issues and then maybe they can try to get around to fixing this problem. They do listen and they do post, but they're also normal people with lives and their own problems.

They're trying their best to run this game, so just be a little more patient, please. As for right now, maybe you should ask around for advice on how to deal with the problem. Most players on the message boards have some good advice and might be willing to help you out.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
kingurz wrote:
laurawatersong wrote:

:-(

Question, if it's only an off-chance you will encounter this type of team to need unstoppable, why the big rush to get KI to fix it?

Quite an easy question to answer and was hoping someone would bring it up.

Quite simply because you lose anywhere between 25-30 points from fighting a cheap team which compared to all the fair teams you played with that paid you 3 points, reduces your rank to a level that is not comparable to your skill.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Shannoony wrote:
KI has many more issues and items to fix for the actual game than a chain-smoking problem. PvP is optional. You don't have to go, it's just your choice. They didn't even have to add it, really. It's more of an add-on; entertainment for people who want to play around or finished the main storyline. So just be patient, let them do their work and deal with more important issues and then maybe they can try to get around to fixing this problem. They do listen and they do post, but they're also normal people with lives and their own problems.

They're trying their best to run this game, so just be a little more patient, please. As for right now, maybe you should ask around for advice on how to deal with the problem. Most players on the message boards have some good advice and might be willing to help you out.

For many, questing is boring and PvP is the only thing that keeps them in the game. Obviously, this is not you, but you should respect the opinion of players that only do PvP. For us, this problem is very important to get fixed. Not as important as fixing the scoring, but then scoring is higher on the list of suggestions to improve PvP than chain smoke screening.

In addition, it's a relatively simple problem to fix when you notice that stun block was fixed. Players have been bringing up this issue over a year ago and I believe that THAT is more than ample proof of patience.

I'd like you to ask around for advice on how to fix the chain smoke screening problem after you get chain smoke screened. There is none.

If you load yourself up with 12 unstoppables, then you can fight any other team other than chain smoke screeners, not to mention that you'd be preparing yourself to fight an exploiter when what you really want to do is have a fun and fair fight. Chain smoke screening is not MY problem of PvP skill, it is a problem with the game and I do not believe your response takes this sentence's insight into consideration.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:

I write here because I have hope and when I sense that a situation is hopeless, of course I am upset, but my empathy to Kings Isle was real - I rather believe them to be cash strapped than to believe they just dont care. There was no sarcasm. Sarcasm is when you that opposite of what you said. I don't use that. I say what I think exactly.

The jest of Malistaire is so obvious a joke, you need to be an adult to spot it's a joke.

LW

Laura,

I did spot your joke, just did not find it overly entertaining. Thanks for your definition of sarcasm but I did not understand the way you wrote it. I hardly believe you really think they are so poor over there at KI they cannot feed their birds right, you just feel they are taking too much time to fix what you want them to fix so you did say one thing with a different meaning. I'm no litterary expert but there are better ways of getting issues resolved rather than offending kingsisle and making out like you have a clue what it takes you make and maintain a successful MMO. Thorvon pls don't change the topic, Try to get my threads closed or address me further pls and Ty.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:

wow that last comment was mean

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
What if you're the team who does the smokescreens? Then the team that lost would lose the same amount of points as the team that won earned.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
scotttttttttt wrote:
laurawatersong wrote:

wow that last comment was mean

My goodness, since when is being poor an insult to one's character? You and whoever else doesn't like it, get off your Rolls Royce!

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
travisAk wrote:

Laura,

I did spot your joke, just did not find it overly entertaining. Thanks for your definition of sarcasm but I did not understand the way you wrote it. I hardly believe you really think they are so poor over there at KI they cannot feed their birds right, you just feel they are taking too much time to fix what you want them to fix so you did say one thing with a different meaning. I'm no litterary expert but there are better ways of getting issues resolved rather than offending kingsisle and making out like you have a clue what it takes you make and maintain a successful MMO. Thorvon pls don't change the topic, Try to get my threads closed or address me further pls and Ty.

So I'm guessing you are the guy that reads the paper headline: "Company ABC made FIVE MILLION dollars last year" and tells everyone and their brother the company is doing super well without finding out they spent 10 million making five million.

Yeah I can believe that any operating company can be poor, no matter what their revenues are. I've given investment advice to more than one corporate treasure in my life time. Analyzing companies is what I have done for many years. So my comment alluded to a possible poor financial health for the company. I mean every single word I said of it. A company that is not putting their customers' concerns first is in trouble.

If you take my ANALOGY between the company/public as one between employee/customer in the most possible negative way you can, you wont see that I am trying to allude about the company's poor financial health, but instead of the employees financial health. I did draw the analogy because a company's poor performance usually precedes employees poor financial health and again I did make the CHOICE to think the company is cash strapped rather than ignoring its customer concerns which is what a person does to think THE BEST of another.

This problem been around more than a year. Patience has been served.

As for you spotting the joke and not finding it entertaining, get a more innocent sense of humor. Trade the SAW movies for Disney movies. -.- And please keep the comments that meant to offend to yourself, especially if you want to get up on the stand and preach to others about not doing it.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
travisAk wrote:
laurawatersong wrote:

LW

Laura,

I obviously didn't change topic? And your saying Laura is just trying to offend KI and say it is wrong. And then try to Offend me? Wow..

I told you that KI does look to player solutions to problems and if you just call them complainers. You are taking that benefit away from KI. And just leaving a sour feeling in the message boards.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
I agree with the suggestion of putting smoke block as a trainable spell on Diego's list of pvp trained spells. That way those that pvp have a chance to at least cast the block to prevent it from happening. that would solve the major part of the problem.

Another suggestion would be to have a 3rd roster for pvp.

Practice - Rank - Grands and Legends.

That would stop the Noob/Legend teams, plus give us avid mid levels a fighting chance to retain our ranks without having to worry bout high level spells and criticals we cant block.

Rylee (Tomb Raider) level 33 Fire Wizard