Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance: Best Mastery Amulet for PvE Leveling

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2011
I've seen a lot of discussion about what mastery amulet is best for a balance wizard for PvP, but not for PvE questing.

I'm level 38, complete all side quests, and explore all areas and dungeons. I'm solo 95% of the time.

Which mastery amulet it best for a balance wizard for PvE content, especially for soloing dungeons? I'm leaning toward life, but I'd really like to hear from those of you with experience in higher level content.

Thanks!

Survivor
May 22, 2010
Verimas wrote:
I've seen a lot of discussion about what mastery amulet is best for a balance wizard for PvP, but not for PvE questing.

I'm level 38, complete all side quests, and explore all areas and dungeons. I'm solo 95% of the time.

Which mastery amulet it best for a balance wizard for PvE content, especially for soloing dungeons? I'm leaning toward life, but I'd really like to hear from those of you with experience in higher level content.

Thanks!

I agree that life is the best mastery amulet.

Hobey Ho!

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I have used the storm mastery amulet since about level 40 and have found the power of the spells to be a good supplement to balance, being able to use hex and balance blade with it (bladestorm, too, sometimes) to make really powerful hits. i also use crafted gear for the accuracy bonuses, so with precision spell on top can cast my storm spells with over 100% accuracy. going this route, though, i'd recommend keeping some storm prisms in your sideboard. but, i like my combination- it's a very powerful one. -corwin sandstalker, legendary sorcerer

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
the death one can be good expressively if you need health and fight at the same time.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Life is the best mastery amulet for PvE, if you train Life up to Satyr.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Another vote for death because if you are learning or learned feint you already have a bunch of deaths spells known. Plus, like KennethB said, you heal as you attack. Cast helping hands, balance blade, spirit blade and vampire and you'll constantly be at or near full health.

Any of the spirit schools would be a good choice though because then you can use them on balance pve mob/boss and get a boost instead of using spectral blast and eventually hydra.