Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

DragonSpyre (Too Early?)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

I am a Level 41 who is in 'The Tower Archives' in DragonSpyre, is this a way too early level to be starting there? I have done almost all the side quests in MooShu, and I am halfway to Level 42. Is my level O.K?

-Mason D. -Level 41 Necromancer-

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
Adherent
May 20, 2010
You must have skipped most of the side quests in the game. Go back and do them.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
Yes. I entered Dragonspyre at Level 42, right after I got my Helephant. I remember first using it on Cyrus Drake

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Hi, my life wizard who got to ds at level 39. I would suggest being level 40 to be able to pick up side quests, but I got through ds fine.
Leesha Spiritdreamer, Grandmaster Theurgist

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, it does seem that you have skipped some side quests along the way... You can be up to level 45 just starting out in DragonSpyre, if you have done every side quest along the way...

Does this mean you are there too early? Depends! Are you having problems or dying a lot? If you can handle the battles, then I would say no, you are ok, if you are having troubles, then I would suggest going and doing all the side quests and leveling up.

Just food for thought!

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Tylerownsu wrote:
To early, I got there at level 44.

If I level up to level 45, will I be OKAY? :)

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
i dont think that you got there to early. i got there at lvl 38

Justin HexBlood
Lvl. 41 balance :)

Explorer
May 09, 2011
WIZBOY99 wrote:

Justin HexBlood

WOAH! Yeah, I'm all right, I'm a Level 44 in The Grand Chasm, and like 3 more bars left till 45, yep, I guess I'm good! :) Of course, I will continue side-questing!

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
When i was a low level life i got in at like level 39 only because i kept focusing on jade oni more than side quests

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Your near the level, the average level for tower archives is lvl 42 to lvl 44
However, someone said the max you can be is lvl 45, NOT TRUE, my brother is lvl 53 and still in mooshu. (crazy, i know) Although his 'noob account' is lvl 52, and is at district of the stars.

-Nicholas rubyshard, legendary pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Not too early. I got there at level 44. It would have been sooner if I had skipped Grizzleheim (glad I didn't!). Though I did skip every Marleybone side quest. Finished the place and came out level 54. Then went to Celestia and finished the game so I created another account.

Taylor LifeWhisper
Legendary Sorcerer (Secondary: Death)
"Waterworks Warrior"

P.S. Try and catch my current playing account, Amber LifeWhisper, around the Spiral. Good luck and I'll friend you if you can! Just tell me about Wizard101 Posts and I'll know.

Amber LifeWhisper
Master Sorcerer (Secondary: Storm)
"Savior of the Spiral"

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
i got in at level 38. low level. if you can defeat cyrus on the first or second try your in good shape. its skill and stradegy that matters not level. im level 39 in tower archives. if in doubt get some practice with street battles.

keira dreamleaf lvl. 39 diviner

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
I don't think you're too far off, just to ensure MORE victories, I suggest finding some side quests that you might have missed....I got to DS at level 43, but the only reason I made it through Mooshu was because I teleported to a level 60 friend and he was doing a dungeon and he needed help! It gave me 17, 230 in XP! That pretty much made me skip half of my side quests...

Master Pyromance, level 44, Allison DawnBringer!

Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
Justin3620 wrote:
Hello,

I am a Level 41 who is in 'The Tower Archives' in DragonSpyre, is this a way too early level to be starting there? I have done almost all the side quests in MooShu, and I am halfway to Level 42. Is my level O.K?

It's ok, but it would be better to wait till you have you're level 42 spell. That spell, whichever school, helps alot.

-The Silverblades

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
Justin3620 wrote:
Hello,

This is fine , but you might want to consider the mossback ect. quests since your death and that gave me some exp. (btw life has to do this for their lvl 48 spell) and i was about the same lvl when i went into ds and came out as a lvl50 so dont worry the quests (and some side quests) will make you lvl quick.

Ryan Owlwhisper Lvl 51 ( one lvl up) Life wiz

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
Justin3620 wrote:
Hello,

I was an even lower level I was level 39 when I got to dragonspyre

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
Justin3620 wrote:
WIZBOY99 wrote:

Justin HexBlood

WOAH! Yeah, I'm all right, I'm a Level 44 in The Grand Chasm, and like 3 more bars left till 45, yep, I guess I'm good! :) Of course, I will continue side-questing!
I was level 45 :D

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
If you are getting defeated a lot then you may want to level up by doing side quests, or some Grizzleheim. If you are doing fine, then just keep going. If I were you, though, I'd level up one more time to get my level 42 spell, but that's just me.

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Justin3620 wrote:
Hello,

You got there at a good but not great level I got there at level 46

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Hm, I guess it is okay, but I got to Dragonspyre at level 44 and immediately leveled up to level 45 and got all my new clothes. I would wait till I got my 42 card though because it might be difficult to fight them and you might get defeated a lot. You probably skipped some side quests somewhere without noticing or didn't do any of Grizzleheim. If I was you though, I'd start Grizzleheim now.

Brittany Heart
Thaumaturger
Lvl. 45

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
It's good, I'm in mooshu as a level 45 ( ) but i did most of grizzleheim and near completed marley bone [i didnt do the ken dude's lab, to hard for meh ] but i dont agree with these people that say wait for your 42 spell because i'm a life wizard, my 42 spell doesnt do much compared to just healing with my dryad with the three pips, I think aslong as you're like me (do most things alone aka, work hard hard with stratidgies instead of power) which is tougher than power. Over all, no, your level is fine if oyu can do a hard dungeon alone and come out with atleast 25% of your health.

William Fist, Level 45 [almost 46 ]
Master Life, guy dude [its ther- something ]

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I am a level 42 wizard and I got to DS at level 38 so I think it's alright. I just finished the grand chasm and I am up to Sylvia Drake's Tomb.