Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Equipment recipe vendor Carax Strongthread

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
I am a Balance School level 56 sorcerer. In Sudrilund in Wintertusk, there is a equipment recipe vendor named Carax Strongthread. He has a Balance School only, level 56+ recipe for a hat, the Steady Chieftain's Helm. When I select it to buy it, it won't let me.

The only reason I can give is I don't have all of the ingredients. That hasn't been an issue thus for buying a recipe. If it is the issue now, I very disappointed with this inconsistency.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
Hello, Grimly! I think I can help you

FIrst, what is your crafting level. The crafting level for the iteams in each world gets higher so I am guessing that you would have to be a 'Master Artisan'. To learn the crafting rank of each iteam, click on the grey 'Buy' button and it will say "The rank Master Artisan is needed to buy this iteam". If you are anything under Master Artisan you will not be able to by it.

P.S.: It may need something higher then 'Master Artisan', because I'm pretty sure they made a higher rank with this world, so you may need to be a 'Grandmaster Artisan'. Hope this helped!

-Blaze Strongpyre, level 38 Sorceror

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
You have to be a grandmaster artisan to purchase those recipes (completed the task for the dock master in the floating land in celestia). If you hover the mouse over the grayed out buy button, it will tell you what the issue is.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Thanks everyone for the help. I did everything but hover over the greyed out Buy button. I'm too old fashioned, I guess. Greyed out buttons aren't suppposed to do anything like provide useful information.

I hovered over it in Sudriland, and it said I have to be a Grandmaster. I'm only a Master now.
:-)

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Grimely wrote:
Thanks everyone for the help. I did everything but hover over the greyed out Buy button. I'm too old fashioned, I guess. Greyed out buttons aren't suppposed to do anything like provide useful information.

I hovered over it in Sudriland, and it said I have to be a Grandmaster. I'm only a Master now.
:-)

lolz, being grandmaster is hard