Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drops, is it just me?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Is there a limit or an end to drops or something? I have pretty much quit using my L60 Balance character because all I get anymore are seeds and pet snacks, even on my 2nd time through the waterworks, I got seeds, snacks and a bit of junk that I could have gotten as drops in Mooshu for a lot less effort.
Am I just experiencing a "fizzle-fest" for drops? or, is there cap that I have hit?

My other characters aren't doing much better for drops; pet snacks, seeds and reagents. It's getting discouraging.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Let me tell you something 2 times is nothing lol. On my ice i have done the waterworks at least 11 times i still dont have my boots. And i remember trial of the spheres i farmed that place 64 times before i finally got all my 58 gear, then they made the gear sellable so there is a day i can never forget.....

But, the thing is its the greatest gear in the game currently do you really think that are they going to hand it over in 2 tries, I would hope not. So as my advice you just got to keep farming it, I know people that have done it well over 15 times and have gotten nothing.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
My comment wasn't that I've gone through waterworks twice and haven't gotten my legendary gear, I really couldn't care less about the L60 gear, it isn't much better than the crafted gear I use already.

My problem is that no matter where I go, all I get for drops anymore are pet snacks, seeds and reagents. I used to go to Wintertusk and get stuff I could sell for 8,000 to 10,000 from almost every fight, now I have to fight all day for enough gold to hatch one pet.

Example, this morning, I helped a friend in the stellarium and through the whole thing, I got just under 200 gold, 1 pair of shoes and a pet snack. Another friend who was with us who is also L60 didn't even get as much as I did and says that she barely gets any drops anymore.

So is there a problem with drops? Is it a "lifetime cap" that we are coming up to? Are we both just having bad luck?

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I farmed the gurtok demon in DS for the specter pet over 50 times before i got it and now they made it a crown item 100 times for my fire deck and never did get it.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
af6at wrote:
My comment wasn't that I've gone through waterworks twice and haven't gotten my legendary gear, I really couldn't care less about the L60 gear, it isn't much better than the crafted gear I use already.

My problem is that no matter where I go, all I get for drops anymore are pet snacks, seeds and reagents. I used to go to Wintertusk and get stuff I could sell for 8,000 to 10,000 from almost every fight, now I have to fight all day for enough gold to hatch one pet.

Example, this morning, I helped a friend in the stellarium and through the whole thing, I got just under 200 gold, 1 pair of shoes and a pet snack. Another friend who was with us who is also L60 didn't even get as much as I did and says that she barely gets any drops anymore.

So is there a problem with drops? Is it a "lifetime cap" that we are coming up to? Are we both just having bad luck?

Oh my bad... Well I do know that more stuff that you can sell will drop in wintertusk. And i think time goes by a lot faster when your questing or something because you aren't actually trying to get drops you just get them in the process which is why you might feel it was easy because you would sell after all the questing when really it was probably a lot more time of farming but you wouldn't notice it because getting the drops wasn't your intention.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Are you going first in the battles or hitting the enemies a lot? I always find that if I am going first on the bosses- or I hit a lot I get more items- try going first and hitting often if you can - hope this helps :)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
jakehjk3 wrote:
Are you going first in the battles or hitting the enemies a lot? I always find that if I am going first on the bosses- or I hit a lot I get more items- try going first and hitting often if you can - hope this helps :)

i donr know if this true but like jakehjk3 said i think the more you hit the enemy the more stuff you get because ive been experencing that

Devein Myth Breath lv 60 fire