Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Personalities

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hello fellow wizards of the Great Spiral,

I'm curious about wizard personalities today, and wanted to ask:

What are your wizards' personalities?

I'll start:

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist, calm and quiet, concerned for others, likes to fight mobs and bosses in a group often, but prefers to be alone at times. Iridian is the mother of my wizards :) Her tree house has rooms for each of my children's wizards, a massive garden, and a workroom for crafting. Favorite colors: green and blue.

Scarlet Ravensong, Legendary Pyromancer, contemplative, thoughtful, and strategic, enjoys group play, but prefers to fight with one or two close friends. Scarlet is extremely powerful, and is my favorite PvP wizard. Scarlet is the middle sister in my wizard family. Her house in Mooshu is small, but the yard is full of pets. She loves to make robes for her sisters. Favorite colors: Red and black.

Rowan Earthsong, Legendary Sorceress, willful, solitary, and powerful, prefers to solo. Rowan is the second eldest of my wizard sisters. Her house in Krokotopia is isolated, just the way she likes it. Rowan is a deadly foe in PvP, when she plays. Favorite colors: Gold and black.

Moira Shadowmancer, level 41 Necromancer, friendly, outgoing, likes to solo fights, but enjoys good company when it's available. Moira is the 4th wizard among my coven of sisters. She is kind to low level wizards, and loves to train pets. Her dorm room is furnished as an office and workroom, she likes to garden and craft. Favorite colors: Black and dark blue.

Alexandria Dreamwalker, level 20 Conjurer, wears pigtails, jeans, and a tee-shirt, but lives in a giant palace. Down to earth, patient, and friendly, likes to quest with others. Alexandria is beginning to garden and craft, but doesn't see much game time yet. Favorite colors: Orange and blue.

Taryn Earthsinger, level 6 Theurgist, final wizard of the group. Taryn is an interesting young wizard, about whom I don't yet know much. I think she might be a little bit fiery :D

So, who are your wizards, and what are their personalities?

Explorer
May 25, 2009
I guess my wizards personalities are pretty close. (asen they look very alike)

Sarai girffen dust:
I guess she is a little on the quieter side sometimes.
But sometimes i guess shes loud and obnoxious. xD
(AKA talking bout myself)

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Liam Deathbringer: Grandmaster Pyromancer, ice secondary with moon & sun training. Cocky and overconfident, but questions his own abilities when stacked up against his close friend and rival, M. Legendsword. Favorite spell is Helephant, but also loves enchanting Scald for extra damage and watching his opponents burn to the ground. Enjoys comparing his gear choices with others around him. Never learned Elemental Blade or Trap, and does not plan to. Favorite colors are red and black.

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
Justin Hawkflame: Leads every group he's in and likes to plan his next move with his group. He is a has a leader personality and loves it when the group follows his orders. He's not bossy he just leads people. Get's really quiet whenever some one questions his authority.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
Hello fellow wizards of the Great Spiral,

I'm curious about wizard personalities today, and wanted to ask:

What are your wizards' personalities?

I'll start:

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist, calm and quiet, concerned for others, likes to fight mobs and bosses in a group often, but prefers to be alone at times. Iridian is the mother of my wizards :) Her tree house has rooms for each of my children's wizards, a massive garden, and a workroom for crafting. Favorite colors: green and blue.

Scarlet Ravensong, Legendary Pyromancer, contemplative, thoughtful, and strategic, enjoys group play, but prefers to fight with one or two close friends. Scarlet is extremely powerful, and is my favorite PvP wizard. Scarlet is the middle sister in my wizard family. Her house in Mooshu is small, but the yard is full of pets. She loves to make robes for her sisters. Favorite colors: Red and black.

Rowan Earthsong, Legendary Sorceress, willful, solitary, and powerful, prefers to solo. Rowan is the second eldest of my wizard sisters. Her house in Krokotopia is isolated, just the way she likes it. Rowan is a deadly foe in PvP, when she plays. Favorite colors: Gold and black.

Moira Shadowmancer, level 41 Necromancer, friendly, outgoing, likes to solo fights, but enjoys good company when it's available. Moira is the 4th wizard among my coven of sisters. She is kind to low level wizards, and loves to train pets. Her dorm room is furnished as an office and workroom, she likes to garden and craft. Favorite colors: Black and dark blue.

Alexandria Dreamwalker, level 20 Conjurer, wears pigtails, jeans, and a tee-shirt, but lives in a giant palace. Down to earth, patient, and friendly, likes to quest with others. Alexandria is beginning to garden and craft, but doesn't see much game time yet. Favorite colors: Orange and blue.

Taryn Earthsinger, level 6 Theurgist, final wizard of the group. Taryn is an interesting young wizard, about whom I don't yet know much. I think she might be a little bit fiery :D

So, who are your wizards, and what are their personalities?

I love this thread! Since I am a writer, and am using this game to storyboard for my next big project, I've given a lot of thought to my wizards (all 12 of them, haha) and their personalities- I thought I was the only one doing this, and that it meant I should be going through a 12-step program for w101 addiction. :P But, if you guys are doing it, that means I'm totally normal... mostly. :P

Since I have so many, I won't list all of my wizards here. But the important ones are:

Scarlet Skullhammer, apprentice necromancer:

Secondary: Fire
Favourite Spell: Wraith

Feisty and solitary, with a bit of a mean streak. She is young and inexperienced, delusionally-ambitious, and likes to take on high-risk enemies that are out of her league; prefers solo missions, thrives on notoriety, and doesn't like other wizards, though she will still exploit their weaknesses for her own personal gain.

Patrick Dreamstalker, initiate conjurer:

Secondary: Life
Favourite Spell: Troll

He keeps to himself most of the time, and doesn't really socialize with any of the others- he has Mister Gizmo, his golem minion, for company. He will offer help, though only if someone is in need of it; he is also a tad secretive and likes to keep his personal life on the DL.

Sestiva Stormblade, initiate diviner:

Secondary: Death
Favourite spell: Storm Shark

She is the most like me- creative, independent, and fiercely devoted to those she cares for. Disowned by her relatives, after falling for a Myth wizard, her friends are the family she's chosen for herself, and she makes them very easily. Outwardly, she is sociable and friendly, but a part of her is very guarded, like she's not showing all of her cards (figuratively-speaking). Also a 'good Samaritan' type, she always stands up for the loner; in combat situations, this translates to jumping into fights with a stranger who asks for help, or assisting a higher-level friend with a dungeon that she would never dream of entering alone. Being a Storm student (and a good one, at that), she is also the only one brave enough to stand up to Professor Drake, knowing full-well that it drives him nuts.

Tavia Summershield, initiate theurgist:

Secondary: Balance
Favourite spell: Unicorn

She is gentle, a warm and caring soul who will drop everything to help those in need of it, whether it be a good friend or a total stranger. She is dependable and hardworking, and can often be found doing odd jobs for Moolinda Wu, in exchange for a bit of pocket-money- she desperately wants a pony, like her friends have, and is willing to work hard for it. She is a little bit indecisive and prefers to work on healing others than dealing any damage herself, as she is a pacifist and does not believe in using violence to solve the problems in Wizard City... even if she can pack one heck of a Seraph!

Angela Nightflame & Blaze Firefist, apprentice pyromancers:

Secondary: Ice/Storm
Favourite spell: Meteor Strike/Efreet

Though they get along great, these two are the most-oddly-matched twins in the Spiral. While Blaze is busy inciting riots in the arena, causing trouble, and waging war with the Ice school's top students almost singlehandedly, Angela is a team player who enjoys the company of Ice wizards and is even a little bit intrigued by their meek and vulnerable outward appearances.

Valerian Deathwhisper, magus necromancer:

Secondary: Myth
Favourite spell: Vampire

Known around Ravenwood as "Vampire Val", this Death school student is much more open and tolerant of others than most of his classmates. He is highly-intelligent and likes to strategize, though he is guilty of over-analyzing, when faced with do-or-die combat situations.

Tara Winterbloom, initiate thaumaturge:

Secondary: Storm
Favourite spell: Snow serpent

Outwardly, she is quiet and collected, doesn't care much for socializing with other wizards. She carries out her most important missions alone and is reluctant to ask for any help, even in critical situations; efficient and cautious, she expects the same from those around her and doesn't like to rush into battle before getting to know the enemy's strengths and weaknesses. Her 'slow and steady wins the race' mindset has earned her a number of admirers, but she is humble and doesn't let the recognition go to her head.

X Shadowsong, legendary sorceress:

Secondary: Fire
Others: Death, Star
Favourite spell: Power Nova

She is skilled and very powerful, having mastered Balance and with a solid handle on Fire, Death, and Star magic as well. No one knows what her real name is, as she likes to work alone in high-risk areas and is therefore wary of strange wizards; she prefers (and has) a tight-knit group of friends, who call on her for help when they need a sidekick for a dangerous dungeon-run, and whom she can depend on to do the same in life/death missions. She is particularly protective of fellow sorcerers, especially the inexperienced ones, as she knows that the road to Legendary status can be difficult and emotionally-draining, without the guidance of someone more experienced to give you a push in the right direction. Having once studied under the most-respected Sorceress in the Spiral,, she is proud to pass on what she has learned to those just starting out.

[Note: I've called her X because she is my original character and shares my real name; I have yet to decide on, or if she'll even have, a new one for the book-version.]

I think that all wizards should complete this- it is very helpful in figuring out each one's distinct personality/skill set. The ones we bond with are usually the ones whose abilities best suit our own personalities, and we can use exercises like this to figure out which schools work for us and which don't.

That's my two cents for now. Peace out, everyone!

X (not my real name) Shadowsong,
Legendary Sorceress

Champion
May 03, 2011
Well, I did start a thread on this exact topic a couple of days ago. But okay, never mind. Some people like to own their own thread, I guess. On topic: it is interesting how we can use our various avatars to externalize aspects of ourselves that seldom get to come out and play. My three wizards are definitely different, but sometimes they all reflect a more global feeling about the game. This week, they are all pretty tired of the behaviors they've been witness to, especially in the higher realms. Kindness has been in short supply; its opposite rampant. It is, perhaps, time for a wizardly vacation....

Tabitha

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Blaine Ghostbreath: Master Necromancer, Level 41. Very out of the way and brave. Not always sure when to step in or not if theirs an argument. He never, ever, EVER wants to throw a party because of his house having hardly any furniture. Favorite colors: Black and white.

Alejandro Sunheart: Novice Pyromancer, Level 1. Extremely brave and will do anything to protect his amigos (friends). He loves dueling and practices with Diego countless times a day. Although he doesn't seem like it, he is from Grizzleheim.

Those are my character personalities.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Hey that is a great talk about! =D ok heres my wizard personalities

Wolf Strongshield: Mostly happy and friendly, Sometimes likes to farm with his friends, Some of his friends are from YouTube! And wants the malistare suit so bad And loves his to pets! Prince buddy and Emma (Prince buddy is a hotzilla and emma is a fierce pound)And by the way Wolf StrongShield is Balance and is lvl 52+ (I add the plus in case if the lvl changes)

Anthony: Quiet mostly, Loves his pet Wildclaw Shadow and his Unicorn Shelby, Loves to lay by the water and grass with his friend Luke DayDreamer, And wishes to have the life house
And Anthony is lvl 18+ and Life

There you have it! Cool post! Got any crazy mount ideas? Come to my post in The Dorms and come up with any ideas! Tell your friends!

~ 8)WolfStrongShield 8)~
~ 8)Master of Balance, Stay awesome 8)~

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
tabby714 wrote:
Well, I did start a thread on this exact topic a couple of days ago. But okay, never mind. Some people like to own their own thread, I guess. On topic: it is interesting how we can use our various avatars to externalize aspects of ourselves that seldom get to come out and play. My three wizards are definitely different, but sometimes they all reflect a more global feeling about the game. This week, they are all pretty tired of the behaviors they've been witness to, especially in the higher realms. Kindness has been in short supply; its opposite rampant. It is, perhaps, time for a wizardly vacation....

Tabitha

I think I may have contributed to yours as well... I don't remember whose I saw first, but it was late and I was tired. Probably didn't even notice that it was a double-post.

I do understand what you mean, and I empathize, though I've found more kindness in-game recently than usual. For example, when I find the game more stressful than fun, I'll sometimes recharge by taking a short break, or just by turning off ports/staying hidden to friends... that sort of thing. Keep in mind, though, that for every nasty person, there are two nice ones; I kill the nasty ones with kindness (or a full-pip Judge; your choice), and they eventually give up their soul-sucking meanness.

You seem like a lovely girl- all the best to you. :)

L.S.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
James Skullwielder: Legendary Necromancer, Flirty, talkative, friendly, Thinks of others and puts self last. James is the eldest brother of my wizards (I like to pretend they are all brothers :-D ) James does great in school and is at the top of his class. He has a huge Sultan's Palace, room for any of his traveling Brothers. James doesn't travel much as he is retired until Merle discovers new worlds for him and needs the biggest wizards to explore.

Hunter ShadowHammer: lvl 10 storm, quiet, friendly, dislikes huge groups, likes to solo. Hunter is the youngest brother of the group. He is still working hard in Wizard City so he too, may travel like his brothers.

Nicholas: lvl 50 Myth, very loud, strong, persistent, and bold. He can be a troublemaker a lot, which is why Cyrus despises him the most. He travels all over the spiral, in search of Krokotopia artifacts. He studies the krokotopian culture, as he finds it most amusing.

Hunter Iceheart: lvl 60 Ice, the most serious of the brothers. He loves to hunt, especially in Wintertusk. He is the second eldest. After finishing Celestia, he retired till more work was needed, to go to Wintertusk in search of the Frost Giant. He doesn't visit his brothers often, as he never really liked them much. At level 13, he set off on his own...

Alex Firehammer: level 35 fire, got transferred to Pigswick Academy for acceding far beyond his level. A big family man. Invites all his brothers to his dorm in Pigswick occasionally. Hunter, of course, never comes.

Finally, Wolf Lifebringer: level 45 life, Loves to garden, is the sweetest of the brothers. Always visits Alex at Pigswick and even has love for his brother, Hunter, even though Hunter abandoned them.