Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why I don't PvP

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, or even changed in the new update as I haven't done PvP for months. Why?

An essential part of my strategy when facing creatures, and especially bosses is my deck arrangement and wand. I literally change them every time I fight a new creature, a new school, and always when faced with a boss. Why?
So that I have the right shields, the right attacks, prisms if i need it, enough heals and few enough cards that I can get what I want, when I want it by discarding. And so that my wand can break the shields necessary- such as the school my prism changes to.

PvP doesn't let you find out your opponent's school, life and resists (creatures you can figure this out- it shows you the school and rank which tells you the rest) with enough time left for you to arrange your deck, change your wand (maybe your amulet and pet too).

Maybe I'm just strange but I want information, I want to be able to tailor my fight for best efficacy, and when I can't do that, I quickly lose interest.

I really liked the idea of PvP and eagerly await the day that I can do it with out feeling like I am wasting my time.

Cheers,
Fallon Fireeyes

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
saego wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, or even changed in the new update as I haven't done PvP for months. Why?

An essential part of my strategy when facing creatures, and especially bosses is my deck arrangement and wand. I literally change them every time I fight a new creature, a new school, and always when faced with a boss. Why?
So that I have the right shields, the right attacks, prisms if i need it, enough heals and few enough cards that I can get what I want, when I want it by discarding. And so that my wand can break the shields necessary- such as the school my prism changes to.

PvP doesn't let you find out your opponent's school, life and resists (creatures you can figure this out- it shows you the school and rank which tells you the rest) with enough time left for you to arrange your deck, change your wand (maybe your amulet and pet too).

Maybe I'm just strange but I want information, I want to be able to tailor my fight for best efficacy, and when I can't do that, I quickly lose interest.

I really liked the idea of PvP and eagerly await the day that I can do it with out feeling like I am wasting my time.

Cheers,
Fallon Fireeyes

I've been able to set up decks specifically for PvP play. My PvP decks can be a lot different than my game play decks. What irritates me though is that I don't like waiting around for a match to finally be able to start. I want to go play elsewheres until it begins and that normally means I'd rather be in different gear and using a different deck, and I just don't see why players aren't given a PvP equipment setup page that automatically equips the equipment and deck they want in PvP and then auto switches back to their game equipment page when they leave PvP.