Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why Is Wintertusk SOOOOO Easy?!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
codastar wrote:
Your just saying that, Its not easy
mmmmno it really is

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
stanklepoot wrote:
Not to be rude, but what's the point of this thread anyway? Did you start it just to brag about how good you are? I did the same thing you did with my Life, Storm, Balance, Fire, and Death wizards...with the exception that two of them found partners to finish off Nastrond with. I soloed the vast majority with each of those wizards as well. I still didn't feel the need to create a thread just to let everyone know about it. By the way, if you want to brag about how easy an area is, you might want to wait until after the final boss fight. This is like bragging about how easy DS is without having fought your way to Mallistaire and taking him down. You haven't beat an area until you take down the final boss. Personally, I think KI did a good job balancing out this area. The one issue I had was with the boss that has a 65% tower shield that can only be taken down by blading another player. That's tough to do solo, and using a minion only means having something that will mess up your traps. You really have to boost the heck out of your attacks on that boss when you solo him.
No, i am asking KI why this is almost no challenge at all for legendary fires. (Though if people asked i could brag ALL day, lolz)

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
oddish2 wrote:
it was very easy but it is very fun i loved th gh stroy line and i was very happy to see another world on that story and the fact that grandmother raven was in it awsome :D :D :D but i think gh had a cooler story because of the fact that it is tied in with war and unlike other worlds with war involved like kt and ms it shows fighting like in the wolf place with the catapults while in ms and kt you did all the dirty work while every one else sat and watch you kill every thing for him :D :D :D

mat firemancer
SEE? Finally someone agrees with me!

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
You can breeze through most of Wintertusk until you reach...Nastrond!!
This dungeon is the worst dungeon in the game. Worse than the Waterworks.
Loads of horrible bosses and its horribleness triples if you're ice. Every creature (except the horrendous "band" and 3 of Ymir's sons) is ice. Be glad you haven't started Nastrond yet!!!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
I would like to say it varies for different schools...... I'm ice so it took me a bit longer than I was wanting............... Took me awhile to find help for last dungon. But over all I finished WT in aroung a week.....it is easy, but remember this was made for lvl 40 up. So it is a little easier for higher lvls......(was lvl 59)

Iridiand RoseHeart
lvl 63 Legendary
Thamuturge

~see you all in the sprial~

P.S. Also trying to get my Ice pet from Nilbog!

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Saying Wintertusk is easy when you’re level 60 (especially if you’re fire) is like saying Unicorn Way is easy when you're level 20 -- it's not that impressive.

It is however symptomatic of a greater problem – the amount of experience given out for completing quests is outstripping the levels the area was designed for.

In other words…

Players are getting too much experience from completing quests and they are reaching areas at higher levels than they should be. If players reached an area at the correct level (that it was designed for), they would find it significantly more challenging.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
markus1492 wrote:
Saying Wintertusk is easy when you’re level 60 (especially if you’re fire) is like saying Unicorn Way is easy when you're level 20 -- it's not that impressive.

It is however symptomatic of a greater problem – the amount of experience given out for completing quests is outstripping the levels the area was designed for.

In other words…

Players are getting too much experience from completing quests and they are reaching areas at higher levels than they should be. If players reached an area at the correct level (that it was designed for), they would find it significantly more challenging.

I have deliberately held some of my wizards back in order to gain as much XP as possible before getting to some of those challenges. But you also have to remember that MANY wizards were already Grand Masters before WT was added to the game. Since Wintertusk was designed to be at a lower level, it does make it easier for GrandMasters and Legendaries.

I do have a Legendary fire and it was easier to solo with that wizard up to Nastrond (not run yet). My legendary Life did need a little help with a couple of the bosses but she is also sitting at Nastrond. Neither of these wizards have entered ZF yet, but I am in no rush either. At level 70 they will both stop running even if they have not completed ZF except to aid the wizards on my second account.

I have a balance wizard that just completed District of the Stars at lvl 59. She is also starting Vestrilund. When she reaches the level cap, she will stop running until the cap is raised again so that means she WILL NOT be going to ZF. But I prefer it that way. IT makes her stronger.