Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dying equipment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2009
Does anybody else think that dying your equipment cost a little too much? I don't usually dye my stuff because I don't really care about their appearance enough to pay to have it dyed. My storm was wearing all purple and some yellow and I gave him some new boots ( warded footwear, which are died red automatically if you did not choose). So I wanted to change them to purple to keep everything matching ( It was just a coincidence that they all matched before even though I am a storm student). I went in and put the base as light purple and the trim as yellow and it would have cost me 6,155 gold. I tried it with another shoe ( a weaker life one) and it cost 592 to have it died in the same colors, which is a reasonable price ( I would pay up to 3k for some shoes dyed after that I don't think its necessary). So why should we pay more gold for more powerful shoes, the stats should not the cost to dye it. Should they just pick a set price for each color ( each color not over 1.5k gold) and then charge the price for the two different colors added together? no charge for certain mixes of colors either. What do you think about this?

Defender
Jun 04, 2009