Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Just wanted to wonder why people talk down of myth for some reason. Every time I see a conversation over their favorite school myth is always last. Why is that? Myth is pure amazing and I just want to know why others dont think so? Come on! Once you master myth you are truly one tough wiz.

Wolf Stormshade-Legendary Conjurer

P.S Yeah Cyrus gives hard home work but its worth it.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
This is just a theory from my experiences with my myth. People hold grudges against myth if you ask me. I know this is getting more into pvp but i got my myth to warlord from 1v1in and people kept accusing me of chain stunning for cheaps wins lol, of course i had never chain stunned. I did use earthquake a lot in 4v4. But i think because myth's spells rely on you know like sabotaging another person's strategy i think they just hold grudges against because a lot of people like to think what myth does is pretty cheap.
I myself am a minion user and they even are mad at me for that. So i think its more an emotional thing rather than true fact.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I have played all the schools....and currently playing Myth. My thought is that it is tough for most to play a Myth school wizard. Unlike storm and fire, which is almost no thinking (blade and toss), you have to determine what minion, if any, to place in your deck, do you want an area effect, a multi-hit effect, a special effect (eg earthquake), etc. It isn't about just your best spell as far as damage, it is the pre-battle planning, in battle resource-utilization, always evulating patterns necessary to really play Myth.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Most people can't handle the strategy, patience, and careful planning it takes to be a myth... Most people think that myth is only good for minions and earthquake... Most people don't understand and truly under estimate the power of Myth...

So, they want to say myth is last on their list? lol fine by me... They just don't have what it takes to be a Mythical Wizard!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
As a former Myth wizard I can say that I enjoyed Myth up to about Dragonspyre. I have since deleted my Myth to make room for another wizard school. IMO Myth spells just don't measure up to other schools like Storm and Fire. I do think there are awesome things about Myth and I make a killing with Humongofrog and Minotaur along the way but by the time I got to Celestia I just didn't think Myth was all that.
As for PVP, IDK becuase I didn't use PVP with my Myth.

Troll and Cyclops are great spells early in the game.
Humongofrog is an excellent spell while you are leveling up to Grandmaster, but doesn't quite do enough damage once you get going in DS.
Earthquake is unique, but how often do you really need to knock down shields and blades. A Multi attack spell that did more damage would be more helpful.
Minotaur and Orthrus are unique and can be useful, but again the uniqueness comes with a disadvantage in that the double attack makes it hard to use with traps including feint.
Then there is the neverending collection of minions. They are sometimes helpful ( up to about level 35) and fun for a few battles but I am not one to spend 15 turns fighting every battle. I like minions, but hardly every really use them.
Medusa. Well this spell is Ok. Does decent damage but the stun effect is almost useless. Compared to Leviathan and Efreet this spell is second class.

Blinding Light, Stun, remove negative, remove positive... these spells are hardly ever useful and I never have them loaded the one or two times they might help.
Shatter and Talos. Not much here to get me interesting in starting another Myth wizard. I mean 3 pips for shatter, I might use it if it cost 1 pip but for 3 I will just keep my power thanks. I have not seen Talos, but for 5 pips it would have to be as good as an actual player.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Darthjp wrote:
Just wanted to wonder why people talk down of myth for some reason. Every time I see a conversation over their favorite school myth is always last. Why is that? Myth is pure amazing and I just want to know why others dont think so? Come on! Once you master myth you are truly one tough wiz.

Wolf Stormshade-Legendary Conjurer

P.S Yeah Cyrus gives hard home work but its worth it.

In my opinion, myth tends to get called weak for several reasons. First, in terms of damage its right in the middle, but the double hit attacks can be difficult and round consuming to set up. Second, the two AoE (hit all) attacks it has are low damage so while you might see spells such as fire dragon and storm lord wipe out an entire circle, you don't see that nearly as often with myth. Finally, I think that it is a highly strategic school. While it is deadly in the right hands, I don't think that the average player does well with it beyond a certain point and that gives way to the sentiment that "myth is weak".

Again, my opinion, but I think that by the time you hit DS, many myth players begin to have a VERY difficult time soloing. It is at that point that many of your minions begin to be wiped out quickly and since it has low health and starts out with fairly damaging attacks, I think there is a tendency for people to want to play it like a storm wizard. However, it is lacking in some of the raw hitting power that storm has and instead has a large amount of strategic spells.

In fact, I've stumbled in quite a few places with mine by simply putting too many different strategic spells in my deck. I think that master myth players use a lot of different decks (perhaps more than any other school except perhaps balance) simply because they're strategic toolset is so large that you need to have different decks for different strategies if you want to have a chance of having the right card come up at the right time.

Because of all this, I think that particularly at the high levels, myth is simply not nearly as easy to play which again feeds into people losing and developing a feeling (which they generally share with others) that "myth is weak". Wow... long post, sorry. I do tend to ramble...

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
When I first started playing a myth wizard, I really didn't think I would like it. Accuracy is average, Life is a little low, and damage not really all that good. Boy, was I ever surprised with Myth. It ended up being my favorite wizard.

I will admit DS was a little of a challenge, yet I still soloed the Secure House before they shortened it.

With the release of Celestia, a new tactic emerged for myth--sun boost + Humangofrog. At that level you usually start with two power pips--enough for Humangofrog. This gives a decent punch at the beginning of battle. I also found the double hits working great with the shield spamming ice.

I know many people say setting up hits for myth is hard because of double hits. That is because they are so used to placing traps on their enemy. As myth, I don't use my traps unless I know I am using a single hit.

Myth can be difficult at times, but it can be fun. Also, in the right hands, myth can be powerful.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 60 Myth

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Myth is my second favorite school to play and I have 6 legendary characters.

I think the problem people have with the Myth school is the cookie-cutter way of thinking:
Many players build up buffs and summon an attack to one-hit-kill the enemy. This isn’t how Myth works at high levels.

Also, I know Myth has lots of minion spells. Don’t use them. Give the deck a try using NO minions spells what so ever. Just because a schools has a spell does not mean you have to use them.

AoE fights:The AoE attacks are too weak for one-hits to work. Instead, summon quantity instead of quality. In the same time it takes to summon a Fire Dragon or Stormlord, you can cast Humongofrog twice. This is also twice the chance go critical for MORE damage.

For example:
If you are having trouble with Celestia with Myth, try the following:
1st turn: Summon Humungofrog buffed with Sun school
2nd turn: Myth blade
3rd turn: Summon Humungofrog buffed with Sun school
Virtually everything in Celestia dies by 3rd turn. If a little extra kick is needed, use the myth bubble and +crit/dam aura.

Once you have gargantuan, Myth is simply fantastic at helping low level players. Gargantuan + Humungofrog = 1st turn AoE kills.

Boss fights:
For me, this usually consists of Minotaurs instead of Frogs. I prefer minotaurs over the 6 and 8 pips spells as myth is about speed. With the double hit spells, myth can pretty much ignore any shields bosses might have and just stomp on through. Using the +pip aura, you can summon a minotaur practically every other turn in boss fights.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
I have A Myth Wizard and most of you are right by damage spells being kind of on hte low side after you reach DS.... My problem with myth is by the time you get your traps up and your shields and pips up....your almost dead. and the minion you get (minotaurs) never even help you there only good for casting taunt the rest of the time is spent casting 50% off shields on it self.... but dont get me started on that i believe the myth should have a minion that cast higher spells.... but anyways myth is still good in my book because i can beat any boss with knowing how myth works...

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Darthjp wrote:
Just wanted to wonder why people talk down of myth for some reason. Every time I see a conversation over their favorite school myth is always last. Why is that? Myth is pure amazing and I just want to know why others dont think so? Come on! Once you master myth you are truly one tough wiz. Wolf Stormshade-Legendary Conjurer P.S Yeah Cyrus gives hard home work but its worth it.
others have there theories about why myth gets the bad rap, but the truth is that i've been abound trying to convince everyone how weak myth is so we become rare and unique. once people realize that i've been fooling them all along, though, and they see how powerful myth really is, it'll be too late as we just take over the spiral from under everyone's noses. is this true? you'll see... :) -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer, the weakest of all wizards

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
others have there theories about why myth gets the bad rap, but the truth is that i've been abound trying to convince everyone how weak myth is so we become rare and unique. once people realize that i've been fooling them all along, though, and they see how powerful myth really is, it'll be too late as we just take over the spiral from under everyone's noses. is this true? you'll see... :) -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer, the weakest of all wizards

Bwahahaha. Good answer Etherchaos, but this was supposed to be hush hush stuff. At least you didn't give away our hideout location in Cycl ... phew, almost did the same.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
As bad as it sounds, I was turned off towards myth at first because of cyclops and the frog. I hate watching the cyclops flex and pose in his too short man skirt. As for the frog, really? Could they not come up with something better than throwing up on the target?

I've tried double trapping and so on for bosses, and so far in mooshu, I've found it to not be worth the effort. Unless you're fighting a myth boss, just summon your wooden puppet and let him attack while you blade up and prepare to attack. Usually I'll summon Woody round 1, myth blade, spirit blade, frog and with the damage he does all it usually takes is to reblade and minotaur to finish off a boss. If he only stays alive for 4 or 5 rounds and does average 100hp damage a round, well, it adds up. Plus they just used up all or most of their pips to kill something that has 45hp and is free to recast as long as I have the card in my hand.

I fought one boss that was storm with a myth minion and all it took was two castings of humongofrog. The first one with myth and spirit blades, the second with just a myth blade, no prisms on the minion.

It does help that I've a minotaur pet with myth giver and myth shot :D

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
might be off-topic but im a magic sorcerer and let me tell you, balance has 1 thing in common with myth: hard to master, needs strategizing but deadly in the hands of a master wizard. dont feel your school being left alone, for balance is the same. you need to time the buffs and debuffs, choose if you should attack, who should you support, who should that buff/debuff go to...

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
Go myth!! :D I never had a myth wizard but you are one of the best schools.( Cyrus!! )

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
This is my word on myth.

Myth is my heart, soul, spirit, and my life. Everything I think about wizards is Myth related in one way or another. Myth class, amongst similiar classes like summoners, spirit callers, spirit master, evokers, etc etc is what my fantasy life was founded on, and grew up on.

However, in Wizard101, later in the game, especially Celestia+, it very quickly becomes apparent that Myth just falls short.

I am not talking about PvP. So let's get this matter out of the way right now. This reply concerns PvE, and PvE only.

Myth wizards are experts on minions. Summoning minions to their aid to help them in battles. It also says so in the Myth class description at the very beginning of the game. A class that utilitizes minions, usually lack in raw, direct power. That is almost universal. And, so should it be in Wizard101, which it seems to be.

However, especially later in the game, minions become so impractical to use and upkeep, because you are concentrating on keeping yourself alive! Celestia hits you with such a wall in terms of difficulty, using minions become suicide. So, for the majority of Myth wizards, Myth will have lost their minions. What is a Myth wizard without their specialty? A weak wizard that most of the time can not reach full potential.

So, now we have a Myth wizard without minions. Reduced to a weak wizard. Myth, other than their multi-hit attacks, is no longer distinguished in any form or way. Also, while they get a potentially devastating attack, Medusa, it also loses it's effectiveness when faced against mobs that cannot be stunned. Which are pretty much all bosses. Where something such as stun would truly matter.

So, now we have a weak Myth with even weaker spells that once again can not be used to the full potential. Thanks to how this current system works. What is a Myth wizard with weak attacks and no minions? A Life wizard without their exlusive healing. A Death wizard without their exclusive absorbs. An Ice wizard without their exclusive health. A Storm wizard without their exclusive power.

And THAT is the problem with Myth. Wizard101, this can be addressed to you. Allow Myth to reach their potential that they are meant to reach!

Make summoning minions in 4-player combat exclusive to Myth, where a Myth can actually summon a minion! Allow the myth minions to bypass the rules and restrictions of combat, such as waterworks boss fights, as an extension of Myth's power that they should rightfully have! Allow a Myth's stun and spell effects to actually leave their mark on the immune! Give Myth their glory. Allow Myth to be MYTH!!!