Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Vacation Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
For those of us who both like to garden and to travel during the summer months, it would be nice if there was a way we could set our account or our garden into vacation mode, which would freeze all growing progress and pests in your garden.

To prevent people from abusing the feature, it could require a specific number of days and lock either your whole account, or your garden (ie. no harvests) for said number of days.

A mode like that would allow us to go off for trips without having to replant/revive our entire garden when we return

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
morgoththebetrayer wrote:
For those of us who both like to garden and to travel during the summer months, it would be nice if there was a way we could set our account or our garden into vacation mode, which would freeze all growing progress and pests in your garden.

To prevent people from abusing the feature, it could require a specific number of days and lock either your whole account, or your garden (ie. no harvests) for said number of days.

A mode like that would allow us to go off for trips without having to replant/revive our entire garden when we return

ditto :) :-)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
This would be pleasant. I would use it during the week so my plants wouldn't die during the school year!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I was just about to post this! Every summer I go to MN but we dont have wireless so I cant check on the plants. But sometimes I dont know how long I am going to stay so you should have this spell that would freeze the plant like in time, it would not grow or die in the spell only the next time you log on the spell should dissapear. I hope this idea makes on Wizard101! :D

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Ooh, I like the spell idea. That would be a good way to keep people from abusing it. Just have it cost all your energy and it could be sort of a global gardening spell that would hit every plant in and out of your house, freeze them, then have the spell dissipate as soon as you log in again.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Great idea

Sometimes I don't get on every day and can't garden.

I propose that if you were off of your wizard account (this doesn't count forums, or games, just the actual wizard interaction) for 24 hours the plants would automatically stop progressing - ie, they would get no pests, no needs, and no increase in age.

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
morgoththebetrayer wrote:
Ooh, I like the spell idea. That would be a good way to keep people from abusing it. Just have it cost all your energy and it could be sort of a global gardening spell that would hit every plant in and out of your house, freeze them, then have the spell dissipate as soon as you log in again.

Great idea! KI, PLEASE make the update! It would help EVERY SINGLE gardener in wizard101! I don't want my plants to die during my Summer vacation!