Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Liars are in WT!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
Okay, I've made it as far as Nordrilund and did yet another quest where the NPC (a smith in a cave) says he's going to make me the best sword ever forged (or something to that effect). But after the quest is done he says, carry it with you, but you don't actually receive a sword.

In Hrundle Fjord it was an amulet from the raven Morn, then the other guy who says you'll get neat seeds from him, and now this sword. It's making me wonder what's going on. Did I miss some connection somewhere?

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
I did the quest where the NPC says he would give me a sword, and he DIDN'T! So either we aren't supposed to recieve a sword, or we're both missing out on something.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I had the same question about the sword from the guy in Nordrilund.
I have done his quest with 3 of my wizards but have yet to receive a sword from him. IDK if that is by design or an oversight by the programmers.

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
i think its like other quests you dont actualy get it but its important for the story line. sry for the spelling

seth FireWraith

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
My friends and I, have been having some wondering about WT and we want to know, we were looking on the website and we looked at all the worlds is WT a world or is it in another world ? My friends and I were just wondering .

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
It's an imaginary sword, like something that grants you powers or adds epic-ness to your wizards that you can't see... something that is noted by quest complete, but isn't really "real", like an amulet you have to make earlier in the game or in GH making potions and other stuff that need to be forged... imaginary... ;).
Don't be disappointed.
"Imaginary", is cool, in so much as stories go... plus+, you still get other stuff, ( like xp, gear, and so on...) for quest completion.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
greyrose said none of the quests in wintertusk give you items except lvl 55 pets

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
The sword is a lie! No way, the cake isn't a lie either. (Inside joke, people.) The sword is indeed a mighty sword, handcrafted by the finest blacksmith in the Spiral, made especially for not existing.

That doesn't mean it's not a real sword though. It's important to the storyline, as truly as it is fake.

Now, I didn't get to Wintertusk, (anyone wanna help me with those ravens at the end of Blood Brother?) but this is assumable. We didn't get little pieces of the Dragon Rider Staff, after all.

Tyler Summertail Level 54 Grandmaster Pyromancer

"By trying we can easily endure adversity. Another man's, I mean. "- Mark Twain

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Champion
Jun 16, 2009