Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Time to Clean!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Time to clean out your backpack and bank!

Having your backpack and bank over capacity can make your Wizard less efficient.

The easy solution to this issue is selling unwanted items at the Bazaar - you'll be surprised at how much gold you can earn! Selling your extra items could even help you save up enough for that house you've been wanting... or spend extra gold hatching with all your new Pet-a-palooza pets!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Thats what I did and I got thousands of gold! Other wizards, start doing this too! You'll get hundreds of gold!

~Kelly
The Life Wizard

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Also, your no auction items can be sold for gold at any robe, hat, or boot shop/vendor. your no auction seeds can be sold at any housing shop. -eli and crew

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Community Leader
Well I will be the first to admit, I am such a in game pack rat . I did go through a few wizards last night and got rid of so much for spring cleaning. I
Thank you Professor for reminding us we need to do this once in a while.

Edited: Added comment
Woot!
Thank you Professor so far I have made on one wizard 140,000+ from selling low level pet snacks and misc items on one wizard. On another wizard I have made over 60+ k. Now to do the same with all the others.

Here I thought that account was broke, when in fact it was full of riches that are unneeded to be sold.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Great! I do this regularly, and reccomend it for all wizards. Although I am kind of suspicious about this... are we getting ready for something that will cost a lot of gold?? :P

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i always sold unwanted items even as a beginner before the reminder. i dont find why to keep items you cant/dont want to use. i also have crown-bought clothes so i sell every robe/hat/shoes/decks i find

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

Sadly, I have my backpack PACKED. Not with equipment, but with home items, and since I have sold SO MANY housing items, I am buying a MooShu house and placing all my furniture items there, so I can empty my backpack and bank! I was really surprised at the amount of gold I received my selling equipment! Thanks for the nice reminder, Greyrose! :)

-Mason D. -Level 42 Necromancer-

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
Ah, the Bazaar!

From the simplest of tiny wands,
to the mightest of swords,
from tiny seeds, housing items,
cards, and reagents galore-

For all your clothing needs,
from boots to a frilly hat,
Come and shop down at the Bazaar,
where everything's always at!

(And for a decent price too!)

They should have that on a sign post right outside the Bazaar. Ya go up and press X to read it.

Seriously though, the Bazaar is awesome. Wouldnt of got that Lion Mount without it.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Time for KI to raise the cap on how much gold you can get, too. Way past time.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:

Time for KI to raise the cap on how much gold you can get, too. Way past time.

Or implement a new system encouraging the spending of lots of gold (for those that are not into pet hatching). Let's face it, what are we going to do with 400,000 gold if the current most expensive thing is 100,000? Retaining huge amounts of gold will just sit in the bank. However, if wizards are compelled to spend that gold, and lots of it, they may not even break the current cap of 200,000.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
You can buy mounts and castles in the Crowns shop with gold, but it is not obvious that you can.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
I love cleaning out my backpack so that I have room for new items! I just did Nastrond, Sold the items and got about 50,000 gold!

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
If I may be completely honest, I dont mind selling. I just dont want to hatch a pet train it then because I can not auction it, have to sell it at the noob rate.

Even if i didnt hatch my pet for talents, I wouldnt want to sell it after i train it because its not even near the worth. I cant tell you how many of my well coveted highly functional Epic battle pets would cost at a vendor 5 in gold. 5 is really what i would get, I cant imagine a snack that cheap.

Also if I could trade cards with my other wizards I could give them their school spells. I can tell you how many ice spells i am dropped as fire or death as storm. I can sell the cards but most times I forget until i am in a fight and i am setting up my side deck.

Sometimes as matter of not making anything too easy on Wiz 101 you guys make it less practical.

For example in order for me to sell, I have to go to wiz city. I am not sure why there is only one bazzaar, except to say that you it forces the higher wizards to go wiz city and while that is cool for say pvp or hatchery because, well that's just the way it is. For the bazzaar that seems less practical. I know the crown shop was supposed to make shopping easer, and it does! But you can not sell. so what happens is I collect items while i explore worlds, farm and do quests in say Wintertusk, then unless i have a reason to go home I usually wont go to the bazaar unless i need money.

Make selling more practical for students and you will find that harding will be less trouble.

just a suggestion.

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Defender
May 31, 2009
I had tons of stuff from Celestia bosses on my now Legendary wizard. I sold it, and earned enough money for three Chestnut ponies! (150k)

I did this on all my wizards, and got over 10k on all of them.

Thanks for the reminder, Prof. Greyrose!

(And by the way, i got that old homework done I forgot to give you in Ice class :P)

Sabrina
Legendary Thaumaturge
Author of The Chosen Three fanfic

~See you in the Spiral!~

Explorer
May 21, 2011
I find this very useful cause i'm saving up for a Krokotopia castle, and this is speeding it up a lot. Say you're a ice wizard and you get a life only item. you can just sell that. Try to sell anything that is completeley useless to you.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011

Having your backpack and bank over capacity can make your Wizard less efficient.

The easy solution to this issue is selling unwanted items at the Bazaar - you'll be surprised at how much gold you can earn! Selling your extra items could even help you save up enough for that house you've been wanting... or spend extra gold hatching with all your new Pet-a-palooza pets!

i kept doing this and i got thousands! :D :D :D i just kept defeating the kraken about ten or more times and i sold that stuff for thousands!!!!!

- Savannah Shadowtail , the death wizard

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
I always sell after I get things, I only keep things that are better than what I currently have. I always spend after I get around 25,000 though...