Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What PvP Options would you like there to be?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I am still in favor of adding arena options. Basically players could choose to sit or to make a new table and the maker would be able to select match options to which players could see before a match begins and bow out of should they be against them.

PvP options could be stuff like no pips upon start, half damage on first turn of play, start matches in a damage reduction bubble field, no side boards allowed, no more than X number of same school characters on a team, no friend's sat teams, and so on.

Just wondering what type of PvP checkable options players would like to have, or even if everyone is against PvP options.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
level option level 1-10...51-60 that should stop high levels from ranking down just to fight newbs for easy points/tickets
treasure cards option: treasure card or no treasure cards this would restrict people to primary/2nd school spells only(stop a lot of crying about treasure cards to)

everything else (for the most part) iam fine with.

Michael RedBlood death

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I would like to be able to say hello to my opponent without revealing all my gear and statistics.

So I want a "Saying 'Hello' does not reveal gear and statistics" option.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Zzatdragon wrote:
level option level 1-10...51-60 that should stop high levels from ranking down just to fight newbs for easy points/tickets
treasure cards option: treasure card or no treasure cards this would restrict people to primary/2nd school spells only(stop a lot of crying about treasure cards to)

everything else (for the most part) iam fine with.

Michael RedBlood death

perhaps an option where all players must be within X number of levels (perhaps five) from each other, and contrarily within X rank of each other would work well

All of this would likely slow down the time it takes for matches to start but might draw in more players at the same time and those who do play may find any increased wait time highly acceptable.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Hello!

I think it would be awesome,

if there was an ability to see each others school,
but both players would have to agree on it before the match begins!

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
seasnake wrote:
I am still in favor of adding arena options. Basically players could choose to sit or to make a new table and the maker would be able to select match options to which players could see before a match begins and bow out of should they be against them.

PvP options could be stuff like no pips upon start, half damage on first turn of play, start matches in a damage reduction bubble field, no side boards allowed, no more than X number of same school characters on a team, no friend's sat teams, and so on.

Just wondering what type of PvP checkable options players would like to have, or even if everyone is against PvP options.

anything that restricts MORE the matching system will not fly. this is one of those suggestions.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
iAmSoG wrote:
Hello!

you obviously haven't run into someone with 87% resist to your school, this can be done if your opponents school is known beforehand and would be exploited to no end. No....just no.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
iAmSoG wrote:
Hello!

Here's how I find out people's schools. You people can do it too (If you don't already, of course). Click on the menu chat and click battle orders. There it will show which people are which schools. I hope this helps

Caroline Sunbright level 60 life
Brittany Rainriver level 60 storm
Emily Spiritriver level 60 death
Laura Iceheart level 60 ice
Alexandra Redleaf level 48 fire

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Rihanna12 wrote:
iAmSoG wrote:
Hello!

Here's how I find out people's schools. You people can do it too (If you don't already, of course). Click on the menu chat and click battle orders. There it will show which people are which schools. I hope this helps

Caroline Sunbright level 60 life
Emily Spiritriver level 60 death
Laura Iceheart level 60 ice
Alexandra Redleaf level 48 fire

And you can already do that.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
Posted this idea in other threads so I suppose I could post it here also.

One way to stop Grands and legends ruining mid level pvp is for them to have their own roster for sigh ups.

Prevents high powered spells and criticals we cant block.