Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It might not be cheating but...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Anything the game code allows can't really be said to be cheating. There's really no way to "cheat" unless you're using a bug.

However there are certainly things you can do that ARE cheesy. Very poor sports do these things. People who don't care about playing a good game, winning because they are skilled, or even just having fun playing will do these things.

I'm sure you have a list of items you feel have no place in a PVP match. I'll start the list off with this one:

1. putting your high level, epic trained school pet on your newbie, then entering 1v1 matches against other newbies

So what do you feel people should not do in PVP if they are good sports and good players?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
1. Spam Treasures ( treasures are fine but when you are using more treasures than your real cards you have a problem)
2. The over use of smokescreen( i understand you farm stinkweed but its just not cool)
3. Over use of 1 pip dispels that arent trained (especially if your going first)
4. Playing 4 accounts all at same time... Same name, same clothes ,same pets and everything. ( It is just really creepy)
5. Calling people criers for no reason (Like grow up honestly)
6. Laughing at another player because they lost( Same thing grow up everyone loses at some point)
7. Storm spamming Tempest (I understand it is your spell but really it is just annoying)
8. Verbal Sparring ( Just walk away trust me when i say i know it is very very hard but if you walk away your the better person)
9. Treasuring Triage ( This one is my own personal personal opinion, because it is such an amazing spell and it should be left to a healer only, if everyone uses it just not fair to the schools that rely on over times (Death,Ice,Fire)
10. (This is my own opinion) Talking to yourself.... ( i have had so many matches where someone on the opposing team kept typing stuff and it had nothing to do with anything and no one else was there, it creeped me out, creeped my team mates out....) I commend you on physcological warfare however...

Survivor
May 29, 2010
I got one but its not something one person can't do its really an option of pvp that should be added.

In pvp I get stuck with much higher ranks than me . The higher pvp ranks are be able to kill faster than the lower ranks so I think its kind of unfair that lower ranks get stuck fighting them because we can only choose quick join You should be able to choose what ranks you will be facing. Maybe have quick join rank ranges. For example quick join could allow you to choose:

Equal match
or
Face-off: where you could choose to face ranks one to two levels higher than you.
or
Challenge: where you can actually choose to take on a much higher person or team.

That way it's not just people raising their ranks by slamming around easy targets and if you want to pick a match and take your chance at higher levels you can.

Please KI consider changing this so pvp is fair.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Let me ask this, if your house was on fire, would you want the fire department to bring you a cup of water, or as much water as it takes to put the fire out?

I would think, most people would prefer to have them bring enough water to put the fire out... So, why would you think that people would not bring the best pets or best treasure cards to a PvP match?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Alicia Rosepetal wrote:
I got one but its not something one person can't do its really an option of pvp that should be added.

In pvp I get stuck with much higher ranks than me . The higher pvp ranks are be able to kill faster than the lower ranks so I think its kind of unfair that lower ranks get stuck fighting them because we can only choose quick join You should be able to choose what ranks you will be facing. Maybe have quick join rank ranges. For example quick join could allow you to choose:

Equal match
or
Face-off: where you could choose to face ranks one to two levels higher than you.
or
Challenge: where you can actually choose to take on a much higher person or team.

That way it's not just people raising their ranks by slamming around easy targets and if you want to pick a match and take your chance at higher levels you can.

Please KI consider changing this so pvp is fair.

Believe me when i say KI tries their best at it, But the problem is PvP is player Vs player, there is no guarentee that your perfect arena match is playing the same time you are. You know pvp is an optional thing and not a ton of people pvp, and because of recent updates it is very easy now to get warlord or to get commander or knight, so in that we are getting rid of the middle class of pvp the sergeants the veterans and the corporals, so now your either a private or sub private, or knight to warlord lol. So while they try to fix things you just can't say oh this guy needs to be sergeant or something, its a completely player created problem and its just how things function so while they do try it just is impossible to really fix it.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
once again, I state that there should be selectable options that may be chosen when creating a new match in the PvP arena, as it stands now there is a lack of variety that otherwise could exist and regardless of match rules the better players will be able to adjust, but the worse players who easily and mostly win due to being on a friends team with a cheap and easy rather easy to win strategy will likely suffer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
1. Spam Treasures ( treasures are fine but when you are using more treasures than your real cards you have a problem)
2. The over use of smokescreen( i understand you farm stinkweed but its just not cool)
3. Over use of 1 pip dispels that arent trained (especially if your going first)
4. Playing 4 accounts all at same time... Same name, same clothes ,same pets and everything. ( It is just really creepy)
6. Laughing at another player because they lost( Same thing grow up everyone loses at some point)
7. Storm spamming Tempest (I understand it is your spell but really it is just annoying)
8. Verbal Sparring ( Just walk away trust me when i say i know it is very very hard but if you walk away your the better person)
9. Treasuring Triage ( This one is my own personal personal opinion, because it is such an amazing spell and it should be left to a healer only, if everyone uses it just not fair to the schools that rely on over times (Death,Ice,Fire)
10. (This is my own opinion) Talking to yourself.... ( i have had so many matches where someone on the opposing team kept typing stuff and it had nothing to do with anything and no one else was there, it creeped me out, creeped my team mates out....) I commend you on physcological warfare however...

Treasure cards is for the Advanced PvP'ers!

Common PvP players either don't fully understand or know how to use treasure cards... This is why most people complain about them, because they don't have the ability to combat them.

Dispels, entirely advantageous if you are going first, a major hinderance if you go second... I would still like to see cloak fixed to where Dispels will not have any advantage to whom ever goest first or second. If it was truly cloaked and unseen by your opponent, they would not know they are being dispelled...

Triage, a good spell, since most people are not strategic enough to combat it... I will state this for the last time, if a DOT spell is in Place and they decide to use Triage, They are vulnerable to an attack... An attack to someone without shields can be very devastating...

A person playing an entire team, no it's not cheating and to put it simply, why team up with people that are only out for themselves, or that has no idea how to PvP... (If you could take 4 Micheal Jordans on your BasketBall team, or pick Doink the Clown, Sleepy and Grumpy Dwarfs, who would you pick?)

Everyone whines and cries when they lose, they have to have a reason and complain about it! It can't be that they lost because they were unprepared or that they did not have a good strategy, no there must be a reason!

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Handsdown the cheesiest thing ANYONE can do is play with a legend or grandmaster that teams up in a 2v2 with a downranked noob.

Mostly good answers, Thorvan. :P

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Treasure cards is for the Advanced PvP'ers!

Common PvP players either don't fully understand or know how to use treasure cards... This is why most people complain about them, because they don't have the ability to combat them.

Dispels, entirely advantageous if you are going first, a major hinderance if you go second... I would still like to see cloak fixed to where Dispels will not have any advantage to whom ever goest first or second. If it was truly cloaked and unseen by your opponent, they would not know they are being dispelled...

Triage, a good spell, since most people are not strategic enough to combat it... I will state this for the last time, if a DOT spell is in Place and they decide to use Triage, They are vulnerable to an attack... An attack to someone without shields can be very devastating...

A person playing an entire team, no it's not cheating and to put it simply, why team up with people that are only out for themselves, or that has no idea how to PvP... (If you could take 4 Micheal Jordans on your BasketBall team, or pick Doink the Clown, Sleepy and Grumpy Dwarfs, who would you pick?)

Everyone whines and cries when they lose, they have to have a reason and complain about it! It can't be that they lost because they were unprepared or that they did not have a good strategy, no there must be a reason!

Ok this is just stuff that is in bad sport its not actually cheating darth...

Second off spamming treasures doesnt mean you are advanced at all lol. I'm talking about people who use more treasures than real cards, it is really just a bad habit of course they will have an edge in pvp if they are spamming cards that are out of their school to act on their own benefit... Is it smart no lol. It shows you don't care about strategy or knowing your school you just want to pay some 40k gold to guarentee that even though you don't know how to play your school you can still be a good match to a smarter player... Imo they should just learn rather than spam treasures.

Next I understand your explanation to triage and everyone knows this it is a common thing. BUT what I am saying is in general you shouldn't use it if you are life it a spell meant to defend a healer from an AoE attack...
It is like the quote J Todd Coleman used from the incredibles when he addressed the trading of charmed treasure cards "When every one is super no one will be" this is my main defense for my argument it should be reserved as life only end of story.

The funny thing is darth no one complains. I countlessly see people that will just call someone a crier and they wouldnt have said anything people in this game are just bad sports. And the ones that have a reason always have a good one. The most common is a complaint of what i have stated before just the spamming of treasure cards that aren't in there school just thinking of nothing more than discarding a real card hitting the draw key and just using treasure cards without any real strategy lol, which is a valid reason to me, just because you have better things to do then camp the bazaar or just waste gold on treasures all day and that actually playing a good game and using your wits and actually THINKING thats more than a complaint it is just truth lol.

Now first off there will only be one michael jordan, clone him all you want only one... Now that thats off my chest

Its not against the rules if your a solo person thats fine but seriously you should see some of them. One time i fought a guy that did in 3v3 and tried to pretend they were all different people so its just creepy is all.

Survivor
May 19, 2011
thats what the games about freindlyness and fun not cheating and things i cheated once but i found its bad to the game, your life, your heart,your computer please respect this game thumbs up if you agree

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:
Handsdown the cheesiest thing ANYONE can do is play with a legend or grandmaster that teams up in a 2v2 with a downranked noob.

Mostly good answers, Thorvan. :P

Ty, I guess i forgot about the one you stated but i know thats a big problem to xD

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
You mean you just called me a cheater? My level 48 fire (Alexandra Redleaf) has had an ancient magma spider since she was level 20, but I don't PvP.