Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Labyrinth and Other Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Well, just yesterday I was doing The Labyrinth to get the obsidian chest inside of it. It went fine, except for the fact that I got to the chest ten minutes after I was supposed to leave to go to karate. My mom got really angry at me but we still made it in time.

But that's not the point. I went in to the Labyrinth with a team of three people and it still took me an hour and ten minutes just to get to the obsidian chest which is what, halfway through the dungeon? I'm not complaining about the difficulty of the Labyrinth, no, it's fine in difficulty.

What I'm worried about is what will happen later on in the game. I do not have much time for this game, and I've heard there are some seriously long dungeons right when I get to Celestia and after that. (I.E. Waterworks, Trial of the Spheres, etc.) Why do we have to cover a dungeon all in one sitting? Why can't we just log in, get halfway through a dungeon, log out, and finish the other half the next day? Worse, you can't mark your location in a dungeon, teleport away and come back.

I understand that this is to make it more difficult to get the rare gear in the dungeons in such, but what if there isn't any gear worth farming? I don't think I'll be able to finish this game due to the long dungeons ahead of me.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Well, just yesterday I was doing The Labyrinth to get the obsidian chest inside of it. It went fine, except for the fact that I got to the chest ten minutes after I was supposed to leave to go to karate. My mom got really angry at me but we still made it in time.

But that's not the point. I went in to the Labyrinth with a team of three people and it still took me an hour and ten minutes just to get to the obsidian chest which is what, halfway through the dungeon? I'm not complaining about the difficulty of the Labyrinth, no, it's fine in difficulty.

What I'm worried about is what will happen later on in the game. I do not have much time for this game, and I've heard there are some seriously long dungeons right when I get to Celestia and after that. (I.E. Waterworks, Trial of the Spheres, etc.) Why do we have to cover a dungeon all in one sitting? Why can't we just log in, get halfway through a dungeon, log out, and finish the other half the next day? Worse, you can't mark your location in a dungeon, teleport away and come back.

I understand that this is to make it more difficult to get the rare gear in the dungeons in such, but what if there isn't any gear worth farming? I don't think I'll be able to finish this game due to the long dungeons ahead of me.

How many times do you leave a movie theater in the middle of a movie due to commitments? Most "long" Wizard 101 dungeons are two hours in length. The same amount of time to sit through a movie. You should probably wait to do dungeons when you have sufficient time to complete them.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Mimzkat101 wrote:

How many times do you leave a movie theater in the middle of a movie due to commitments? Most "long" Wizard 101 dungeons are two hours in length. The same amount of time to sit through a movie. You should probably wait to do dungeons when you have sufficient time to complete them.

Good point, but just like a movie whether it be a dvd or an actual theater sit in, you have to leave for more important things in the middle of it. I find it pretty sad sometimes working close to 2 hours into a dungeon, something comes up and there goes 2 hours of work. I believe there should be a save state option for solo dungeon players but for teams it should be the normal sit ti'l end setting.