Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

medusa can't stun!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Dear Kingsisle medusa sounds like a cool spell but my opinion IT STINKS
medusa can't stun any monsters it can only stun i pvp but i don't like pvp please change stun to because i can't stun anything in marleybone! so kingsisle
i would like for medusa to stun any monster.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Bosses can't be stunned. That's how they got to be bosses. I believe that enemies with "Elite" by their names can't be stunned, either.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
colagada wrote:
Bosses can't be stunned. That's how they got to be bosses. I believe that enemies with "Elite" by their names can't be stunned, either.

I thought they allowed some boss stunning recently? Haven't tested with Medusa, but I've used Freeze on quite a few bosses recently. I believe now, the game will tell you what bosses can or can't be stunned (of course after you wasted your turn trying!!!).

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
A lot of the wintertusk bosses I have faced can be stunned with medusa. I have done it many times. Not sure about which that cant be stunned. But I have had many stuns go through

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
What boss survives a hit from medusa in marley? besides the warehouse ones, but, remember, they 'cheat'. anyway, medusa has been stunning bosses recently. i've stunned bosses over a dozen times in wintertusk! medusa is a fantastic spell now because of it! -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
kingurz wrote:
colagada wrote:

I thought they allowed some boss stunning recently? Haven't tested with Medusa, but I've used Freeze on quite a few bosses recently. I believe now, the game will tell you what bosses can or can't be stunned (of course after you wasted your turn trying!!!).

Then use a one-pip stun spell to find this out instead of an 8-pip Medusa, because there is no variation on the stun spell. The 1 or 2 pip version is the same as the Medusa component.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Well, I'm wrong on any recent changes, update notes haven't changed any since the last update:

"Notification on Stun Fail - Bosses can’t be stunned, now there is notification of such fact!"

I assume the bosses I have been stunning is a glitch? (there aren't that many). I would normally suggest that maybe those bosses just happened to coincidentally pass that round, but there was no stun failure message at all. I should probably start writing those names down.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Bosses are not able to be stunned only there minions can be stunned and Medusa hits a little hard

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I much agree! Really if you can't stun I might as well use orthrus! It'll do more! I think that medusa should be aloud to at least stun for ONE turn on bosses!

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Well, I'm wrong on any recent changes, update notes haven't changed any since the last update: "Notification on Stun Fail - Bosses cant be stunned, now there is notification of such fact!" I assume the bosses I have been stunning is a glitch? (there aren't that many). I would normally suggest that maybe those bosses just happened to coincidentally pass that round, but there was no stun failure message at all. I should probably start writing those names down.
i stunned 2 more bosses last night with medusa, or they passed for 2 turns plus got the stun shield plus gave no notification of the stun failing. either she's stunning them or scaring them from attacking. one was the white version of forest lord in wintertusk and the other was the second ice boss you fight in nastrond. in total i think i've stunned bosses about 14 times in the past 3 days. i think 2 of them were the same bosses while helping different people. i hope they don't change this if it is a glitch- it seems more like a fix to me. :) -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
kingurz wrote:
Well, I'm wrong on any recent changes, update notes haven't changed any since the last update: "Notification on Stun Fail - Bosses cant be stunned, now there is notification of such fact!" I assume the bosses I have been stunning is a glitch? (there aren't that many). I would normally suggest that maybe those bosses just happened to coincidentally pass that round, but there was no stun failure message at all. I should probably start writing those names down.
i stunned 2 more bosses last night with medusa, or they passed for 2 turns plus got the stun shield plus gave no notification of the stun failing. either she's stunning them or scaring them from attacking. one was the white version of forest lord in wintertusk and the other was the second ice boss you fight in nastrond. in total i think i've stunned bosses about 14 times in the past 3 days. i think 2 of them were the same bosses while helping different people. i hope they don't change this if it is a glitch- it seems more like a fix to me. :) -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Okay. That's what I thought too, but couldn't find any update notes to back me up. I know I have been stunning bosses, but only within the last month or so. If it is a glitch, well then, I'm just "stunned."