Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

blinded in battle

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
help i am in a battle right now and can not see may day!

Ok a few questions:

1. How are you typing this in a battle?
2. What is a "May Day?" A day in may?*
3. Why do you need to see your "May Day?" if its a pet then it doesnt matter.

*Do you mean as in "Mayday we are being attacked?"

I really cant understand your text. (Sorry. :( )

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
What do you mean?

-----------------------------------------------
Sabrina Star, Life

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I myself havent experienced this but i have seen other people that have experienced this... Can i ask where you were fighting when this happened? Because it is common in Wintertusk.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
chatter2000 wrote:
Sojourna wrote:

Ok a few questions:

1. How are you typing this in a battle?
2. What is a "May Day?" A day in may?*
3. Why do you need to see your "May Day?" if its a pet then it doesnt matter.

*Do you mean as in "Mayday we are being attacked?"

I really cant understand your text. (Sorry. :( )

Dude, "Mayday" is a call for help, goodness sake!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I've never been blinded in battle but on occaision the game can lose the mouse pointer, often that happens with an initial game screen flicker. I assume this may essentially be the same sort of problem.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sojourna wrote:

It sounds like you are playing in windowed mode and have other functions running in the background. Try to keep other programs from running directly behind the Wizard 101 game window while your fighting or moving around. Since sometimes "stuff" bleeds through and causes graphic issues. Switching from window to window multiple times can also cause the Wizard 101 mouse icon to disappear. To get it back click off the Wizard 101 window, then click back on it (try to reacquire the normal windows mouse icon). Hopefully, I'm somewhere in the ballpark with the issue.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
When you mean blinded, did everything turn black? or did the interfaces simply disappear?

For every thing turning black...That only happened to me once, I think I was on windowed mode, but can't be sure. I ended up logging out and then back in.

Now, if you were in battle and you could see the enemies, but not your cards are the other interfaces, then you briefly lost connection. There is something you can do when this happens. When out of battle, simply hit END or HOME button. END will take you to the commons area of the world you are in and HOME will take you home. Once the game loads the different area, everything is normal again.

When in battle and this happens press ctrl + g. This will somewhat bring the interfaces back. You will not be able to see the circle around the enemies feet or your feet and you will not be able to see traps, blades, and shields, but you will be able to see your cards. After the battle, you will be frozen and unable to move, but you will be able to port away in order to refresh the screen in a new area.

I hope this helps.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life