Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questing to get Skeletal Dragon

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Well the other day I was in need of a pvp strategy for a necromancer and darthjt suggested that I should get a skeletal dragon spell. However, I've heard that questing to get this is very hard and takes time (which I do not have much of.) So, can anyone tell me about these quests before I actually get into them, so I don't end up getting defeated or having to flee because I was unprepared? (Or run out of time halfway through the quests and having to start over.)
Thnx in advance.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
Well your going to be sent to fight a guy named Osseus. Osseus is death and so is his banshee minion, although another thing is that you have to do the quest alone. Osseus cheats by placing a hex on you each round so its best to have a few death shields with you. For me, i just had a bunch of prisms, shields, traps, blades, and wraith was the only damaging spell that i had used over and over again. This may surprise you, but its actually not a good idea to summon a minion for this kind of strategy because they will mess you up and take all those traps and prisms you set up, and lastly kill the minion first and it doesn't matter one bit if Osseus gets to attack first in the fight or if you do, you both have an equal chance of winning. "The death school is the best!" Malorn Ashthorn

Adam Blood, Legendary Necromancer (level 60)

Defender
May 06, 2009
On my death wizard I thought the fight for the skeletal dragon was actually easy. Like any other fight always kill the weakest link first. Make sure you load up on death shields and have a reshuffel in your deck (should be obvious but just making sure). Everytime you cast a blade, shield, trap he will hex you. So just get over that and remember to always keep a death shield up. Since both of the mobs are death you will need prism's to really fight them. I used my wraith spell with gargantuan simply because if there is a way to get healing AND do damage it is an awsome thing. :-) The fight wasn't really that long, but it did take a little time obviously. I think I only reshuffeled once never really do keep track of that.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Well the other day I was in need of a pvp strategy for a necromancer and darthjt suggested that I should get a skeletal dragon spell. However, I've heard that questing to get this is very hard and takes time (which I do not have much of.) So, can anyone tell me about these quests before I actually get into them, so I don't end up getting defeated or having to flee because I was unprepared? (Or run out of time halfway through the quests and having to start over.)
Thnx in advance.

The boss, Osseus, has about 13,330 health, and the minion, around 1,100 health. If you blade/trap, he will cast a hex on you. I believe he doesn't critical, as he never did on me, but there is still the chance. His spells aren't serious, max I had to go through was a hexed wraith. The minion is an ordinary Dragonspyre mob, casts the occasional weakness, mostly uses low ranked spells. Osseus isn't a problem if you have max death prisms, reshuffle, a few weaknesses/tower shields, 6-7 wraith/pirates, and damage enhancements (i.e. Monstrous)
LDC lvl 60 Death

Defender
May 12, 2009
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Thnx in advance.

The quest is you have to defeat a guy harder than malistaire, but i used a guide and found a very helpful way by buying clothes such as wicked walkers, wicked mantle, chaos armor, and if you have it, rod of rapture. I found this out from another wizard who i don't know the name of. With these clothes, you get a resist that makes his strongest, best bladed spells do less than 500, and every other thing less than 200. I won the quest as soon as i got this.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
easiest way to do that battle is , if you have some crowns just get three life henchmen [lvl 60], the fight will go much faster, they'll help you and keep you healthy. :-)