Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Every single useless spell what do you think?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
K Here is my opinion on useless spells

Taunt The reason why: It only gives a chance of them attacking you so kinda useless and in pvp it doesnt work at ALL(i aint a ice wizard!)

Blinding Light,Choke,Freeze? It costs 2 pips and is a big step up from the stun and since it does not work on bosses it has a useless affect Its only practical use is 3v3 or 4v4 in pvp

Doom and Gloom i dont know about this one but its pretty useles e.g If you needed a satyr in and that bubble was up you would only get a 440 satyr

Power play In the earlier lvls its fine but once you are a master or a grandmaster or most certainly a legendary it pretty useless

Dark pact Kinda 50/50 on this one but yeah it costs one pip and takes 500 DAMAGE! and only for an extra blade so yeah pretty bad

Shatter 3 pips for a single opponent it definetly needs to do it to every enemy

K thanks for listening until then Peace

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Taunt or sooth. I mean I guess Ice is the "tank" school but to give it a chance and not an almost guarantee that is kinda off. And the sooth and like spells...who actually uses them? I'm killing a guy do I really want to waste my pips so he won't attack me!? Now those are wasted spells.

The stun all spells are very useful I mean I'm not only fighting bosses in my travels! But then again in PvE it isn't super!

Doom and Gloom! As a life wizard I hate this spell more then any other! As a death wizard I'm not affected by it's effects since my heals are stolen! I am pretty disturbed with it's boost to 65% from 50% that is painful for a healer!

Powerplay I have to agree! One big issue is that your enemies get the benifit of this and sanctuary so casting them seems kinda pointless.

Dark pact is good cause that blade maybe just what you need to finish off your enemy.

Shatter is good as is. It takes all positive shields and removes them that must be worth 3 pips.

How about Brown Spider? A life boosting spell on a death pet? Confused?

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
jibtherandom wrote:

Taunt The reason why: It only gives a chance of them attacking you so kinda useless and in pvp it doesnt work at ALL(i aint a ice wizard!)

Blinding Light,Choke,Freeze? It costs 2 pips and is a big step up from the stun and since it does not work on bosses it has a useless affect Its only practical use is 3v3 or 4v4 in pvp

Doom and Gloom i dont know about this one but its pretty useles e.g If you needed a satyr in and that bubble was up you would only get a 440 satyr

Power play In the earlier lvls its fine but once you are a master or a grandmaster or most certainly a legendary it pretty useless

Dark pact Kinda 50/50 on this one but yeah it costs one pip and takes 500 DAMAGE! and only for an extra blade so yeah pretty bad

Yes Taunt is pointless but if your helping a friend it could be useful. And yes PVP it isnt useful.

Stuns come in handy....Its only that noobs ChainStun that I think 3v3 and 4v4 may need alittle more review even today after the changes that have all been done....I know it is still possible just cause i have a mind that analysis things. But yeah isnt half as bad as it once was.

DOOM AND GLOOM! Super helpful XD....I use it alot XD Even as a Life or Balance. Its one of my favorite spells now that it is 65, 75, and 85% heal drain. You would have to look at it more closely to understand it.

Power Play.....Yeah to tell ya the truth i have only used it a total of 6 times since my first day playing W101. Balance was my first school. It was never useful to me. Sure it would give me a chance to have power pips but it also gave that power to monsters and other players that I OPPOSED.

Dark pact is only 300 not 500. And at times it can be painful but useful. On my death i use it alot.

Shatter is one I like but it is used by the most dangerous of all the Schools. Myth! I know most will say Balance is but it isnt. But hey.....I analysis things.

Sooth and Taunt are the only ones i only ever used Once to see what they would do. Turned out they did nothing worth my time....so never looked back at them. Snow Angel is my prefered to Taunt. And yes some say Taunt on it is dumb but I have used attacks to try and distract them to attacking me even without my allies not using anything and the monsters didn't distract so yeah....Taunt only by Snow Angel is my choice.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jibtherandom wrote:

When I group with my ice wizard, I always use my taunts. This is the second single most important spell to me (behind Ice Armor). If the enemy is attacking me, then they aren't attacking my friends. Taunt is great because it is zero pips, powering me up for Ice Armor. Yes, it doesn't work in PvP, but every spell shouldn't have to be applicable in PvP. It may not be useful to you, but don't discount the usefulness to ice wizards.

Freeze is a zero pip spell. It fizzles a lot, but when it works it prevents a non-boss from affecting me or my team that round. Again, great tool to power-up ice armor with. It may not be useful to you, but don't discount the usefulness to ice wizards.

Doom and Gloom is not good for PvE, since a lot of bosses don't heal, but the use of this spell is very frustrating in PvP, where player stats have tremendous boosts to healing percentages. It may not be useful to you, but discount those wizards that duel life wizards.

I too don't like Power Play (since it affects the enemies too), but someone suggested a spell that would LOWER a wizard's Power Pip chances globally. If that spell was introduced, THEN I could see this spell seeing more activity than it currently does. However, I'm sure there are wizards out there that don't have high power pip chance stats (maybe they went with resists or healing boosts instead). This may actually be very useful to them.

For a death wizard using Dark Pact (spell was intended for), you can actually get most of that life back with the blade it grants you. So....while it may be useless to you, don't discount the usefulness to Death Wizards.

If shatter worked on all enemies, it would be almost no different than Earthquake at 6 pips! Yes, the blades aren't getting removed, but the key to winning more quickly is removing those shields. Removing the blades is key to keeping you alive longer. For the quick kill wizards, this spell (and pierce) are very useful.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Correction to my post above. Taunt costs 2 pips, while Distract is zero pips. I use both during the course of battle, but Taunt is more important since every battle beyond Wizard City consists of more than one enemy. Distract adds on more aggro and powers up my Ice Armor. I usually get Taunt out as early as possible, while my friends are blading or shielding. Then I go with Distracts and Freezes to keep enemy focus and keep them from action.